[Q] Possible to port FireFox OS?

Search This thread

ChadMan097

Jun 9, 2012
Pittsburg
I have been looking into Firefox OS and it looks pretty cool! I was just wondering if there is any way I can port FireFox OS to the HTC One XL and other devices? What changes would need to be made and how difficult would it be? It seems as if it is built on top of android though. Thanks guys!

Irwenzhao

Nov 23, 2013
Singapore
I have been looking into Firefox OS and it looks pretty cool! I was just wondering if there is any way I can port FireFox OS to the HTC One XL and other devices? What changes would need to be made and how difficult would it be? It seems as if it is built on top of android though. Thanks guys!

It's based on HTML if I'm not wrong...

Happy New Year!
Smack that thanks button if I helped!
Note 2 LTE powered by Illusion ROM and Plasma Kernel.
Sent from dat small country called Singapore.
P.S. replies with quotes will be replied to faster.

ChadMan097

Jun 9, 2012
Pittsburg
It's based on HTML if I'm not wrong...

Happy New Year!

Yes, its built with HTML and Java, but the thing is they seem to state android is able to be built in the core of things. Either way, if it is HTMl based it wouldnt work then?

Irwenzhao

Nov 23, 2013
Singapore
Yes, its built with HTML and Java, but the thing is they seem to state android is able to be built in the core of things. Either way, if it is HTMl based it wouldnt work then?

I remember reading somewhere that Firefox OS is browser based, so I don't think so. (Unless u want to run it in your browser)

P.S. I'm not sure what the kernel it's based on.