[ROM][4.2.2/4.3/4.4]T.V- PAC of ICE Odexed/PAC 4.3 Tweaked/ 4.4 Alphas 3/7

Search This thread

sleshepic

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 18, 2011
PA
Dope!!! Have one question tho, will this botch my sd card like the other pac? I know 4.2.2 is an upgrade just wondering.

Just to clarify for people, we're referring to the internal SD being renamed to "0", it is fixable with the zip, and doesn't actually "botch" anything, all files and files structures are left intact in sdcard, just under "0"

Reactions: BigRitz

jayare313

Jun 15, 2010
Detroit , Mi.
Last edited:

sleshepic

Oct 18, 2011
PA
Hows the volume in call?
Can anyone confirm gps works with lte?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Can tonight when I get off, but won't be til like 9.
I go through a patch on the way home and it gives out right when I pull onto then home stretch :thumbdown:

BigRitz

Apr 30, 2011
Carson Cty , NV
Just to clarify for people, we're referring to the internal SD being renamed to "0", it is fixable with the zip, and doesn't actually "botch" anything, all files and files structures are left intact in sdcard, just under "0"

Sorry if botch was the wrong word , what I am really concerned about is my backups were all gone and never figured out how to get them back or working , after I flashed the fix all my pics and gallery were back but no backups.

Skripka

Dec 17, 2011
Postulo forklift ad portandum iste
Hows the volume in call?
Can anyone confirm gps works with lte?

Edit: nevermind...I see the answer in the op on the team's site.

Can tonight when I get off, but won't be til like 9.
I go through a patch on the way home and it gives out right when I pull onto then home stretch :thumbdown:

Call volume and gps seem fine here.
Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: jayare313

sleshepic

Oct 18, 2011
PA
Sorry if botch was the wrong word , what I am really concerned about is my backups were all gone and never figured out how to get them back or working , after I flashed the fix all my pics and gallery were back but no backups.

Nah its cool, just didn't want misinformation to spread about aosp flashing 4.2+. Its a little bit of a pain but manageable as long as you know what's going on.
One thing I did read somewhere that I need to test, is that nandroids made WHILE ON 4.2+ are shaky with twrp (no probs apparently from other nanadroids made prior. Just ones made with twrp while on 4.2+)
Not sure though, haven't needed to yet

JBizzleFoSho

Jan 4, 2011
Google Now is telling me that I need to update. I would assume that doing so through fail. Could I just use the apk/instructions from this forum

xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=16925922

This is awesome! Thanks so much!

sleshepic

Oct 18, 2011
PA
Google Now is telling me that I need to update. I would assume that doing so through fail. Could I just use the apk/instructions from this forum

xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=16925922

This is awesome! Thanks so much!

It might not fail, just would lose theming. And that's annoying, spent all this time updating all the apps, one always pops up

Last edited:

JBizzleFoSho

Jan 4, 2011
It might not fail, just would lose theming. And that's annoying, spent all this time updating all the apps, one always pops up

I just tried and it told me that it the package wasn't signed correctly.

I'll ignore it for now. I like your theming of Google Now way more than the one in the thread I linked.

aheeejd

Looking good to me. Runs great.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367357998758.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367357998758.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 283
  • uploadfromtaptalk1367358007088.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367358007088.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 282
Reactions: sleshepic

jayare313

Jun 15, 2010
Detroit , Mi.
Yes! GPS locks with LTE on! So far so good.

Update: Only bug I've experienced off the back is a normal aosp bug. Gallery FC if you touch to focus while taking photos. Its fine if you snap the pic without touching.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367361078061.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367361078061.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Reactions: sleshepic
This is aosp so I doubt it
Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Ya I see that sorry for ignorance on aosp never really read on it but learning so far its pretty neat loving it so far awesome job slesh... Just going to take some time to figure out

Rockin it from my Macknote2

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Another stupid questions
How do you get a email client other than gmail

Rockin it from my Macknote2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Venum Presents
    PAC_of_ICE_Banner.png

4.4 Builds Bottom of OP

All the Features of PA, AOKP, CM,
    Odexed, Tweaked, Repackaged, and put on ICE

-PAC in Black Built from Source / Team Baked Inverted Gapps package (updated/re-themed)
    -Plain PAC built from PAC Sauces, and use Slim Gapps(newest build)
    -Matrix Kernel - Been running Awesome. Huge thanks to Ffolkes for his work. (and AndreiLux!)
    -Odexed apps and framework -
    -Tweaked for speed and battery (Awesome Smoothness/Battery)
    -Updated and included Gapps
    -Redone with Venum Ice theming/layout changes(PAC of ICE only)
    -Original Ringtones/Notifications(up for requests)(PAC of ICE only)
    -Much More - Find Out

CREDITS/THANKS
    -All the PACman Devs - Thank Them!
    -Team CM, Aokp, and PA - Thank Them!
    -Ffolkes - Huge thanks, kernel runs great
    -Sniper - Thank Him! This wouldn't have happened without him
    -Team Baked - great inverted apps
    -Avatar and MiguelHogue for Testing
    -CM wiki and everyone that's posted a Build guide. Thank you!

Screenshots
    dialer.png

pulldown.png

app_drawer.png

market.png

settings_1.png

volumes.png

about_phone.png

Install Instructions
    -Download Rom and Transfer to Sdcard, and boot in to Recovery (CWM, or TWRP has worked fine for me)
    -Perform Full wipe (System, data/factory reset, cache, dalvik)
    -Flash Rom, Reboot
    -Enjoy

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS FOR 10.2 ALPHAS ARE DIFFERENT
    Follow them as directed at bottom of Team Site OP

What Works/Bugs
    -Anything with CM10.1 / 10.2 (Play Store only works on Wifi or 4G)
    -you tell me(within reason, search first), everything runs great

Things to Note
    -After Flashing your External Sdcard will be renamed sdcard1, and your Internal will be emulated at /0.
    This is normal and happens on all 4.2+ Roms, and is a part of Googles new Multi-User Functionality. What is not supposed to happen is /0/0/0
    after repeated flashing, so Upgrade your TWRP to the latest and you won't have the /0 progression. If on the Rom go to Goo Manager and hit menu,
    Then Select "Install OpenRecoveryScript". It will download and install your new Twrp
    -ExFat Formatted SdCards are not supported, fat32 is HIGHLY recommended

-If you would like to downgrade to 4.1.2 and be rid of the new emulated partition, use this zip kindly provided by Slick Rick. Thanks Rick!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=37289128

-A few apps are not themed correctly until the hybrid settings are reset, mainly Gmail and Talk. Go to Settings, Hybrid Properties, apps, then change Gmail and Talk back to a 360dp layout. Clock also begins blue, that can be changed easily in Settings, Rom Control, Clock

Downloads

Head over to The Team Site for Download Links
    http://www.teamvenum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1931

This Rom was built from Source, I built the base from these sources for 1.0 and 1.1
    https://github.com/PACinBlack/android

and these for Plain PAC
    https://github.com/PAC-man/android

Huge thanks to Sniper!

FAQ:
    Big Thanks to MiguelHogue

1) How is this ROM different from the other versions of PACMAN?
    -This ROM is fully odexed, tweaked for speed, battery, built from source , and newly inverted rethemed GAPPS which are included in the ROM

2)Do I need to flash GAPPS?
    -No they are included in the ROM.

3) How do I turn off Pie?
    -Go to System Settings>Pie settings>Trigger Area>Set to NONE

4)Why does my clock, battery, and signal bars change colors within certain Apps?
    -Go to System Setting>Hybrid Properties> *Swipe to the RIGHT*> Click Interface> Uncheck “Enable per App color” (you will be prompted to reboot)
    -Gmail app is not themed until layout is set back to 360p in "Hybrid Settings" in Settings. after clicking on Hybrid Settings swipe to the right and click on "apps". There are the individual app settings.
    If the app looks dif than you want change it!

5) Why doesn’t my MMS work?
    -MMS Is a hit or miss for some on AOSP(been working fine for me)…Make sure your data/Roaming settings are right in Settings/More/Mobile Networks

6)Can we get the Snote & Multiwindows?
    -NO..this is for touch wiz ONLY….Search for the App “Write” in the Playstore as a Snote Alternative. There are Others As well
    -Camera can be touchy at times as well. Will work fine, then sometimes get an FC.

7) Is GPS working?…4G With GPS?..Is the Data fine?
    -Yes, yes, and yes…If yours is not working fine try Updating PRL/Profile on touch wiz and reflash/restore this ROM..

8) Whats going on with my SD Card? Im lost!
    -SDCard0>0>Is now your internal memory….SDCard1 is now your external memory card (all is fine nothing is lost)….A Restore SD Card Zip is provided here if you want to go back to Touch wiz (insert link here)

9)I Have this weird issue…..help?
    -Be specific as possible…Did you do a dirty or clean install?…Are you using TWRP or CWM? What where you doing before the issue occurred….Information does help…Just saying something doesn’t work is not beneficial and a waste of space.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4.4.2 Alpha Builds - Unofficials

Procedure

-Download Rom (links below)
    -Download 4.4.2 Gapps Package (I suggest the Slim Team's Slim Gapps as it is Dark Switch Compat. Thanks to Slim team!)
    http://slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/dlsearch/viewcategory/1150-addons4-4
    -Boot to Recovery (CWM, or Philz)
    -Full Wipe (wipe Data/Factory reset, Wipe /system, wipe cache partition, Wipe Dalvik cache
    -Flash PAC Rom Zip
    -Flash Gapps Package
    -Reboot
    -Enjoy PAC Rom after initial setup, and giving a lil time to sit and sync etc, for good meaure

PAC Alpha Build 3/7
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407576899

-to pair Bluetooth headsets, long press button to force pairing while phone is searching for devices. Mine then popped right up

-Slim Gapps Package link (to be flashed after Rom Flash)
    http://slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/dlsearch/viewcategory/1150-addons4-4
    Have a couple treats in store to Upload.
    I've finished Odexing, tweaking, and repackaging PAC but haven't themed it yet into PAC of ICE, it runs awesome and all and I'm sure many people change the theme with theme chooser anyway so until I make it into PAC of ICE im gonna release it as PAC of Plain ICE. All thanks goes to the PAC team, the CM team, the PA team, AOKP, Sbrissen, Slick Rick etc. All i did with this version was build it, and odex and tweak it a bit, more ICE to come though.

And...

I'll be Uploading my build of SlimRom as well, will start a new thread, camera and everything is working, right now it's looking like it'll only be about 150 megs, amazing. Thanks to Slim Team!

EDIT: PAC of Plain ICE has been posted in team site OP. now on to Slim. Both runnin so smooth
    This is not to anyone specific, but has to be said. it's either getting this out, or stopping all builds,
    If I'm gonna do this for free, just be patient and wait for a build, or move on. I don't even need a "bump" in the form of a request for a new build

just to put things in perspective between Slim, PAC of Ice and PAC alone I've put out multiple kernels, and over 70+ nightlies/weeklies, pretty much all odexed, and packaged, which takes TIME, attention and effort. this isn't some hit enter and walk away operation. for every build I put out it's safe to say 2 other builds were attempted or run. Hours of time
    and say....30 hours of work done on my Ice rom on top

Now, since May I've gotten $34 in Donations, from 3 people, and paid $80 to keep servers going etc.
    So since May(just to pick a day) I'm 46 bucks in the negative, had TONS of DL's, Put out TONS of work, and only keep getting requests as if nothing has been done

wonder why I/we do it?

so do i sometimes

so give me a break. builds will come as they come. deal with it.

if you want rushed, here's rushed. A clean Pac build that you'd get from anyone else.
    just built and uploaded, no odex, no package, no tweaks etc
    make sure you flash latest gapps after, don't ask for a link

cm-10.2-20131031-UNOFFICIAL-l900.zip - 171.85 MB

I'm not bitter, not angry, just need to expose XDA users to the reasons why people get up and disappear, it's not a myth. Users are Users

enjoy and have a good night
    New Build is Up
    Enjoy
    Build 1.8
    Odexed and latest Slim Gapps included

http://www.teamvenum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1931&p=7656#p7656

Bottom of OP
    Building right from PAC Man sources now, they have the new theme switch in settings. Hoping to have an "Ice Switch" :good: