how to get message ringtone to stop ???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search This thread

mmmmmmm

Sep 18, 2008
I'm with you on that one, i think he's not sure himself what is going on but we will see?
I'm off to bed will dream about how to sort out the artificial intelligence message ringtone tone thing.
This could be a retoricle thread or could end up in the hall of shame :D

Hotrod101 maybe i need to leave the terminology @ home surely everyone know what a loop is??? so if i ing what's it do???

it doesnt loop or start over it just doesnt stop once ive read the messagge it keeps playing

Last edited:

mmmmmmm

Sep 18, 2008
Alright guys, I think I know what he's trying to say.
I've had this similar problem before.
I think this is what he's trying to say...

1)He set a custom alert,(a song), for his text message.
2)He gets a text, and bingo - it starts playing his selected ringtone.
3)So he picks up his phone, goes to the text message, and wouldn't you know? The ringtone won't stop playing even though he's clarified with the OS that he's acknowledged the message, (therefore expecting the ringtone to stop). Hell, he may even be creating a response to the message already, but the alert still won't stop....

4)So what does he do? He sets a shorter ringtone; shortens the length of the song, hoping it'd make a difference.
5)BUT, it doesn't. Why? I believe this is because that is one flaw in the dash's OS, (if you wanna call it that). Even though you may have acknowledged the new text message, it will stay play THE FULL LENGTH OF THE ALERT you have assigned it.

EX) Phone says, "I have a new text?!, play the designated alert! What? You already know you have a new text message? I don't care mufucka, I got a job to do, and that's play the full [length] alert I was told to play!"

If you notice, the pre-installed text message alerts, are relatively short.
So did the programmers just say, "f-it, we can't seem to make it so the alert stops playing once a message is read/acknowledged, so we'll just install short alerts", who knows.

YES SOMEBODY UNDERSTANDS !

yesod7

Dec 28, 2007
Portland, OR
Normally, I would not post this because it's a waste of space, but there's been so much of it in this thread already, so why not?

This is one of the funniest threads I have ever read here on xda. It is funny because there is so much legitimate miscommunication (or just plain not getting it) going on. It's like watching the "Who's On First" sketch!:rolleyes::cool::eek:

stylez

Moderator Emeritus
Normally, I would not post this because it's a waste of space, but there's been so much of it in this thread already, so why not?

This is one of the funniest threads I have ever read here on xda. It is funny because there is so much legitimate miscommunication (or just plain not getting it) going on. It's like watching the "Who's On First" sketch!:rolleyes::cool::eek:

It's gone to the Hall Of Shame lol
Full of lot's of funnys :)

gixxum

Jan 6, 2008
California
i have avoided this thread like the plague...but it got to page 3 so i had to take a peek. hahah stylez, didnt we just go through this in another thread? or was it someone else? i offered a guy some software to cut the files etc....and he got bent because "this is a bug"...

if you say "hey phone, play this song when i get a text", and it does....uhm. im missing the bug.

i understand exactly what you are saying. and honestly, its not much of a novelty for me and probably many people here (most arent really the rockin ring tone type...being developers and all). which is why this doesnt come up too often...nobody (a) seems to really care, or (b) never noticed because we dont want our phones bumpin the new r. kelly when we get a text.

i cant bust out and get my swerve on to a beep..or get out on dance floor and KrUmP to a little chime, this i know...but i do about 3000 texts a month, and frankly, im a cracker that has no business doing anything the remotely looks like trying to dance...

lemme know if you want metallica - and justice for all.mp3 (9:43) or guns n roses - novemeber rain.mp3 (8:55)...they would make kick ass reminders or notifications =)

anyways...just ignore me. ive had too little sleep and too much coffee...

by the way.. BEST MIS-COMMUNICATION EVER

*beep*

Last edited:

stylez

Moderator Emeritus
i have avoided this thread like the plague...but it got to page 3 so i had to take a peek. hahah stylez, didnt we just go through this in another thread? or was it someone else? i offered a guy some software to cut the files etc....and he got bent because "this is a bug"...

if you say "hey phone, play this song when i get a text", and it does....uhm. im missing the bug.

i understand exactly what you are saying. and honestly, its not much of a novelty for me and probably many people here (most arent really the rockin ring tone type...being developers and all). which is why this doesnt come up too often...nobody (a) seems to really care, or (b) never noticed because we dont want our phones bumpin the new r. kelly when we get a text.

i cant bust out and get my swerve on to a beep..or get out on dance floor and KrUmP to a little chime, this i know...but i do about 3000 texts a month, and frankly, im a cracker that has no business doing anything the remotely looks like trying to dance...

lemme know if you want metallica - and justice for all.mp3 (9:43) or guns n roses - novemeber rain.mp3 (8:55)...they would make kick ass reminders or notifications =)

anyways...just ignore me. ive had too little sleep and too much coffee...

by the way.. BEST MIS-COMMUNICATION EVER

*beep*

Deja-Wu straight out of the depths of the mindboglers, i answered it 45 mins b4 and had to check poster out, well couldn't find them on the birth register, so tryed the death register and guess what i hit a nuget and realized why i wasn't understood. :D