[ROM][4.2.2] Chameleon OS [OFFICIAL][&Nightlies]

Search This thread

sagnam

Dec 1, 2007
In Settings -> System -> Status bar toggles -> Customize toggles position, Settings FC's if you you touch the "12 toggles placed above this line are active" separator.

As a request, can you make the separator adjustable to reduce or increase the number of toggles by multiples of 4?

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Actually the status bar can be themed via the theme manager. Here is a picture from my Kindle Fire with a MIUI theme applied for the status bar.

Also, how do you get more than just a brightness slider on the toggles page?

0xD34D

Feb 7, 2009
San Diego
In Settings -> System -> Status bar toggles -> Customize toggles position, Settings FC's if you you touch the "12 toggles placed above this line are active" separator.

That's something we can look into. Maybe add an up and a down button so it can be shifted up and down in multiples of 4 instead of just letting the user move it and then deal with how to re-position it if it's not on a multiple of 4 boundary.

As a request, can you make the separator adjustable to reduce or increase the number of toggles by multiples of 4?

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Also, how do you get more than just a brightness slider on the toggles page?

Touch the downward pointing triangle below the brightness slider. It will expand the panel to include all the volume sliders.

Last edited:
Reactions: sagnam

sagnam

Dec 1, 2007
On more bug. When highlighting text I always get a half green band at the top of the screen.

rps20130407_165623.jpg

A

AndroidSlave

May I mirror your builds on the Kindle Fire Torrent thread (see my signature)? It is setup on a very high speed seed box...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SV using Tapatalk 3

Vlasp

Mar 18, 2012
Plano, Texas
Some MIUI themes don't work with this rom. Plus, can you make more THEMES for this?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk HD

0xD34D

Feb 7, 2009
San Diego
Some MIUI themes don't work with this rom. Plus, can you make more THEMES for this?

I don't do themes dude. I write code and I'll stick to that. Spread the word to the theming community to get ChameleonOS and start creating native themes.

MIUI themes are hit and miss mostly because miui has a secondary framework resource apk and they do use some different names for some of the resources. I usually just use the icons and MMS elements from MIUI themes. Of course with the Kindle Fire you won't be using mms stuff but you get the idea. The theme engine allows you to mix and match stuff so play around with it a bit and customize your UI.

Hearnbiz

Jun 1, 2012
Palm Coast
If I may suggest, maybe some folks could post a link to themes that are confirmed to work on this Rom. I've tried a few to no avail so I'd personally find this helpful as I'm sure a few others might. :)

Sent from my PC36100

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

iofN5yAtlWHo7.png

Code:
    Disclaimer: Chameleon OS is currently in beta. While it runs very well,
    there may be things that are not completely functional. The development team is
    not responsible for any damage to your device or your information.
    opfeatures.gif

Launcher Features

· Folder icon styles: stacked, grid, or carousel
    · Folder sorting: alphabetically, reverse alphabetically, or by usage
    · Icon scaling in app drawer and on homescreen
    · Home screen previews, re-arrangable homescreens
    · Set default screen from previews layout
    · Add or remove homescreens from previews layout
    · Slide homescreens with a second finger while holding widgets and icons
    · Customizable gestures: slide up, slide down, pinch, and spread
    · Use only one homescreen or up to nine homescreens

Theme Manager

· Based on MIUI's theme engine
    · Mix and match different themes on the fly
    · Theme options: Icons, Status Bar, Boot animation, Font (requires reboot), Messaging, Framework, and Ringtones
    · Applies native ctz files, but also will apply MIUI mtz files, not all elements will theme properly with mtz packages
    · Animated boot animation preview
    · Boot animation resolution scaling

System UI

· Customizable toggles, compact or page view (or off)
    · Extended volume panel in page view toggles
    · Access status or navigation bars while in fullscreen apps by touching the edge of the screen
    · Circle memory meter in recents panel shows memory available and total memory
    · Enable the experimental Tablet UI on all devices

Messaging

· New UI design based on the new Google Hangouts application UI
    · Reads custom notification tones from Contacts
    · Revised layout: Added messaging bubbles, removed avatar icons from conversation and put one in the action bar, quick shortcut for emojis

Security

· Manage installed apps' permissions
    · Firewall included so you may now control which applications can use data / wifi.

...and more! See http://forums.chameleonos.org/threads/chameleonos-v0-8-release.387/ to find out more about what’s new in v0.8-beta

opscreenshots.gif

opscreens.png

More screenshots available on our website
    opdownloads.gif

You can get to all of our available ROMs by heading
    over to our ChameleonOS Downloads page.
    Also make sure to flash the latest gapps
    Frequently Asked Questions

--

Check out our homepage at ChameleonOS.org and our forums
    -
    Bug Tracker | Gerrit Review | GitHub

Code:
    We would like to thank CyanogenMod for giving us an easy foundation to develop
    ChaOS for mutiple devices

Those of you that used my Jandycane ROM know that I have not updated that in quite a while. Well, this is why. I've been working as the lead developer on ChameleonOS and the free time I have has been spent getting this project off the ground.

It's still in its infancy so there is more work to be done, but I have been using this on several devices including the Kindle Fire and I figured it was time to share it with the masses. I hope you guys enjoy it and at least give it a try, especially if you like to customize the look of your UI. I spent a lot of time getting the theme engine implemented and working so that people could mix and match themes.
    Can't wait to try it out! Looks Amazing!
    Can you give me the link to AOKP 4.2.2 for kindle fire please :D

There isn't one for the kindle fire right now, but I am working on porting it.

I flashed the rom and it looks great, nice work.

I then later flash gapps 4.2 to get the apps from the play store.

Hit first wall.

I cant get pass the joining a network to log into my google acount because the keypad for typing text is not popping up.
    Trying to join a network and the system can't get pass the wizard to join a network.

So I did a complete wipe and reflash the rom with the 4.2 gapps and still no joy.

What is the fix?

The problem with roms like ChaOS, PAC, Carbon, etc. is that there are so many options and customizations running, there is no RAM available, especially on our Kindles which only have 1/2 a gb. Basic apps like the keyboard and Browser quit because they can't run. I'd recommend either a GB rom or a KK rom, as they offer more RAM for our device.