Magnetic POGO Cable

Search This thread

bd177

Jan 26, 2010
Tonawanda NY
I just noticed when using a flash drive on my tablet.

Once I start using the flash drive, the pogo charger stops drawing power. I start losing power at about 900mA as reported from Android Tuner.

After I unmount and disconnect the flash drive, the tablet still refuses to charge the tablet.

Once I power down the tablet and reboot it, the pogo charger will start charging as normal. (+1.4mA just watching the battery monitor)

The tablet is running AOSP+, GApps, and KTManta. All of them were the latest versions.

Wondering if there's anybody else out there that uses USB OTG that can confirm/deny that the pogo stops charging when using a flash drive.

I noticed the same. If you plug in an otg cable with flash drive the pogo cable stops charging, even though it shows "Charging AC" in Settings -> Battery. If I pull out the otg cable it will start charging again.

Nitemare3219

Nov 24, 2010
I don't believe the charging while using USB OTG is a software issue. The manufacturer stated a safety feature was present to prevent damage from charging through the USB port and pogo pins at the same time. I'm assuming this safety feature is present in the AC chip in the cable, but I could be wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
I don't believe the charging while using USB OTG is a software issue. The manufacturer stated a safety feature was present to prevent damage from charging through the USB port and pogo pins at the same time. I'm assuming this safety feature is present in the AC chip in the cable, but I could be wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
It can't be because you can plug into your PC using at the same with no change.

Ashade

Jan 30, 2012
I ordered mine January 10th, it was shipped the 14th, and I think I got it today 23th as I had a notification on the box. I will confirm tomorrow. Nine days from Korea to Texas is not bad at all. I can't wait to get it tomorrow! I've been consuming the whole battery every single day since I hit this thing (yes... I'm addicted...), I hit this cable and an USB extension cord. I hope this does the trick...

garysargent

Sep 29, 2010
I ordered from pogocable.com on 15th Jan, got a tracking code 17th Jan, it arrived today 24th Jan (this is to the UK).

dajogejr

Apr 20, 2011

aaron.bufc

Mar 29, 2011
Ballymena
Just received my cable today to the UK. Took about two weeks exactly to arrive, haven't had a chance to try it out yet... charged fully last night.

dajogejr

Apr 20, 2011
Precondition to sell on Amzaon is stock availability. Our US agent has received stocks for shipping for orders

Thank you again. it's a race to see if the one I ordered via your website on 1/11 or the one I just ordered off Amazon will get here first.
I can use both, home and work.

Thanks!

duarian

Jul 19, 2012
Gah. Wish I would have waited to order it from amazon. I'm Stoll waiting on mine I ordered from the website almost 2 weeks ago here in PA :(

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

derobert

Aug 8, 2010
Charging at 2A works. I don't thing anyone has shared a chart yet, so here is one. I this is with the pogo cable attached to the stock charger.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359047629618.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359047629618.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 320

nathanhd123

Dec 16, 2012

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So are there any places currently selling these?

Not sure I got this from the eBay seller in South Korea that had his ad taken down.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

You got it really fast !

Where are you located?

How fast is the chargeing

Thanks!!!,

Yeah I was surprised too! the seller had an option for express shipping when I paid for $10 more, I didn't have a problem spending a few bucks more.

I haven't used it enough yet to notice any faster charging, it went from 70% to 98% in a little less than 2 hours.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Let's see if the pictures will work yet............

ResizeofIMG_0100_zps487a912b.jpg

ResizeofIMG_0103_zps5ccac530.jpg
    I searched high and low and finally found an adapter that puts out 2.1A on each of two outlets - concurrently. Excellent quality. Same spec on each channel as oem charger on its single outlet. Great fit and finish too. Can support two high demand devices at once.

I've been using it with the Pogo cable, and it is perfect. Link:

Ventev r2200 AC Travel Charger, Dual 2A USB Port 110-220v With MicroUSB Cable
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BSC7FW0/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
    It's here!

Just wanted to let everyone know I got my Pogo Cable today!

It is in my opinion extremely high quality build. I have so far used it with my wall charger and my car charger and it works fantastic.

If I didn't know better I'd say was an OEM from Samsung or Google.

I know I know post pictures..........

OK I'll get some made and post them very soon.

Clutch
    Just out of interest, has anyone actually measured what current the nexus actually draws from the charger?

I've just spliced in my ammeter and with the battery showing 45% its currently drawing 0.59A and this is with the stock charger and whilst typing this. If I put the nexus into standby then it drops to 0.50A

I'll do some further testing this week charging from 0-100% this week and let you know what I find.

Btw this is using the USB port.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2