[LIST CLOSED (for now)] Group XTC Clip buy?

Search This thread

mattwood2000

May 4, 2010
Looks like we have 11 including myself - so thats $144/11 = $13 per person.

I guess lets call the list as is, although I don't want to leave anyone out, but I'm just trying to think of logistics here. If we get too many people in the list Alpharev might release the software unlock by the time the last folks are up to receive the clip which would piss me off if it were me even though its only ~$13.

So I think we have enough...if someone really wants to be added I guess we can deal with that later.

Will get shipping confirmation tomorrow from XTC HK, and I'll PM the folks in the list the paypal info. The way I see it you can pay when its your turn to receive the clip...honor system here guys.

Thanks, Matt.

ACD168

Aug 28, 2010
Looks like we have 11 including myself - so thats $144/11 = $13 per person.

I guess lets call the list as is, although I don't want to leave anyone out, but I'm just trying to think of logistics here. If we get too many people in the list Alpharev might release the software unlock by the time the last folks are up to receive the clip which would piss me off if it were me even though its only ~$13.

So I think we have enough...if someone really wants to be added I guess we can deal with that later.

Will get shipping confirmation tomorrow from XTC HK, and I'll PM the folks in the list the paypal info. The way I see it you can pay when its your turn to receive the clip...honor system here guys.

Thanks, Matt.

that's the one problem, getting the clip to everyone in time. hopefully it works out for everyone, root for all!:cool:

spizzo03

Feb 28, 2007
New York
I'll do the same. Whoever is after me will get it overnight.

On a side note I'm just fully supportive of both the xtc clip and alpharev root method. It'll be the best $13 I spent even if alpharev is released by the time I get my turn. Either way I'll be donating to the alpharev team as well. Just thankful to have dev support for this great device.

Sent from my ADR6350

lstarr

Oct 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
sweet!....just pm me the email address to send paypal funds...I'll pay today and I will pm my ship to address to the person above me....person below, bucwylde, pm your address to me as well.

sent from my Inc 2 using xda premium app

mattwood2000

May 4, 2010
I take it everyone is cool with the "pay it forward" shipping - meaning I'll pay the shipping to cadon69, he can pay for shipping to Istarr, etc.

Or if you guys want everyone can pay shipping to them (i.e cadon69 pays me to ship to him on top of the $13)....whatever works, don't really care.

Cadon69, PM me your shipping address - just sent you the paypal info.

cadon69

Dec 17, 2009
I take it everyone is cool with the "pay it forward" shipping - meaning I'll pay the shipping to cadon69, he can pay for shipping to Istarr, etc.

Or if you guys want everyone can pay shipping to them (i.e cadon69 pays me to ship to him on top of the $13)....whatever works, don't really care.

Pay it forward works for me. I will send the $13 PayPal right now. I will put in a separate address to send to so it will come to my work and I will get it S-off and send it to the next person in the same day.

efaden

Dec 24, 2010

I think paying to ship it on is easier....

bradleyz

Jun 29, 2010
Yup!^ we can pay, PayPal with a regular debit right??

sent from my incarcerated Incredible 2

mattwood2000

May 4, 2010
Yes! If you dont have a paypal account I can initiate a request for money which will let you put in your debit or credit card number and it will deduct it from there.

Just PM me your email if that is the case.

Thanks!

MotorcycleMike

Sep 21, 2007
Wish this got going a bit earlier. I leave for Amsterdam the 15th and would have liked to use my Incredible 2 there. (Along with wireless tether)

mattwood2000

May 4, 2010
Someone brought up a good point/question regarding the clip - I was asked if I would sell it after this whole sharing thing is done.

I opted to hold on to it for a couple of reasons. First, since a bunch of folks have agreed to help pay for it, I feel like its not totally mine to sell even though I fronted the money for it and was going to buy it anyway.

Second, there are some people I work with that will probably want to S-Off after they see whats going on.

What I'd like to do is get the clip back from the last person, but I would make it available to folks after the fact...although Alpharev might be released by the time I get it back! :)

Thanks, Matt.

mattwood2000

May 4, 2010
For the people on this list, please PM your shipping address to the person before you, not to me - they will be shipping it to you. I'll PM mine to the last person.

Thanks, Matt.

MotorcycleMike

Sep 21, 2007
If you only need to SIM unlock your phone you can do that by getting the unlock code from Verizon. Wireless tether should be doable with temproot assuming you have a PC around.

Thanks.
Probably not going to have access to a PC once I leave, just my Xoom tablet. I guess If I don't turn the phone off after temp root I'll be OK. The Sim unlock is more important at this point.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Another thing to note since this is a Group xtc-clip is the fact that the cable can easily get damaged by putting it in and pulling it out of the part that connects it to the clip. So be careful when removing it from the clip.

If it doesn't work that would be the second thing to check, the first would be to check that you have the cable in correctly (in the clip and into the sim slot).

That's the only thing I dislike about the clip. The cable is not easy to remove from it. I'll post a pic of a damaged one, give me a minute.

Please take a close look at the pics attached:
    1. Eng sim cable: The one to the right is damaged.
    2. The two things your going to need that doesn't come w/ the clip package (9 volt battery and mini USB cable).
    3. The way the eng sim cable should be inserted into the device.
    4. The way the eng sim cable should be inserted into the clip (make sure its pushed all the way in). I just wanted to show the correct way to insert it.
    I think paying to ship it on is easier....

Good enough...I'll update everyone when I get the shipping info.

Thanks guys, this is how things should get done!!
    Wish this got going a bit earlier. I leave for Amsterdam the 15th and would have liked to use my Incredible 2 there. (Along with wireless tether)

If you only need to SIM unlock your phone you can do that by getting the unlock code from Verizon. Wireless tether should be doable with temproot assuming you have a PC around.
    Anyone know if the "Goldcard" needs to be created for the Vivo_w? If so, should it be the SDCard that will remain installed in the phone or is it just used to unlocking purposes only?

Yes you need to create a goldcard and the sdcard is only used for unlocking but, its recommended you use the sdcard that came with the device for creating the goldcard.

Note: Creating a goldcard with the xtc-clip will delete everything on the sdcard, so back it up.
    Is this like a machine to make a gold card for dummies? Just go to the G1 section and there are full instructions to make a gold card. Please explain. Thanks

No, it loads a diagnostic image onto the sdcard after making it a goldcard, then it emulates an engineering sim in order to load the diag img.