Lancher7 is perfect

Search This thread

jbyard

Jun 6, 2012
Agree, but I do find myself wasting a lot of time making transparent white icons for all my apps.

Sent from my NOOK using xda premium

_Boondock_

Apr 28, 2011
Thanks! Hadn't heard of this before. Definitely like it for my Nook Simple Touch.
Took a little time to tweak the font colors, tile pictures, etc. But I now have a simple clean interface with only a handful of tiles: Amazon Kindle, Nook Library, FBReader, Gmail, Amazon Appstore, and Android Market.

rtoussaint

Oct 17, 2005
Great tip! I bought Launcher 7 back in the day, but haven't used it in ages. Comes in really handy now. For those who want it: you get a free version in the market.

This is what I did with it (for now).

Attachments

• IMG_20120730_184228.jpg
    IMG_20120730_184228.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 2,624
Reactions: tmz83

zecoj

May 12, 2006
Melbourne
zecoj.com
my take

Here's my take of Launcher7 :D (it's a working clock widget on top-right)

Attachments

• IMG_1434.JPG
    IMG_1434.JPG
    190.4 KB · Views: 2,349
  • IMG_1435.JPG
    IMG_1435.JPG
    191.4 KB · Views: 2,025
  • IMG_1436.JPG
    IMG_1436.JPG
    226 KB · Views: 1,874
Reactions: myself11

Rafsen

Jun 16, 2012
Let's say u leave your Nook in a sleep mode for a night (~12hours). How much battery %% it will drain?

zecoj

May 12, 2006
Melbourne
zecoj.com
Wow looks great. What is the name of that clock widget? And what about icon?
Clock: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=br.com.letsbora.minimalclocklite
Icons: http://yankoa.deviantart.com/art/MetroStation-183210118

Have fun.

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Let's say u leave your Nook in a sleep mode for a night (~12hours). How much battery %% it will drain?
Based on my observation, around 1-2% with wifi off.

RedheadTarn

Aug 24, 2011
Colorado Springs
I am currently using ADW, and I would like to try Launcher 7, but I cant seem to find Launcher 7 on my nook... When using the search market app, I can find all sorts of themes for go launcher but not launcher 7. I can find it when searching on my laptop. does this have to be sideloaded? Or can you get it through the market on the nook when connected wirelessly?

EDIT: Got it downloaded with some file juggling, seems ok so far...

Last edited:

tokyostomp

Dec 3, 2011
so how can i set launcher7 as my default home? i try after pressing N and i only have the option for relaunch or [nook] home.

ideally i'd like tiles in this order (all 1x1)

-------------------------------------------------
| |
[Nook]Home | Library |
| |
----------------------------------------------------
| |
Glowlight | Search |
| |
----------------------------------------------------
| |
Relaunch | Settings |
| |
-----------------------------------------------------

however i cannot seem to add a tile for [Nook] Home, or make launcher7 the default home app

CapUSBHelp

Feb 24, 2012
two more questions

Hi, Launcher7 looks really cool so I am trying it out.

Ran into two problems:

1- I can't seem to change the tile icons (from the ones that some generous users linked). I try to change the picture from 'image on sdcard' but my gallery is blank. How do I add the PNG files so that they show up in the gallery?

2- Is there a way to create a tile that simulates the upper left (book) button on the nook-status bar? (The button that brings you back to the page book you last read). I think it would be awesome to have a large tile just for that button, since I only read one book at a time.

Thanks for any help!

rangeoshun

Nov 30, 2010
1- I can't seem to change the tile icons (from the ones that some generous users linked). I try to change the picture from 'image on sdcard' but my gallery is blank. How do I add the PNG files so that they show up in the gallery?

You don't use gallery. I use Total Commander instead. Install it, then you'll be asked to choose the default app for the task, and choose the commander. Also you could use any other file manager.

2- Is there a way to create a tile that simulates the upper left (book) button on the nook-status bar? (The button that brings you back to the page book you last read). I think it would be awesome to have a large tile just for that button, since I only read one book at a time.

Yes, just choose the reader.apk as the app. I only guess it works (as the upper left), because I use CoolReader instead.

Cheers!

Top Liked Posts