[Firmware][SGH-I777][JB][4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 preview | USER THREAD

Search This thread

R2D2_SW

Feb 9, 2009
Essential Phone
Google Pixel 7 Pro
It was google+. I have removed it for now. I will try it again later. I will keep the phone under observation and report later

Thanks,
TSP

No need to remove it for that matter. Simply turn off background data on this app. Under Settings->Data Usage select the Google+ app and check the box "Restrict Background data".

I have G+ with background data off and it works fine. However, I am on 10/08.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Larz2.2

Lucke

Oct 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
i'm really starting to get frustrated. phone locks up randomly and i can't pinpoint why. anybody else dealing with this?

another annoying thing is that my phones ringer rings once and that's it. it keeps vibrating, but the ringer stops.

jadams212510

May 29, 2009
Jacksonville FL
I'm currently running the non experimental from 10-14-12 and its giving me the best stability and battery life I've ever had while using a CM10 nightly. I did disable Google now. Thank you to all the devs for keeping my phone up to date you guys are awesome!

Lucke

Oct 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
Factory reset yet? Also is your ring tone set to loop

Bleh
yes, i've done a device reset (fixed my google now issue) but the phone still locks up completely (usually while charging with the screen on, but sometimes i'll go a few hours without looking at my phone and the first time i unlock it, it freezes).

i've never seen an option for setting my ringtone to loop. where is that at?

switters1

Nov 19, 2010
I'm currently running the non experimental from 10-14-12 and its giving me the best stability and battery life I've ever had while using a CM10 nightly. I did disable Google now. Thank you to all the devs for keeping my phone up to date you guys are awesome!

Same here. I get frequent random reboots on later experimentals and nightlies.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

eep2378

Aug 12, 2010
MA
yes, i've done a device reset (fixed my google now issue) but the phone still locks up completely (usually while charging with the screen on, but sometimes i'll go a few hours without looking at my phone and the first time i unlock it, it freezes).

i've never seen an option for setting my ringtone to loop. where is that at?

Open phone app, tap menu, then settings. Here you can change the various ringtone settings.

Lucke

Oct 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
Nope, no settings there for looping ringtones on the 10/17 nightly.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350870169608.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350870169608.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 396

Lucke

Oct 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
For Task's AOKP, I had to set an attribute in the sound file to get the ringtone to loop. See this posting for what I did: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=30622377&postcount=8
my coworkers stock VZW Galaxy Nexus (which finally got the OTA JB update) doesn't have this issue, which leads me to believe this is something that can be set statically in the system, as opposed to modifying files to make this work.

i know that JB and ICS are different, but i never had this problem until the nightlies started coming out. was something removed from the original experimentals?

msgfromside3

Nov 23, 2010
Nope, no settings there for looping ringtones on the 10/17 nightly.

Just want to make sure - are you using the CM10 kernel? I don't recall having a problem with ringtone looping with CM10 nor seeing an option to loop (I think it was there with GB long time back, but I can't recall exactly but I am sure CM10 never had one) and just tested without repro.

iXNyNe

Dec 26, 2010
nemchik.com
Two new 10/22 builds up with the same name. Minor differences. Any reason why?

Maybe 10/21 triggered late and was named 10/22 by the time the build finished. P.s. look at build trigger times, use cmupdater or BBQ log for change logs, the appspot change log doesn't include everything that gets into the builds.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Mll4eveR.

Mar 25, 2012
I'm having a problem that causes the signal lost really often, like couple times a day. It's really annoying. It shows 4 bars on the statusbar but I can't make any phone calls or have any data connections and wifi is not working as well. The only solution I came up with is to reboot. This starts like a week ago. Is it just me or does anyone else have this kinda issue? Any suggestions?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ATTENTION: THIS IS JUST A PREVIEW. MAY CONTAIN A LOT OF BUGS!
    NO SUPPORT!!!

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.1 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

First time installing CyanogenMod 10 to your Galaxy S II, or coming from another ROM:
    - Make sure you're running a proper working CWM Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM10 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10 zip from internal SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from internal SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore Apps using Titanium Backup!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10:
    - Copy CM10 ZIP to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10 zip from internal SDCard
    - Reboot

Experimental builds:
    http://d-h.st/JaT - 7/27/2012
    http://d-h.st/aMl - 8/3/2012
    http://d-h.st/iXg - 8/13/2012
    http://d-h.st/3KE - 8/18/2012
    http://d-h.st/QbU - 8/19/2012

Google Apps:
    Get the latest Version from Rom-Manager.
    Newer, unsupported versions can be found at http://goo.im/gapps

Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

Development Thread (DEVELOPERS ONLY): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1796744

ygKDil.png
    GeQbTl.png

qNkWbl.png
    rK3uzl.png

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing in our freetime, goto teamhacksung website and hit the big donate button.
    Thanks to all donators!

KNOWN ISSUES:
    • Everything is broken until proven otherwise.
    • Known broken things include:
    • Mediascanner derps hard for many people, eating 100% CPU for 30-40 minutes on boot.
    • Missing many CM10 features
    • NFC totally untested
    • Anything broken on I9100 will be a problem on I777 too
    • Screenshots are from I9100. I'm lazy, and I777 isn't any different

You want to live on the bleeding edge, you're probably gonna get cut
    Update -
    Good news: I found out the source of the problem and built a fix this morning.
    Bad news: Severe thunderstorms yesterday afternoon knocked out my cable modem. I'm unable to upload a build or even the fix until it comes back.
    RELEASE PULLED. I just discovered from user reports in the N7000 thread that this has the capability of triggering the infamous eMMC brickbug on installation. This is far less likely on I777 since almost no one is running intramfs-repacked UCLE5, but those people could experience severe unrecoverable problems. I will reopen this thread once I reimplement that fix.

To be clear - the bug only affects initial flashing. If you are already running CM10, you are safe. If you are not already running CM10, DO NOT flash the release unless you are running a known safe kernel. Right now, I will only guarantee safety with the pulled release if you start from CM9.
    Unless something comes up Monday evening and I'm too busy to build, I'll try to get the first I777 test build out monday evening for 4.2.1.

Benefit of the wait for you guys? N7000/I9100 users are guinea pigs with ****ty builds that have all sorts of broken stuff. First I777 build will have all of the big issues resolved. :p
    4.2 test build within the next few days, depending on my availability/time.

Finally I think we've got the graphics breakthrough we need... just needs to be beat on/polished a bit.