What next?

Search This thread

hammers4life

Dec 2, 2009
Apologies if I'm asking what is more than likely obvious to you experts... I decided to root my Sensation xl today and have succeeded I unlocked bootloader and ran the permaroot on the main thread. My intention is to install a different rom, can I just go ahead and do it or do I have to do something else first? I keep seeing this clockwork mod but not sure if I need to do that? Many thanks

benjamin.j.goodwin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2011
Northampton
Google Pixel 4 XL
Apologies if I'm asking what is more than likely obvious to you experts... I decided to root my Sensation xl today and have succeeded I unlocked bootloader and ran the permaroot on the main thread. My intention is to install a different rom, can I just go ahead and do it or do I have to do something else first? I keep seeing this clockwork mod but not sure if I need to do that? Many thanks

First of all, I won't be horrible :) awesome that you've rooted but you've posted in the wrong section. Rather than just flaming you though I will try and help.

Make sure you follow the tutorials. So if you have rooted and done recovery, you need to flash the chinese ROM and boot.img if you haven't already.

Go to this thread and check the information for what you do after rooting and getting Clockwork MOD.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1466436

For your first install you don't have to install RCMix 3D you can choose whatever. Happy flashing!

Reactions: AndroHero

hammers4life

Dec 2, 2009
I thought I might be in the wrong section lol. Ive been used to been spoon fed by Apple and need to switch my brain back on.....THANKYOU

shingers5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
I thought I might be in the wrong section lol. Ive been used to been spoon fed by Apple and need to switch my brain back on.....THANKYOU

Lol nice laugh this. Yeah after rooting need to flash recovery as that's needed to install custom Roms. After flashing recovery you need Chinese boot.img and Rom of your choice

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium

Alsager

Mar 7, 2012
Dublin
Samsung Galaxy Note 10
Lol nice laugh this. Yeah after rooting need to flash recovery as that's needed to install custom Roms. After flashing recovery you need Chinese boot.img and Rom of your choice

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium

But in the tutorials you say that the rcmix3d needs to be flashed first for those switching from stock ROM.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using XDA

benjamin.j.goodwin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2011
Northampton
Google Pixel 4 XL
But in the tutorials you say that the rcmix3d needs to be flashed first for those switching from stock ROM.

It's a suggestion but not a necessity, the reason it instructs to do so is that this is the method followed by many. Plus there were less ROMs then.

By all means do that, or instead of flashing RCMix3D when it says to, just pick one you like and flash.

Reactions: Alsager

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

First of all, I won't be horrible :) awesome that you've rooted but you've posted in the wrong section. Rather than just flaming you though I will try and help.

Make sure you follow the tutorials. So if you have rooted and done recovery, you need to flash the chinese ROM and boot.img if you haven't already.

Go to this thread and check the information for what you do after rooting and getting Clockwork MOD.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1466436

For your first install you don't have to install RCMix 3D you can choose whatever. Happy flashing!

It's a suggestion but not a necessity, the reason it instructs to do so is that this is the method followed by many. Plus there were less ROMs then.

By all means do that, or instead of flashing RCMix3D when it says to, just pick one you like and flash.