Gear Manager Update 1.5.120902

Search This thread

halfshark

Nov 12, 2010
I received the same update this morning, but it didnt touch the UK firmware I had installed on the Gear.
The one thing that is really irritating is that when I have more than 1 gmail email, the next time I get an email it will read "2 messages" and then it will only have the first few lines of each email.
Anyone have the same behavior???

supergadgetman

Nov 2, 2005
I just updated to 1.5.120601, it did a software update on my Gear too. But i was already in UAMK7. It wiped all my data too. Had to do it, otherwise it didn't want to pair my Gear with S4.

I'm on a note 2 with the leaked 4.3 Synergized rom. My gear is on the newest MK7 null_14 rom. When the gear manager update came in this morning on my note I was able to install it without wiping my gear. After it installed I clicked the restore button in manager so it can do the pairing but it kept getting stuck at 95% of the restore. (Kind of ironic that Samsung calls this a restore when it actually wipes the gear) I forced closed the manager and since I was already paired and connected before I started the update the gear manager didn't prompt me to restore the gear when I launched it again. It went right into the app without wiping my gear. Maybe this is a way to prevent the gear from wiping on every single gear manager build update. I see no reason why a wipe would be necessary anyway. Just a thought...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

dishun71

Dec 24, 2007
Gear Updated to 1.5.120601

After this update my speaker on the watch is Louder and Clearer on volume +6 !!! and i can actually use it to make phone calls Now !!!

Reactions: Caveman419

supergadgetman

Nov 2, 2005
After this update my speaker on the watch is Louder and Clearer on volume +6 !!! and i can actually use it to make phone calls Now !!!

Really?? That's interesting. What version rom did you have previously on your gear? And what version did it update to? Where you rooted of just full stock?

mhoepfin

Jan 9, 2006
Good they fixed the exchange issue, as that was all on the gear manager side anyway. Need to test the speaker to see if it's louder...

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Wow the speaker is much louder now!

skyline23

Oct 12, 2013
Saratoga
I'm on the UK rom and received the GM update last night. Is it confirmed that if you were on the stock US rom that your watch will be updated too?

supergadgetman

Nov 2, 2005
I'm on the UK rom and received the GM update last night. Is it confirmed that if you were on the stock US rom that your watch will be updated too?

That's what I'm guessing. We need one of the folks that got their gear updated to post their build number. I'm in the US but but installed the newer UK version also and I'm curious if the louder speaker is already a part of my mk7 rom. I Have nothing to compare it to since I put the uk rom on it as soon as I got it.

jealoussea

Dec 12, 2013
Update

I am really a newbie at this. Could someone please tell me where to download the UK file?

That's what I'm guessing. We need one of the folks that got their gear updated to post their build number. I'm in the US but but installed the newer UK version also and I'm curious if the louder speaker is already a part of my mk7 rom. I Have nothing to compare it to since I put the uk rom on it as soon as I got it.

supergadgetman

Nov 2, 2005
Calls ARE actually alot louder even without updating Gears firmware

I just made a call and can confirm that the in-call volume of the Gear is much louder after the Gear Manager update last night. The firmware on my gear was never updated since Im already on the UK version of MK7 so its a safe bet that whatever changes were made to make this volume increase was done in the call routing from the phone to the Gear. Kudos to Samsung. The low call volume was a real PITA.

supergadgetman

Nov 2, 2005
I just made a call and can confirm that the in-call volume of the Gear is much louder after the Gear Manager update last night. The firmware on my gear was never updated since Im already on the UK version of MK7 so its a safe bet that whatever changes were made to make this volume increase was done in the call routing from the phone to the Gear. Kudos to Samsung. The low call volume was a real PITA.

On second thought I'm not sure what gear manager has to do with call routing since you can use the gear bluetooth speaker function on any phone without even having gear manager installed. But I swear the in call volume is definitely louder. Can anyone else confirm?

TopDogg1

Aug 14, 2008
My update must have been different...I'll show a screenshot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TopDogg1

Aug 14, 2008
I got an update this morning...but not what I needed I guess

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1386884280170.jpg
    1386884280170.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 395

mhoepfin

Jan 9, 2006
On second thought I'm not sure what gear manager has to do with call routing since you can use the gear bluetooth speaker function on any phone without even having gear manager installed. But I swear the in call volume is definitely louder. Can anyone else confirm?

It's definitely louder from just the Gear Manager update. Almost booming loud now. Love it!!

Got the Gear on the day it was released (and have gotten Google Glass since and own a Pebble) and the Gear is by far the best wearable device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Strange.. I can only see version 1.5 120601 in the store

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Gear Updated to 1.5.120601

Yeah, that's what I do. Dunno why it makes me approve each installation.

You need the paid version to do batch restore. If you have the paid version on your phone copy the license.txt file to your sd on the gear.

I wonder if you could do a TWRP restore after pairing it with the updated Gear Manager and it'd just start working like nothing happened.

You can do a twrp restore. Just make sure you only restore the data partition and you'll be fine. That's what I did.

One thing I am currently noticing is a massive drop in battery life since installing the update a few hours ago. Over the 15 hours since I unplugged this morning there was a steady drop from 100% to about 70%. At which point I did the gear update (about 3 hours ago) and now I'm at 37%. Ouch.

I hope this is a misbehaving app or something. Battery meter culprits are screen and android system.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2