[ROM] [02-Sep-13] Gionee E3 [MIUI] [v5 3.8.30]

Do you want me to port LeWa OS to GIONEE E3?

• Yes

Votes: 17 94.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

milav

Dec 5, 2010
Ahmedabad
So you are having same problem again as in xperia i think you should go to service centre
Mine is working superb

daemol

Feb 27, 2013
Uncity
@daemol I am having some problem after flashing this ROM after gionee logo my screen goes blank & i heard the boot audio & after some time screen comes back & after putting the password of wifi screen goes blank again.... pls provide the solution of dat problem.... before that i am on Stock Rom (Indian firmware).

Waiting 4 reply...

Thanks!!

Is this a repeated problem?

I just checked the ROM, bootaudio.mp3 file is a 0 byte file. Even I did not hear audio during booting.

So did you customize the ROM further? Even the stock ROM doesn't have boot audio, if I remember correctly.

Gauraav

Jul 23, 2013
New Delhi
Is this a repeated problem?

I just checked the ROM, bootaudio.mp3 file is a 0 byte file. Even I did not hear audio during booting.

So did you customize the ROM further? Even the stock ROM doesn't have boot audio, if I remember correctly.

No i did not customize the ROM further. When i flash this Rom after Gionee Logo screen is blank & after some time a heard a little sound & then i pull the battery & once again power on the device then again Gionee Logo screen is blank & this time i see a screen for a while & i enter a password of my wifi after that screen is blank again....

kingserpent

Oct 16, 2011
Delhi
Download the Mega app from playstore then click on this link. It will ask you if you want to import or download, I always import. :D

Sent from my E3 using Tapatalk 2

kingserpent

Oct 16, 2011
Delhi
Ok so I installed and everything is working fine. There was an issue with the icons of calendar which was fixed by changing the theme. And the thing that's pissing me off is that Titanium backup is not restoring my apps, it keeps on spinning. Anyways this is good I like it. :thumbsup:

Now dude can you work on the lewa port. I like it more than miui

Sent from my E3 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Gauraav

Jul 23, 2013
New Delhi
Camera Not Working for me...

Finallly this ROM working for me after replacing files which is mentioned on the first page... I did that coz i have different software ver installed by gionee(Stock ROM) but now my Camera is not working any fix for that @daemol ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction
    I have ported a version of MIUI from ZOPO C2 to Gionee Elife E3. This is an experiment and do NOT try to install this ROM unless you know what you are doing. I will NOT be responsible for any losses. You are encouraged to share feedback and make it better. This project can't be completed by me alone, hence need your support in development and optimization of the ROM.

Screenshots
    The ROM is fully functional and some screenshots are shown below:

home.png
    _
    contacts.png
    _
    freememory.png

How to install

You may follow the following procedure to flash this ROM.
    1. Make backup of whatever you care about
    2. Boot into CWM
    3. Format data/factory reset
    4. Update from ZIP
    5. Reboot

Known Issues

None with the ROM itself.

However with:
    • default theme: The calender and weather icon does not show up properly in the home screen. Fix is to use another theme.

Download

E3_3.8.30_nokernel.zip (361.2 MB)

This is based on the MIUI release on 30-Aug-2013.

https://mega.co.nz/#!9Rk0DZrD!SagagmNviGgJOc7-4RLEQnY4UzURqrDYG4jX4evUSDw

The download link does not contain boot.img. If you have a working ROM, then it should not be a problem. Otherwise try restoring boot from the nandroid backup using advanced restore.

Caution: I have not tested boot restore from backup on this ROM. It should work. I was using an old version of my ROM and the phone restarted without issues without boot.img flashed.​

Other Devices

This ROM works with QMobile Noir A900 as confirmed by @lalibm. You need to replace boot.img in the zip file with stock boot.img

How did I port this ROM

I took clues from MTK Firmware Adopter tool. The project file for MTK 6589 shows the files it will copy and replace from the stock ROM. I just copied the files which needed to be patched. In case some files are missing in your stock ROM, ignore it. It is not guaranteed to work 100%, but it is worth a try. I tried porting 3-4 ROMs with that method and all of them worked.

Another important thing. I unpacked the stock boot.img and edited init.rc . GIONEE uses their own framework to customize the OS. There are references to that framework in init.rc. I removed that. In fact, if you want to port LeWa, then you will have to replace those lines with lewa specific libraries.

The one attached in the uploaded ROM does not contain references to either lewa or gionee libraries.

Thanks to master back37 for the MTK Firmware Adapter Tool. Although I did not use the tool (linux :D), it gave me the idea on how to make the ROM.

Files to be replaced

system/lib/modules
    system/etc/firmware
    system/etc/apns-conf.xml
    system/etc/agps_profiles_conf.xml
    system/media/images
    system/media/bootanimation.zip
    system/media/shutanimation.zip
    system/lib/lib3a.so
    system/lib/liba3m.so
    system/lib/libfeatureio.so
    system/lib/libimageio.so
    system/lib/libja3m.so
    system/lib/libcam.camadapter.so
    system/lib/libcam.campipe.so
    system/lib/libcam.camshot.so
    system/lib/libcam.client.so
    system/lib/libcam.paramsmgr.so
    system/lib/libcam.utils.so
    system/lib/libcam_camera_exif.so
    system/lib/libcamalgo.so
    system/lib/libcamdrv.so
    system/lib/libcamera_client.so
    system/lib/libcamera_metadata.so
    system/lib/libcameracustom.so
    system/lib/libcameraservice.so
    system/lib/libcustom_nvram.so
    system/lib/libgcomm_jni.so
    system/lib/libgn_camera_feature.so
    system/lib/libmtk_vt_client.so
    system/lib/libmtk_vt_service.so
    system/lib/libmtk_vt_swip.so
    system/lib/libwebcore.so
    system/etc/init.d
    system/lib/hw/camera.default.so
    system/lib/hw/hwcomposer.mt6589.so
    system/lib/hw/sensors.default.so
    system/etc/gps.conf
    system/etc/SuplRootCert
    system/xbin/mnld
    system/xbin/libmnlp_mt6628

Shortcut method to patch

I have made a zip file which contains all the above given zip files. You just need to extract the zip file and copy paste system folder into the target ROM's folder. Let the files in the attached files overwrite those in the respective folders.

You can use the boot.img from the MIUI ROM I have updated.

Tweak/Modify build.prop to suit your requirements.

ZIP File: http://d-h.st/OpZ

Future Development

I would request the users who download this ROM to report any issues they face. I will try to rectify those issues to the extent possible.

As far as the future development is concerned, I would like to develop the ROM using patchrom method suggested by MIUI Team, so that we get OTA updates :D :D

Please find the code and guide: https://github.com/MiCode/patchrom

Please select jellybean42-mtk branch and read Patchrom Developer Guide.pdf

Update:
    Now I don't need feel the need for patchrom, since this version is working perfectly for me. I would update this ROM every month, as opposed to every Friday update issued by Xiaomi.

Your help needed

I would request you to contribute to this effort. Please consider this thread as a development log and report all the issues you encounter and also describe how you resolved an issue you encountered.

Before you say TL;DR, I conclude. Thanks for reading.
    Does Anyone Have A Stock Recovery For This Phone, Im Gonna Claim Warranty, I Have The Orignal Rom CWM Backup, Jxt Need The Stock Recovery!!=))
    Thanks!!

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Does Anyone Have A Stock Recovery For This Phone, Im Gonna Claim Warranty, I Have The Orignal Rom CWM Backup, Jxt Need The Stock Recovery!!=))
    Thanks!!

Here is the link of that

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2392806
    hello, can you port miui 3.9.6 ?

Don't you think it is better to update the ROM once in a month rather than every week? Also, the chnagelog says that there are no significant features for international users.
    can we use this rom on QMobile A900/Life Play/Symphony w150/Gionee elife E3/General Mobile Discovery

Gionee Elife E3 - Yes
    Others - No idea
    Can i use this rom on my elife e5?
    or if you could port miui to e5, please reply...
    thanks in advace

I will try to port it to gionee e5, please help if possible for you to...