[Q] How to get into Recovery without power button when phone is turned off?

Search This thread

santicz

Jul 24, 2013
Hi guys,

do anybody knows how to launch Recovery mode without 3-buttons combo? Thing is that my phone is now after full wipe with new rom prepared on internal storage but I forgot that without power button I will not be able to get into recovery (yeah, I know... what a pr*ck). When I connect my phone to pc via usb or either to the wall charger then there is only white text "Samsung GALAXY Note II" on my screen and pc will not even recognize the device (well, it seems like pc doesn't even know about it's connected). Is there any way to install my new rom from internal storage?

Any advice will be appreciated, thanks

BleedingIris

Aug 12, 2012
HEAVEN
Hi guys,

do anybody knows how to launch Recovery mode without 3-buttons combo? Thing is that my phone is now after full wipe with new rom prepared on internal storage but I forgot that without power button I will not be able to get into recovery (yeah, I know... what a pr*ck). When I connect my phone to pc via usb or either to the wall charger then there is only white text "Samsung GALAXY Note II" on my screen and pc will not even recognize the device (well, it seems like pc doesn't even know about it's connected). Is there any way to install my new rom from internal storage?

Any advice will be appreciated, thanks

If somehow adb is recognised, Then
fastboot boot recovery
will work, I think.

nitol

Sep 1, 2009
dhaka
Without a working power button, I don't have any idea how to solve, so now your phone is on and you can't turn it off because the power button not working? If so, what happens if you remove the battery and place the battery after 5/6 minutes?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: nfaruk

santicz

Jul 24, 2013
Without a working power button, I don't have any idea how to solve, so now your phone is on and you can't turn it off because the power button not working? If so, what happens if you remove the battery and place the battery after 5/6 minutes?

Nope, its off now and when I connect it (only way to "turn it on" without working power button) then there is only Samsung GALAXY Note II text on the screen and nothing more happens as I made a full wipe today :-/ I will try to remove the battery for reasonable amount of time and let's see what will change it

Androidwizzard

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2013
If the trick with taking out the battery does not work to get the device started in any way, you got to get the power button repaired.

nitol

Sep 1, 2009
dhaka
Nope, its off now and when I connect it (only way to "turn it on" without working power button) then there is only Samsung GALAXY Note II text on the screen and nothing more happens as I made a full wipe today :-/ I will try to remove the battery for reasonable amount of time and let's see what will change it

If you can turn your device on, then use mskip tool of adb, it's the easiest way now. select from pc and your device will go to download/recovery.
Regards.

Reactions: nfaruk

Top Liked Posts