[Note][ROM's] Many Droid X ROM's will work on Droid 2 w/out trouble...

Search This thread

DroidzforLife

Aug 31, 2010
Salt Lake City, Utah
Check out my original post over at droidforums.net if you would like...

[ROM] rubiX Focused 1.9.0 Leak/Non-Leak by Drod2169 will also work on your Droid2 along with...

[THEME] Black Juice v4 for rubiX Focused 1.9.0 by Juicemane

[ROM] Rumm Rx v1.0 - First dose of awesomeness by jrummy16

Please thank these developers for their efforts and time spent to make our devices sick as hell.

Just treat it as any other D2 Rom or follow the link instructions that apply to the ROM your about to flash:

1. Bootstrap recovery
2. Reboot recovery
3. DO A NANDROID BACKUP!(Optional but recommended!)
4. Wipe data & cache
5. Mount system and mount data
6. Install zip from sd card
7. Reboot Phone

Please let me know of any bugs you come to find besides the top row on the device keyboard not working correctly and the version warning pop up when using Swype so I can attempt to fix these minor issues and expand our limited library of custom ROM's !

Thank you,

DroidzforLife:D:D:D
There is a "Extras.zip" for these DX Rom's a few post's down.....

Rumm Rx on my DROID 2....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlaHk8_Fmpo

Last edited:

stupidpopmediareference

Mar 4, 2010
Houston
I tried Rumm Rx v1.0. The problem with the keyboard is really just a mapping issue.

The part that didn't sit well with me was that it ran rather clunkily in comparison with ApeX.

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
Dont give me the credit. Actually the keybaord fix is very simple, and the camera fix only works on rumm rx and Squiddly directed me on how to get it goin(for the most part). And it has nothing to do with the build.prop, not that I changed anyway. I just deleted everything camera and media related and put it in from a near stock(as close to stock as I can find)rom. The backlight is also an issue on most DX roms on the D2. I figured it out on UD but cant figure it out with the rubix or darkslide rom. Speaking of darkslide, that is a very sharp rom, I asked the dev that made it about a port and he said he will work on it starting next week. That will be a very nice addition to D2 rom line-up. You can check that rom out here http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-roms/5788-rom-darkslide-v4.html

ljbaumer

Apr 3, 2010
California
I'm going to try out the apex 1.3 gingerbread style rom built for the dx right now to see if it works... will that be safe or is that stupid to go ahead and try out the rom?

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA App

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
I'm going to try out the apex 1.3 gingerbread style rom built for the dx right now to see if it works... will that be safe or is that stupid to go ahead and try out the rom?

You do those things at your own risk... I have personally flashed every DX rom I can find on my D2, they ALL booted. Your gonna run into the same problems on all of them though; no camera, physical keyboard issues(easy fix), and maybe backlight staying on. Im not saying to do it, but if your gonna do it, be prepared for the problems I mentioned. One thing I will say, Im almost positive that if that rom is alot different than the ApeX thats already been ported, fab will bring it to the D2 also. Patience is a virtue :D

ljbaumer

Apr 3, 2010
California
Ok, ill try and replace all the droid x apex camera files with droid 2 camera files...

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
Ok, ill try and replace all the droid x apex camera files with droid 2 camera files...

Ok. Also go system>lib>delete dsp and hw folders and replace them with ones from the D2. Then, go system>usr> and delete keychars and keylayout folders and replace them with ones from D2. That will get physical keyboard working. Let me know what the rom is like.

Matt4542

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 5, 2010
Connecticut
www.matt4542.net
The DX roms wont work 100% The camera will NOT work because it is a different camera and requires different libs and the keyboard is unmapped because it doesn't have the correct keychars from the DROID2. Otherwise they work fine. I made JRummy a good D2 copy and kejar a D2 copy of his rom.

Reactions: mikeyinid

newk8600

Aug 19, 2010
Northglenn
The DX roms wont work 100% The camera will NOT work because it is a different camera and requires different libs and the keyboard is unmapped because it doesn't have the correct keychars from the DROID2. Otherwise they work fine. I made JRummy a good D2 copy and kejar a D2 copy of his rom.

speaking of keyboard mapping would you happen to know which file to edit to stop the back button on the keyboard from working or to make it only back up when i hold it or press it twice? just wondering.

I don't know how many times I've typed up a long post only to have it all disappear with a misplaced keystroke.

kejar31

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 24, 2010
I can an update.zip with the needed files to make a 2.3.340 based DX rom work with a D2.. if anyone wants it?

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
Hmm, I was so worried about getting the DX roms working on my phone. Now I have all of them working only to realize the best ones were already available :/

doughboy408

Jan 13, 2011
nice theme i was wondering what you used to do your clock and the bottom bar of the black juice? its a awesome look im a noobie at this trying to figure everything out lol would be great if you could help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.