[ROM][MK5][STOCK][ODEXED/DEODEXED]- Virgin Mobile/Boost Mobile

Search This thread

jdsingle76

Jan 19, 2013
Thanks for this will try it out now :D

UPDATE:

No mater what I do I cannot get this thing to root properly. Apps still say I am unrooted.

Flash the super su in the OP using philz cwm recovery. I couldn't get it to stick with regular cwm.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

remotehugger

Mar 5, 2012
DeWitt
I had to reflash supersu before it took - using philz recovery - its pretty nice - sometimes have to tap an extra time or two but it sure is customizable - and backs up quick too -

tapped in from my VM GSIII, running jdsingle76's MK5 ROM and Modem -

F3AR420

Oct 9, 2011
in a house
Yeah still says my phone isn't supported. Maybe i can use the one for the sprint phone? Im using 6.0.3.1 CWM

Last edited:

jdsingle76

Jan 19, 2013
If they doesn't work, try flashing philz recovery and then the supersu update. Both are in the OP

Reactions: F3AR420

Purponic

Apr 6, 2012
I would like to personally thank everyone involved in this project. I know the Boost/Virgin Mobile community really appreciates it. I don't know about the VM guys, but development was pretty stagnant with the Boost version. We appreciate every little thing we can get immensely! Keep up the good work! I hope to see some more Boost/Virgin specific roms in the future.

jdsingle76

Jan 19, 2013
I would like to personally thank everyone involved in this project. I know the Boost/Virgin Mobile community really appreciates it. I don't know about the VM guys, but development was pretty stagnant with the Boost version. We appreciate every little thing we can get immensely! Keep up the good work! I hope to see some more Boost/Virgin specific roms in the future.

Thanks for the kind words Purponic. This is the reason why I do what I do. I am on the Boost variant as well, and learned early on, with the E4GT first, then the SIII, that there are very few, if any, Boost/VM users that do any type of ROM development, building, etc. I hope to expand on this build and bring more and more exciting features to the Boost/VM community. I am still learning, and have ALOT to learn, and couldn't possibly do this alone, so make sure you thank those I have listed in the OP next time you see them bouncing around XDA, especially @CNexus, and any others you see in my threads that offer help almost daily. Great dudes, all around. Thanks again, and enjoy the build:good:

Mr. Struck

May 20, 2013
Longmont, Colorado
Thanks for the kind words Purponic. This is the reason why I do what I do. I am on the Boost variant as well, and learned early on, with the E4GT first, then the SIII, that there are very few, if any, Boost/VM users that do any type of ROM development, building, etc. I hope to expand on this build and bring more and more exciting features to the Boost/VM community. I am still learning, and have ALOT to learn, and couldn't possibly do this alone, so make sure you thank those I have listed in the OP next time you see them bouncing around XDA, especially @CNexus, and any others you see in my threads that offer help almost daily. Great dudes, all around. Thanks again, and enjoy the build:good:

VM is in the same boat, while we can piggyback on the Sprint ROM's, it is really nice to see someone like JD working his butt off for the Android community while doing everything else he does (Marine, family man, and college student, my hat is off to you my brother!!!); can't wait to see what the future holds and am happy to do any testing anytime! Thanks again JD.

Reactions: jdsingle76

F3AR420

Oct 9, 2011
in a house
Has anyone successfully downloaded and flashed the deodexed version of this ROM? I'm trying to find out if some of the issues are with the upload I posted or on the user end. Any feedback would be appreciated. Until I hear back, I have temporarily taken the deodex link down. Thanks for your patience!

probably late as hell responding but i installed it and it went off without hitch once I got my recovery sorted.

freesunshine

Jan 31, 2012
PortWetland, OR
Thanks!

I totally 2nd this statement! I'm on Boost and jdsingle76 have been really helpful when I was using ET4G. I know our S3 is same as Sprint version but it's nice to have someone with Boost variant to see exactly what is happening with the flash and etc.

I also want to thank all those who involved in this project, especially jdsingle76, to making this phone awesome to awesomeR! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alright folks, we're up and running. Just as the title says, this is the MK5 Boost/Virgin Mobile 4.3 update in flashable zip. Stock, zipaligned, basic. More to come in the future, but this should be enough to keep you busy for awhile. Enjoy!

PLEASE READ :)I've made a few changes to the wording of the OP, based on my own personal observations from running this build. This ROM is unrooted, even though it has the su and busybox "guts" in the build. Future builds will have all this cleaned up. In the meantime, when flashing, you must flash the SuperSU Update listed in the flashing instructions to regain root. Simple, I know :) Just thought I'd let you know! Enjoy.

Google, Samsung, XDA – For obvious reasons
    Dsixda – For the Kitchen
    @CNexus – Because frankly this couldn’t have been done without your help.
    @Chainfire – SuperSU and everything else you do and continue to do. You’re a magician.
    @Mr. Struck - for testing deodexed for me.
    @TheBritton - For his help getting this shared around the other forums.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for whatever you do with your phone. Please flash at your own risk!

Download Links:

Stock Odexed

Stock Deodexed

Flashing Instructions:
    Note: Chances are you will have problems with root upon reboot. So to save yourself the headache, I would suggest downloading and flashing the SuperSU update from the get go.
    If you don’t, and it works on its own, please let me know. But if you just flash it when you flash everything else you should be golden!

1. Update your recovery to latest TWRP, CWM, Philz, whatever you are using. I used Philz, found here:Link
    2. Download ROM to phone
    3. Download wifi fix from here(Thanks @CNexus): Link
    4. Download SuperSU Update(See note!!): Link
    5. Download Knox APP remover: Link This is Knox APP Remover, and WILL NOT REMOVE KNOX FROM THE BOOTLOADER! IT WAS NEVER INSTALLED! :)
    6. Reboot to recovery, wipe cache/dalvik
    7. Flash rom, wifi fix, SuperSU update, then knox APPS remover.
    8. If you haven’t done so already, and you're having problems with data, I highly suggest flashing the MK5 modem(Thanks @CNexus): Link
    9. Reboot, profit
    Issues:This is an early run, so I’m sure there might be hiccups. You tell me!

ATTENTION!!!. THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE THE 4.3 FIRMWARE. AKA THE KNOX BOOTLOADER! SO HAVE NO FEAR OF FLASHING THIS BECAUSE OF KNOX!!!

Boost Network

Sprint to Boost Network

This mod will enable native Boost network on our Sprint based 4.3 TW roms.

INSTALL NOTES:
    - Make a backup!!! Do not install this unless you are familiar with flashing mods, creating and recovering backups.
    - This flashes stock kernel overwriting whatever you're running now but should also work with DKP kernel if you flash to that afterwards.
    DKP Kernel thread is HERE
    - When this is installed, I suggest you have wifi available in case you need to update profile and prl if the network won't connect to fix it.

DOWNLOADS:

Boost.Network_on_Sprint_ROM_STOCK
    (Stock based 4.3 TW Rom)

Boost.Network_on_Sprint_ROM_MOAR.8
    (MOAR custom 4.3 TW Rom)

Boost.Network_on_Sprint_ROM_Wicked.0.5
    (Wicked Sensations custom 4.3 TW Rom)

Latest Sprint/Boost Zone App

THIS MOD IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH KT KERNEL, IF YOU ACCIDENTALLY FLASH THE KT KERNEL AND LOSE SIGNAL, REFLASH THE MOD
    Has anyone gotten the 4.4.2 update yet. Running ND8 right now but hoping maybe I can switch out modems when VM releases their version.

Kernel source for "VMU" is not out yet on the Samsung Opensource Release Center, so 4.4.2 is not out yet for Boost/VM. If you ever want to get a good indicator of an OTA coming, just check that site, under your phone model, because they release the kernel before, or simultaneously, as the update. And believe me, the minute it drops, I'll be zipping them up for you guys. :)
    Stock Deodexed is back up and confirmed working. Flash away and enjoy!!! Thanks @struckn over at Android Forums for testing the link.