[ROM] PRIME! v1.6r2 | HC31 | Fast | Rooted | HMJ37.prime_epad-1.6-20110716

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Cordy

Feb 2, 2008
Do we need to wipe if we're coming from the stock unrooted ROM? :p
r34p3rex beat me to it. Same question. Do you we need to wipe? Was also wondering you mentioned recommending making a nandroid. As I understood it, based on the MTP filesystem that these Honeycomb tablet uses, doesn't making a nandroid backup everything including all of our media files? Thanks for the response in advance.

Roach2010

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2008
Glasgow
Do we need to wipe if we're coming from the stock unrooted ROM? :p

There's no need to wipe anything before installing though as the install process doesn't leave any junk on your system.
I should point out though that installing this rom will result in your boot.img being overwritten with a non stock one.

doesn't making a nandroid backup everything including all of our media files?

Cordy. Yeah a nandroid could be huge if you have a lot of data on your device. It's entitrely optional and is only really for a worst case scenario.

seshmaru

Aug 22, 2009
I have a question, is there any real difference between the US and WW version? Since I'm using a WW rom on a US transformer at the moment and seeing as I will be moving back to Europe soon I see no reason to use the US rom.

Roach2010

Sep 1, 2008
Glasgow
The roms were mostly identical with the exception of some of the libraries and a few binaries. Some of the files have minor differences such as a timestamp but others have quite a lot. There was also a lot of differences in gpgpl.

Other than that WW didn't have google books as this isn't readily available outside the US.

I've attached a screenshot showing which files were different.

Attachments

• bc_tf_roms.jpg
    bc_tf_roms.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 271

seshmaru

Aug 22, 2009
The roms were mostly identical with the exception of some of the libraries and a few binaries. Some of the files have minor differences such as a timestamp but others have quite a lot. There was also a lot of differences in gpgpl.

Other than that WW didn't have google books as this isn't readily available outside the US.

I've attached a screenshot showing which files were different.

That's odd, my US transformer came stock with a WW build + google books.

cowballz69

Jul 10, 2007
I'm guessing since I updated to newest OTA rom I wont be able to boot clockwork to install this rom?

seshmaru

Aug 22, 2009
Maybe you should read the root thread first, because then you'd know you can root the latest OTA.

r34p3rex

Sep 20, 2008
I've tried snagging both the US and WW versions of Prime 1.2 with little success installing.

I am currently on Prime 1.1-b2. When I try to flash either of the 1.2 zip's in CWM, it halts and says:
Code:
E:Can't open /sdcard/PRIME_v1.2_WW.zip
(bad)

I have downloaded the files multiple times with no joy past this error. Anyone else experiencing this?

Have you tried a different SD card?

Roach2010

Sep 1, 2008
Glasgow
Here's what the MD5's should be:

ddf353981330409ee64bfc388391c081 PRIME_v1.2_US.zip
9eb12de223a32df8a2fa9ae7560a4919 PRIME_v1.2_WW.zip

r34p3rex

Sep 20, 2008
Thanks Roach!

My device is acting really weird. When I download either of these zips, they reflect your md5sums, but when I try to transfer them to my sdcard (either from Asus's 'File Manager', or command line) the sums change. I've tried multiple times, and it'll go something like this:

1.) File begins to copy. Dialogue.
2.) At about 80%, the screen goes black and won't turn on.
3.) About 15 seconds later, the screen will come back on and the transfer will be finished.

Looks like I might have a faulty sdcard.

Would you happen to have an external SD card reader that you could try?

r34p3rex

Sep 20, 2008
Yes I do; this is actually how I concluded my card to be bad. I tried writing the same file to my sdcard multiple times (from a desktop), and every time it would have a different md5sum.

I threw in another sdcard and tried the same test: it stayed correct.

Moral of the story: don't buy sdcards off ebay :mad:

Yea I never trust ebay memory cards :p Too dangerous!

helten2

Oct 23, 2006
Hi,

I am currently living in Taiwan and is interested in getting the Transformer. For me it is important that I will be able to use custom ROMs, so is there any chance that this ROM will also work with the CN (China/Taiwan) model in the future?

I will attempt to find the WW or US version, but I don't think I will have much luck.

Thanks!

helten2

Oct 23, 2006
Hi,

I am currently living in Taiwan and is interested in getting the Transformer. For me it is important that I will be able to use custom ROMs, so is there any chance that this ROM will also work with the CN (China/Taiwan) model in the future?

I will attempt to find the WW or US version, but I don't think I will have much luck.

Thanks!

I just bought it with a dock - soooo impatient... :p

Highland3r

Sep 27, 2009
Can anyone comment on the smoothness of app drawer and launcher (scrolling between screens) compared to modaco HR4 please (im a bit anal on 100% smoothness :p)

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PRIME! v1.6

This is a custom rom for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101

Special thanks to: Hacre | afm | MoDaCo | dc13 | supercurio | Bumble-Bee | RaYmAn | netarchy | Vividboarder | CurtisBeef​

This rom is a work in progress and all feedback is appreciated. It has everything that the stock rom has to offer with a few modifications designed to provide a better user experience. As always whenever installing any rom, please ensure that you are fully aware of what you are doing as no one enjoys seeing their pride and joy end up bricked or stuck in a boot-loop (although these are easily fixed if either were to happen so don't panic in the event that something goes wrong).

Instructions:
    1. Copy ROM to sdcard
    2. Verify the MD5 of the zip on the sdcard, DO NOT FLASH IF THIS DOESN'T MATCH THE MD5 UNDER THE DOWNLOAD LINK!
    3. Boot into clockworkmod recovery
    4. Take a nandroid backup (optional but highly recommended)
    5. Install the ROM
    6. Reboot and wait... The first boot may take a while...
    7. After a successful restart, you can change one of the power mod or remove it if desired.

Rom Details:
    Android 3.1
    GPS - V1.3.2
    WiFi - V5.1.50
    Bluetooth - V6.17
    Kernel - 2.6.36.3-g3eb19ec
    Build - HMJ37.prime_epad-1.6-20110716
    MobileDock - EP101-0209 (Prompts for install after first boot if required)

See the second post of this thread for the changelog

Known Issues:
    In Prime 1.6 if you flash a custom kernel you may experience a slight drop in performance due to a change in the way Prime optimises I/O performance.
    Install this patch in CWM to resolve the issue. - http://kan.gd/uij - This has been fixed in 1.6r2

Battery History option in Spare Parts triggers F/C

Download Links: - Main Rom (You need this one)
    PRIME! v1.6 (HMJ37.prime_epad-1.6-20110716)
    Alternate Link
    MD5: 574d34b0923cd5ef03762ae5357acc93

Torrent Link - Thanks Aligatro

NVflash version now available: http://kan.gd/up2
    Uncompress the image files into a folder and see Androidroot.mobi for details on how to flash.

Kernel - Only required to return from other kernels
    Prime_v1.6_Kernel.zip
    Alternate Link
    MD5: d45a27115e2ac0c22659a131abb075bc

Previous versions:
    PRIME! v1.5 (HMJ37.prime_epad-1.5-20110626)
    MD5: 13a0923e7ad178de2ae7636cd0f628a3

Power button mods
    These mods give you either a reboot or reboot to recovery option when you long press the power button.

REBOOT power button mod
    Alternate Link
    MD5: fc17f4bbbd37aa6dbf163604484bb3ba

RECOVERY power button mod - (included in rom)
    Alternate Link
    MD5: bb8b361f024246f0a8f06a06f2ee47ed

REBOOT and RECOVERY power button mod - (there is no shutdown option with this mod but some people dont ever need to)
    Alternate Link
    MD5: d7d7e2abca184dc59e1b912183539b3a
    Hi, I thought I would give you all a short update as I haven't been online much recently. I've had a few health issues, nothing serious just enough to put me off doing anything after work besides crashing out on the sofa in front of the telly. I'm over the worst though so I'll soon be getting back on track with the next evolution of PRIME!

Firstly, thanks for all the support and feedback, and also some good ideas. Obviously the rom at present is not much more than stock with a few tweaks and add-ons. I am mostly going to keep it that way as I prefer the stock look and the option is there for anyone to use it as a base and theme it or tweak it further to their hearts content. I have seen a lot of good stuff that has been done already and long may it continue.

I plan to add at the very least: init.d scripts, adhoc wifi support, the speaker config fix and I am hoping to have a replacement for the power options that introduces a menu instead of the current dialog that will allow shutdown, reboot, recovery and maybe even a warmboot option. Also until Asus fix that damn gmail widget problem I have a plan to resolve this too with a bit of manual intervention.

I have four SKU editions of the stock 8.4.4.5 rom to build from, US,WW,TW and TB? no CN???, I don't even know if there was a CN build so if anyone can confirm this or explain what the TB means that will be good to know also. I'm not promising I'll do all versions but if it won't take up too much of my time then I might.

Future releases will probably be in two formats, standard update zips for CWM and nvflash images, I may not do an nvflash image for each SKU though, again time permitting.
    I was just putting the finishing touches to a build based on the TW 8.4.5.15 3g rom but now this has dropped I'll divert and use this build as a base instead.
    Roach is in the UK. It's the middle of the night there.

I'm still up and have just dumped the /system folder from the HC3.1 build, expect a rom soon...
    Download Mirror

OK, I guess it ran it's course. No one using it so I am disabling.