SM-T210 Rooting 100% Working (atleast on my device)

Search This thread
Mar 2, 2014
This post is for people who wish to root their Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (WiFi) SM-T210. This MAY work for other versions as well, but to be safe, i suggest you proceed only if you have the SM-T210 version. But before that, i want to warn you about a few things.

Disclaimer:
Firstly, I neither own these things nor have any role in creating them. I am only acting as media acts, that is, providing the information to you. This information is strictly educational and i do not wish for any of you to cheat any hard working developer, as i myself do not do so either. Also, this information is strictly not mine. I tried this method and found it to be working and am just distributing this information

Secondly, If your android device, except for SM-T210 and maybe for it too if you don't do it properly, gets bricked during this rooting process, please do not hold me as responsible as all you do is on your head.

Thirdly, as I am sure you have heard alot of times, if you go ahead with this, you can consider your warranty Null and Void.

Now, lets begin with the rooting. After rooting, i will give you a few tips about which apps to install, although I don't know many of them.

To be downloaded before beginning: (Error, Being a new member, I cannot post outside links here. Sorry for the inconvenience, if you need these links, please email me at {removed}. As soon as i can, i will post the links

Odin (preferably a new version 3.07 or 3.09, this link is of 3.09) :-
TWRP Recovery, as it is working for my device:-
Universal rooting software (android armeabi):-
Samsung USB drivers, if they don't install on first try, try deleting and reinstalling them. I give this as this is a better alternative than Kies:-

Move the rooting software to the SD card of your device

After downloading, please do exactly as i say, unless you wish to brick your device instead of rooting it.
Procedure:
1) In your computer, install Samsung USB drivers. Also, please make sure that your device is atleast having 50% battery.
2) Open Odin.
3) In OdinSelect PDA and use it for TWRP Recovery. After you navigate to "TWRP Recovery.tar.md5" and open it using Odin, the file's pathname should appear on right of the PDA button.
4) Still in Odin, DESELECT Auto-Reboot (better if you do it) and Re-Partition. If you don't do so, this is where everything will go wrong.
5) Boot into download mode in your Galaxy Tab 3. To do so, press the home button, the volume DOWN button and the power button all at once. If successful, a screen with a big triangle with a ! mark will open with a few warnings. Ignore these warnings and press Volume UP button.
6) Connect your GT3 to your computer using the USB cable. If drivers are installed properly, a sign should open over your ID Com button, signalling the port. Also, just below the ID Com, and the other buttons of Auto-Reboot, etc, below them, there should be a small box where it says "Device added", then "Device Removed" then "Device Added" again (if it doesnt show removed and only shows added once, it doesnt matter). Also, when you use the PDA button for recovery, it should end with "Leaving CS" or something like that.
7) If everything until now is done properly, we can proceed to the easy part. Click Start
8) It will probably take a few seconds, then end at "Res OK" and RESET in the button a little above ID COM. Remove your device from the computer now
9) Now, we have to turn off the device using the power button. Just hold it and it will turn off. Once it does, you have to get into Recovery Mode. To do so, press Home button, Volume UP button and Power button all at once. Then a screen with a few options should show, and Team Win Recovery Project (if you used TWRP) should be above (if you have flashed it correctly)

Of course, if you have installed custom recovery earlier, there is no need to do all these above instructions.

Now, in recovery mode, simply click Install. Then, you will see a list on the left side. Scroll down, and select external sd card, and navigate to the android armeabi file (make sure you haven't decompressed it (unzipped it, i mean). Then, TWRP will install this to your system and you can reboot into normal mode. Download SuperSU from Play Store (preferably ClockWorkMod) and open it. Update your binaries if it asks you to.

To verify, download "Root Checker" from Play Store. By the way, install SuperSU and allow it to grant permissions to Root Checker before you try verification.
If it says Yes, which it should, then you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (WiFi) SM - T210 and installed recovery on it.
If it says No, please comment below, or check the permissions for Root Checker from SuperSU.

For feedback (whether it be haters or questions), just comment below.

After rooting, the SECOND app to be installed after rooting is "Freedom" available at in-appstore.com. All information is provided there. And, i say second app, because the first is SuperSU.
Also, you can install SD Boosters, Speed Boosters, Recovery tools, Market Place (to download incompatible apps), and a lot more applications. Just Google it up bro (or sis). :D :highfive:

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2014
This post is for people who wish to root their Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (WiFi) SM-T210. This MAY work for other versions as well, but to be safe, i suggest you proceed only if you have the SM-T210 version. But before that, i want to warn you about a few things.

Disclaimer:
Firstly, I neither own these things nor have any role in creating them. I am only acting as media acts, that is, providing the information to you. This information is strictly educational and i do not wish for any of you to cheat any hard working developer, as i myself do not do so either. Also, this information is strictly not mine. I tried this method and found it to be working and am just distributing this information

Secondly, If your android device, except for SM-T210 and maybe for it too if you don't do it properly, gets bricked during this rooting process, please do not hold me as responsible as all you do is on your head.

Thirdly, as I am sure you have heard alot of times, if you go ahead with this, you can consider your warranty Null and Void.

Now, lets begin with the rooting. After rooting, i will give you a few tips about which apps to install, although I don't know many of them.

To be downloaded before beginning: (Error, Being a new member, I cannot post outside links here. Sorry for the inconvenience, if you need these links, please email me at {removed}. As soon as i can, i will post the links

Samsung USB drivers, if they don't install on first try, try deleting and reinstalling them. I give this as this is a better alternative than Kies:-

After downloading, please do exactly as i say, unless you wish to brick your device instead of rooting it.
Procedure:
1) In your computer, install Samsung USB drivers. Also, please make sure that your device is atleast having 50% battery.
2) Open Odin.
3) In OdinSelect PDA and use it for TWRP Recovery. After you navigate to "TWRP Recovery.tar.md5" and open it using Odin, the file's pathname should appear on right of the PDA button.
4) Still in Odin, DESELECT Auto-Reboot (better if you do it) and Re-Partition. If you don't do so, this is where everything will go wrong.
5) Boot into download mode in your Galaxy Tab 3. To do so, press the home button, the volume DOWN button and the power button all at once. If successful, a screen with a big triangle with a ! mark will open with a few warnings. Ignore these warnings and press Volume UP button.
6) Connect your GT3 to your computer using the USB cable. If drivers are installed properly, a sign should open over your ID Com button, signalling the port. Also, just below the ID Com, and the other buttons of Auto-Reboot, etc, below them, there should be a small box where it says "Device added", then "Device Removed" then "Device Added" again (if it doesnt show removed and only shows added once, it doesnt matter). Also, when you use the PDA button for recovery, it should end with "Leaving CS" or something like that.
7) If everything until now is done properly, we can proceed to the easy part. Click Start
8) It will probably take a few seconds, then end at "Res OK" and RESET in the button a little above ID COM. Remove your device from the computer now
9) Now, we have to turn off the device using the power button. Just hold it and it will turn off. Once it does, you have to get into Recovery Mode. To do so, press Home button, Volume UP button and Power button all at once. Then a screen with a few options should show, and Team Win Recovery Project (if you used TWRP) should be above (if you have flashed it correctly)

Of course, if you have installed custom recovery earlier, there is no need to do all these above instructions.

Now, in recovery mode, simply click Install. Then, you will see a list on the left side. Scroll down, and select external sd card, and navigate to the android armeabi file (make sure you haven't decompressed it (unzipped it, i mean). Then, TWRP will install this to your system and you can reboot into normal mode. Download SuperSU from Play Store (preferably ClockWorkMod) and open it. Update your binaries if it asks you to.

To verify, download "Root Checker" from Play Store. By the way, install SuperSU and allow it to grant permissions to Root Checker before you try verification.
If it says Yes, which it should, then you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (WiFi) SM - T210 and installed recovery on it.
If it says No, please comment below, or check the permissions for Root Checker from SuperSU.

After rooting, the SECOND app to be installed after rooting is "Freedom" available at in-appstore.com. All information is provided there. And, i say second app, because the first is SuperSU.
Also, you can install SD Boosters, Speed Boosters, Recovery tools, Market Place (to download incompatible apps), and a lot more applications. Just Google it up bro (or sis). :D :highfive:

links *devs, please dont remove these, it is to help everyone who needs it*

TWRP Recovery:- mediafire.com/download/2nd2k20d608pazn/TWRP_recovery.tar.md5.tar
Rooting Software :- mediafire.com/download/h9y42xki9d46mbo/android-armeabi-universal-root-signed.zip
Odin (3.07) :- mediafire.com/download/d42v2752e46glal/Odin307.zip
Samsung USB Drivers (certified, of course) :- mediafire.com/download/7on0q7axxa6qzgb/SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.exe
All the best peeps, im always available through email :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Jespert and jigspan

serphant

Feb 15, 2015
woul this work on android version 4.1.2? and what will be the remedy if i cant access the TWRT Recovery after the green pass?

Sent from my D2005 using XDA Free mobile app

Mar 2, 2014
Serphant, the green pass means that you have flashed the custom recovery to your device. To open TWRP recovery, press Home, Power and Volume Up Buttons together. It will work. Just hold them till the Samsung logo shows up.

Bright.Light

Jun 12, 2008
Didn't work... When rebooting normally, the TWRP recovery starts again.
Rebot-> Power down, then power up again will show the TWRP recovery too.
So, I cannot boot to the system!

Yes, I did exactly what you said, except for:
- Auto reset cannot be turned off in ODIN (It's greyed out)
- You did not mention that the android-armeabi file should be on the external card, so had to remove that one and put the file onto it. Thereafter I did install it correctly.

Reson is mentioned here: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-3/general/information-t210r-custom-recovery-t2884616
The recovery file is incorrect! So I installed the CWM v6.0.4.9.KK instead. That one does work!

Last edited:

RealWelder

Sep 17, 2014
Muncie, IN
Where is the file ''android armeabi'' to root the smt210 after I install twrp 3-0-0 ?
If you install TWRP 3.0 you can root it easily. Once TWRP boots it will ask you if you want to leave the system ro or if you want to make it rw. Make it rw. Then make a backup. (If storage space is an issue, you can select system partition only. System partition is 1.4gb) Once your backup is complete, it will pop up and say something like "It appears this device has no root, would you like to root it now?" Tell it yes and swipe to confirm. Then reboot system. You may have to open the SuperSUInstaller app and tell it to root or it will already have root and SuperSU installed. (I can't remember as I've used TWRP to root mutiple devices.) Last step is to update SuperSU app from the playstore, then open the new SuperSU and update binary.

Reactions: jigspan

biotaech

Jun 23, 2021
Hello,

I'm new to all of this and I rewrote your instructions just to see if I understood them before trying to root my tablet. Now I have a few questions.

1. Do you know if these downloads work on a Linux Ubuntu environment?

2. What does RESET mean in thecontext below? Is it "press RESET"? Or is it a message that I must simply visualize above the ID COM before removing the device?

"7) If everything until now is done properly, we can proceed to the easy part. Click Start
8) It will probably take a few seconds, then end at "Res OK" and RESET in the button a little above ID COM. Remove your device from the computer now"

3. What is comprised in the "above instructions" here? Is it all between steps 7)-9) (aka the "easy part") or... just... all?

"Of course, if you have installed custom recovery earlier, there is no need to do all these above instructions."

4. If I do everything correctly Root checker must show Yes upon opening, is that it?

"To verify, download "Root Checker" from Play Store. By the way, install SuperSU and allow it to grant permissions to Root Checker before you try verification. If it says Yes, which it should..."

Thanks a lot for sharing these steps! I hope to update this old tablet to a newer Android version, if that's possible.

I'll try to attach the way I re-wrote you instructions, if you check it out please let me know if you spot any mistakes.

Have an awesome day.

Attachments

• Rooting SM-T210.pdf
    93.6 KB · Views: 59

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Disclaimer:

Procedure:
    2) Open Odin.

Disclaimer:

Procedure:
    2) Open Odin.

links *devs, please dont remove these, it is to help everyone who needs it*

TWRP Recovery:- mediafire.com/download/2nd2k20d608pazn/TWRP_recovery.tar.md5.tar
    Rooting Software :- mediafire.com/download/h9y42xki9d46mbo/android-armeabi-universal-root-signed.zip
    Odin (3.07) :- mediafire.com/download/d42v2752e46glal/Odin307.zip
    Samsung USB Drivers (certified, of course) :- mediafire.com/download/7on0q7axxa6qzgb/SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.exe
    All the best peeps, im always available through email :D
    Where is the file ''android armeabi'' to root the smt210 after I install twrp 3-0-0 ?
    If you install TWRP 3.0 you can root it easily. Once TWRP boots it will ask you if you want to leave the system ro or if you want to make it rw. Make it rw. Then make a backup. (If storage space is an issue, you can select system partition only. System partition is 1.4gb) Once your backup is complete, it will pop up and say something like "It appears this device has no root, would you like to root it now?" Tell it yes and swipe to confirm. Then reboot system. You may have to open the SuperSUInstaller app and tell it to root or it will already have root and SuperSU installed. (I can't remember as I've used TWRP to root mutiple devices.) Last step is to update SuperSU app from the playstore, then open the new SuperSU and update binary.