Removing CyanogenMod and going back to Stock. Help!

Search This thread

Ikram232

Sep 21, 2013
Ouch... it's not an RUU problem, i can tell you that.

You can try to revert back to stock, by using Rempuzzle. It's the fastest stock ROM for HTC buzz, trust me on this ;)

Can you find a proper RUU for Stock for me! Also, I have upgraded to an unofficial port of Cyanogenmod 9 which is ICS, will that affect the reason why it's not working? I am running ClockWorkRecovery 4.0.??

miniAndroidian

Apr 8, 2012
Germany
Can you find a proper RUU for Stock for me! Also, I have upgraded to an unofficial port of Cyanogenmod 9 which is ICS, will that affect the reason why it's not working? I am running ClockWorkRecovery 4.0.??

For error 170 try this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32574569&postcount=2
You'll better find the ruu yourself if your phone is branded and for the specific region you're living in (for eg. TMOB_US RUU) but you can try this (http://www.androidruu.com/getdownlo...3.55.24H_3.35.19.25_release_151892_signed.exe) RUU its for all devices and based on Android 2.2 (i think).
And nope it wont affect anything if it wasnt working with CM7.2 it wont work with CM9 either. ClockWorkRecovery 4 is great! But again its got nothing to do with flashing a RUU

Ikram232

Sep 21, 2013
For error 170 try this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32574569&postcount=2
You'll better find the ruu yourself if your phone is branded and for the specific region you're living in (for eg. TMOB_US RUU) but you can try this (http://www.androidruu.com/getdownlo...3.55.24H_3.35.19.25_release_151892_signed.exe) RUU its for all devices and based on Android 2.2 (i think).
And nope it wont affect anything if it wasnt working with CM7.2 it wont work with CM9 either. ClockWorkRecovery 4 is great! But again its got nothing to do with flashing a RUU

Okay I did the 170 ERROR solution and I got ROM.zip and changed it to PB99IMG.zip. Will it remove the recovery and root? Also, am I supposed to change it to PB99IMG.zip or to something else? Because he has a HTC Desire and I have a HTC Wildfire.

Ikram232

Sep 21, 2013
Okay, now after that, how should I do it, from recovery or the Bootloader (I think that's what its called!)?

Scrap that, I went to HBOOT and it said update now. VOL UP. I did that and now its updating, well now its done, its at the HTC Screen, loading as I am typing!

EDIT: I am now at the HTC quietly brilliant screen and the jingle came. Waiting still. Hoping am not bricked,

Last edited:

Ikram232

Sep 21, 2013
YAYAYAYYAYYAYA! Close this forum up, its working, I am on stock Android. and the Boot Screen is back to normal. Thanks, Everyone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nope, that does not work, that only formats Cyanogenmod. It does not bring back Stock Android. Also, I never have experienced a boot loop!

to bring back stock, you must flash a stock ROM, or either an RUU, but will take root away. Just to be safe
    Okay, I did what Stone. Cold but I get the 170 error, USB ERROR. I thinks it's probably not the right RUU, thats why. I need to know which one is the right one. Which one, guys. Help

It's not an RUU problem.

You've did this part wrong.

Make sure your usb debugging is on, although make sure phone is OFF!

Run RUU and skip all the reading, it'll say waiting for device. Quickly on your phone! at the same time RUN RUU and on phone!

It will then show that it worked, then you'd click an option, which is install the RUU

Then wait for 10 mins, then you're done!

Hope this helps
    My phone has a problem were it does not turn on while it is turned off charging. That happens like after 6 seconds its connected, I think

Make sure RUU is running, then on your phone and plug in usb right away. The phone shouldn't boot up. It should just be on the boot animation, then that's when RUU will install, it'll show HTC in black and green.
    Okay I did the 170 ERROR solution and I got ROM.zip and changed it to PB99IMG.zip. Will it remove the recovery and root? Also, am I supposed to change it to PB99IMG.zip or to something else? Because he has a HTC Desire and I have a HTC Wildfire.

You probably better rename it to PC49IMG.zip
    YAYAYAYYAYYAYA! Close this forum up, its working, I am on stock Android. and the Boot Screen is back to normal. Thanks, Everyone.

PM forum moderators, to remove this thread :good: