[ROM][SGH-I777][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD

Search This thread

tmckenn2

Nov 9, 2010
Yea Devs or other's who do programming are the only ones who know conventions and how frustrating it is when they arent followed. even i when i first got started in programming had a blatant disregard for how things should be... but the first code review i did... things changed bc trying to understand someone elses chopped up code is tough. that is why that wont fly with CM... there are just too many people working on it to be sloppy

anyways i feel that the devs shot themselves in the foot by attempting to appease people. if they had doe the change in nightly 20. and said do a full wipe and deal... then people would have to adjust... bu the recent nightlies they are trying to fix it and it is causing more trouble than its worth

thracemerin

Oct 19, 2011
Toronto
Yea Devs or other's who do programming are the only ones who know conventions and how frustrating it is when they arent followed. even i when i first got started in programming had a blatant disregard for how things should be... but the first code review i did... things changed bc trying to understand someone elses chopped up code is tough. that is why that wont fly with CM... there are just too many people working on it to be sloppy

anyways i feel that the devs shot themselves in the foot by attempting to appease people. if they had doe the change in nightly 20. and said do a full wipe and deal... then people would have to adjust... bu the recent nightlies they are trying to fix it and it is causing more trouble than its worth

There was the issue where if internal was emmc and external was sdcard and you had no external card inserted then the camera and gallery bugged out which had to be fixed, the rest of the changes could have been avoided by ignoring the crying.

thracemerin

Oct 19, 2011
Toronto
emmc is now the internal sdcard again, sdcard is now the external sdcard... was it not the reverse in the previous nightly?

Not to my knowledge, there is a possibility it was due to this change if you did a full wipe http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/14960/ this was to deal with the issue of people not having an external card installed.

Edit: I'll certainly give you that the initial change, plus the various adjustments have been a confusing mess, but the initial change wasn't reverted just adjusted a number of times in a confusing way.

TheDude

Dec 10, 2010
Nixa, MO
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Not to my knowledge, there is a possibility it was due to this change if you did a full wipe http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/14960/ this was to deal with the issue of people not having an external card installed.

Edit: I'll certainly give you that the initial change, plus the various adjustments have been a confusing mess, but the initial change wasn't reverted just adjusted a number of times in a confusing way.

I might be off on this... It has kinda been a mess. But still, I do not recall the external sdcard ever catching cache data on cm7 from any app.?

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Are you saying that a full wipe will resolve these issues?

thracemerin

Oct 19, 2011
Toronto
I might be off on this... It has kinda been a mess. But still, I do not recall the external sdcard ever catching cache data on cm7 from any app.?

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

I think you're right about CM7 but it's been a while, I also remember seeing that CM7 wasn't using the CM standard mount points either, so I'm honestly not sure.

A full wipe may help you solve some of your problems, just don't restore app data with TB since it will restore the wrong path information.

tmckenn2

Nov 9, 2010

im saying that the only people who give two poops about the storage change are those who are already running the rom. a guy off the street could flash this and he wouldnt know that this had ever happened... why because he is going to have to redo all of the things you normally do when you flash a rom. like restore apps and move things around and reenter the passwords... i dont think it is that hard for one of us to do that once... just start over like it never happened.

im going to be honest, and maybe i shouldnt be saying this. but all the moaning about stuff when this rom first got released made me angry... then i turned tolerant and then frustrated... now im just tired. sad thing is i know it will never change because the second everyone on the forum figures out how things work and searches for things.... there is the new guy who starts it all over again. probably why we dont see the devs posting so much in this forum... they are just tired

thracemerin

Oct 19, 2011
Toronto
im saying that the only people who give two poops about the storage change are those who are already running the rom. a guy off the street could flash this and he wouldnt know that this had ever happened... why because he is going to have to redo all of the things you normally do when you flash a rom. like restore apps and move things around and reenter the passwords... i dont think it is that hard for one of us to do that once... just start over like it never happened.

im going to be honest, and maybe i shouldnt be saying this. but all the moaning about stuff when this rom first got released made me angry... then i turned tolerant and then frustrated... now im just tired. sad thing is i know it will never change because the second everyone on the forum figures out how things work and searches for things.... there is the new guy who starts it all over again. probably why we dont see the devs posting so much in this forum... they are just tired

You thing this topic is bad? the GT-I9100 one is about 100x worse and codeworkx actually posts in that one from time to time.

For my part I'm really trying to help, but there is so much confusing/misleading/incorrect info around it's hard to even tell if I'm doing it right anymore. :)

mgd76

Feb 23, 2012
Foxborough, MA
I was also worried about how I was going to manage my storage/memory. I guess I can "let it go" for now, because my phone has never worked better. Thanks devs!

PS. I don't do much music, and pictures that aren't the creme de la creme get deleted quick. So, I guess I don't need to manage memory, I've got about 90% free, internal and external...

Last edited:
R

redherring79

For what it's worth, I was having problems with 4/19 and 4/20. Rdio and Google Music were installing data to my sdcard and trying to find everything there. I did a full wipe (and complete format) and installed 4/21 and updated to 4/22 this morning. I'm not having any problems with any of my apps anymore. The only thing I have to remember is that in recovery, sdcard refers to the actual sdcard, like it should. So to install from/backup to internal storage, you have to use that instead of sdcard. Otherwise, all is well. Nothing has touched my sdcard in the past two days and it remains empty (I cleared it after the problems and am waiting to make sure things stay settled before I put things back on).

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

keving9012

Oct 22, 2011
I have been having some trouble updating to CM9. I was at CM7, then went to ICScrewd for a little while. Now, when I try to install CM9 through CWM I get a build prop error and installation aborts. I've looked back in the discussion and have seen this mentioned before. I've tried to unzip the CM9 install and then use Notepad++ to edit the buildprop and replace i777 with SGH-I777. I chose to put SGH-I777 because that is what my Model number is listed as in my "about phone". Once I change that and rezip with 7zip and try to install, my phone just aborts the install immediately. I have a stock bootloader because the USB jig still works. I've tried to leave as detailed a description as possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot

apanihi

Oct 7, 2011
Los Angeles
On gb, I was -100 across the board.but now I can get only -50. On siyah I can get -75, but my phone doesn't like siyah too much.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

That's awesome. I just upgraded to 4/22 and Siyah 3.1rc5. Fixing Wi-Fi first, I'll see if I can go lower.

UPDATE:

Cool I can do -75 now :)

Sent from SGH-I777 using CyanogenMod 9

Last edited:

thracemerin

Oct 19, 2011
Toronto
It was reverted yesterday on 04/21. I went from 04/17 to 04/21 yesterday and had nothing change at all.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

This is splitting hairs on what a revert is, you are correct that the functionality doesn't change anymore because they made the old functionality the default, a full revert would mean that those who changed the mounts around or went from one where they were changed to the 4/22 build without wiping would cause it to switch back, it does not.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/CyanogenMod9:GT-I9100:Nightly:Known_issues (All the same issues as GT-I9100 as almost all the code is the same - so pointing to the GT-I9100)

THE CM-TEAM DOESN'T ACCEPT BUG REPORTS OR FEATURE REQUESTS ON NIGHTLY BUILDS!
    A MISSING FEATURE IS NOT A BUG!!!

FAQs: Same as the GT-I9100 -- essentially the same code.
    FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions
    SPECIAL XDA NOOB FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:XDA_Asked_Questions

First time installing CyanogenMod 9 to your AT&T Galaxy S II (SGH-I777), or coming from another ROM:
    - READ FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions
    - Make sure you're running SGH-I777 bootloaders only (only the ones that are specifically released for the SGH-I777 -- official Gingerbread bootloaders work fine!) and a proper working CWM like the one from CM7
    - Copy GApps and CM9 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Flash GApps zip
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your calendar sync will not work)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore Apps using Titanium Backup!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9:
    - Copy CM9 ZIP to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Wipe cache partition and dalvik-cache
    - Reboot

STOP!!!
    Did you read THIS POST fully, the FAQs and KNOWN ISSUES?

No
    DO IT or leave this thread immediately.
    If you download anyway and start asking already answered or dumb questions, you'll get flamed.
    This is fully YOUR OWN FAULT then!

Yes
    Here's the download link for you.

Nightly builds can be found at ROM-Manager or at:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=i777

Google Apps:
    Get the latest Version from: http://goo-inside.me/gapps

CWM flashable Modems:
    UCLC2
    UCKK6
    UCKJ4
    UCKH7

Changelogs:
    http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=i777
    http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=galaxys2 -- mostly shared by the i777

Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?randomnick=1&channels=teamhacksung-support&uio=d4

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

Thread for Developers only(!!!):
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1568852

AdamG-, atinm, codeworkx, coolya, Entropy512, guiper, nebkat, Unhelpful, xplodwild, teamhacksung, the cyanogenmod-team.

9XWih.png
    NLXAX.png
    LBnUm.png
    nQpJD.png
    What I don't quite get is why there are nightly builds of this ROM but no fix yet to the audio bug.

Overall it is a pretty sweet ROM, and compared to the leaked ATT ICS ROM it kicks ass. The att rom is a bugging bloat ridden piece of crap.

The audio bug impacts the ROM as a daily driver, so much works right about the ROM but this bug in particular makes it a pain to use. Being able to receive a text while listening to streaming music and receiving a notification and have the music return to the previous sound level just does not seem like too much to ask.
    Because this "bug" hasn't impacted any developers and we've got a ton of other things to fix.

ICS KERNEL SOURCE HAS ONLY BEEN OUT THREE WEEKS.

IT HAD FUNDAMENTAL STABILITY BUGS WE DIDN'T FIND FIXES FOR UNTIL DAYS AGO.

THIS WEEKEND IS EASTER AND SOME OF US HAD HOLIDAY PREP TO DO LAST WEEK. WE HAVE OUR OWN LIVES YOU KNOW!

WE DON'T EXIST TO SERVE YOU.

Submit a fix to gerrit or stop *****ing and wait!
    codeworkx's tree is untested - it keeps derping. Looks like I'll have to temporarily rip out NFC.

It's 1:35 AM, I'm about to go to bed regardless of whether it builds or not.
    TriangleAway can be used on ICS to reset the flash counter.

Video recording upgrades are not merged in yet - it's in progress. No ETAs, but it's close. Don't ask when, of course - there are many reasons why a patch that works on our device will get rejected until rewritten in a way that doesn't break other devices.

A major dock audio cleanup by StevenHarperUK is in progress. It's working on my device now, so it's a matter of getting through code review.

I submitted a new kernel to gerrit that fixes stability issues when changing cpufreq min/max limits (e.g. fixes SetCPU profiles).

I'm going to hop over to TW-land for a while to do some stuff, then I think I might play with NFC.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    Great. So 4/20 ****S **** UP AGAIN!

More mount point changes? Now all my gameloft apps that I JUST fixed last night are redownloading app data again. Same with my dropbox, as well as my spotify AGAIN.

Why are they doing this!!!??? THIS IS 2 TIMES I'M gonna have to RESTORE to get my **** right again. I mean, I get the first swap of mount points. It was needed to match other devices, but it's royally screwed my device. AGAIN!

Maybe some warning in PLAIN ENGLISH is in order. I'm about to give up on CM9.

get lost. your post is ridiculous. is this your rom? did you take any part in the development of this rom? NO and NO!!! how do you have any right to ***** or complain about something that you have NOTHING to do with? YOU DON'T! if you don't like it, FIX IT YOURSELF and submit it to gerritt and see if your changes get merged. either do something about it yourself or switch to a different rom. its that easy. no one forced you to use this rom. your post doesn't get you any closer to your solution so i'm not quite sure why you even posted this bull**** other then to complain about something that you have no right or control over. think about it.