Video Starts Recording Immediately Annoyance

Search This thread

lexluthor

Feb 7, 2007
No one is bothered that video stats recording immediately as soon as you switch to video mode in the camera app?

Sometimes I like to load up video mode, set the zoom and wait for whatever is going on in front of me to start before I start recording.

Can't do that with this phone. As soon as I click video it starts recording. I can hit pause, set the zoom and wait, but I still have a couple of second of unwanted video at the start.

Am I missing something? Why in the world would they have designed it this way?

Retarded Timing

Sep 12, 2012
I think of it as always being in both camera and camcorder standby. They basically removed an unnecessary step so you can grab the action faster. You can zoom prior to hitting the video (record) button.

Last edited:

lexluthor

Feb 7, 2007
I think of it as always being in both camera and camcorder standby. They basically removed an unnecessary step so you can grab the action faster. You can zoom prior to hitting the video (record) button.

I see,I guess just think of the video button as the record button. I didn't know zoom would hold when doing that, but it does. That should be fine then.

Flash also seems to come on in video mode if it's set to auto and not enough light. Not sure you ever want flash on with video though?