Retrieve data from dead Nexus 4?

Search This thread

ryan770

Jun 17, 2013
Let me get this out of the way, I'm an idiot. There.

I didn't back up, wiped in recovery, my next rom flash failed. Nothing would work.
Okay so I download a toolkit, boot into fastboot (download mode or whatever) and do a factory stock reset.

Screen goes black. Phone is off. Won't power on. Won't boot into fastboot. Won't charge.

If I hold the power button for about 5 seconds the LED goes red for as long as I hold it.
Kept it on charger all night just in case. Now it blinks red when I hold the power button.

I'm at a loss. All I want is my internal storage. I have so much I need back.

Any advice?

Kael710

Mar 29, 2013

I didn't back up, wiped in recovery, my next rom flash failed. Nothing would work.
Okay so I download a toolkit, boot into fastboot (download mode or whatever) and do a factory stock reset.

Screen goes black. Phone is off. Won't power on. Won't boot into fastboot. Won't charge.

If I hold the power button for about 5 seconds the LED goes red for as long as I hold it.
Kept it on charger all night just in case. Now it blinks red when I hold the power button.

Any advice?

it's not completely dead, it can be fixed... http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/general/final-fix-nexus-4-red-light-death-t2250454

Reactions: ryan770

ryan770

Jun 17, 2013
Thanks, will try that. Also just ordered a new battery in case mine has just died.

But my biggest thing is I couldn't care less about the phone, if I do get it to work, I have no rom in my storage to flash except Rastakat which is what kept failing in the latest TWRP. If I use a toolkit to flash to stock, it's going to wipe my internal storage and I've lost everything anyway.

Wish I'd used a cloud service to keep everything backed up but I have a cap on my mobile data and my actual internet at home.

Anyway, for the time being it's still plugged up and the red light will come on and blink at certain intervals but then stay off mostly. From what I've gathered it's a conflict with battery and motherboard so hopefully I'm on the right track and can figure something out.

Kael710

Mar 29, 2013
Thanks, will try that. Also just ordered a new battery in case mine has just died.

But my biggest thing is I couldn't care less about the phone, if I do get it to work, I have no rom in my storage to flash except Rastakat which is what kept failing in the latest TWRP. If I use a toolkit to flash to stock, it's going to wipe my internal storage and I've lost everything anyway.

Wish I'd used a cloud service to keep everything backed up but I have a cap on my mobile data and my actual internet at home.

Anyway, for the time being it's still plugged up and the red light will come on and blink at certain intervals but then stay off mostly. From what I've gathered it's a conflict with battery and motherboard so hopefully I'm on the right track and can figure something out.

Maybe its possible to flash something through usb with TWRP?

btw you should try this trick first, see if that helps right away :)
http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/general/final-fix-nexus-4-red-light-death-t2250454/post43291951

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Any advice?

it's not completely dead, it can be fixed... http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/general/final-fix-nexus-4-red-light-death-t2250454