Search This thread

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
OnePlus 6
The posted Link above is from the wiki and it's 1.38.00.10
But your linked file is named RADIO_1.38.00.10_Only_SSPL.rar.
I'm just wondering what's the "Only SSP" says. Or if i can use the 1.38.00.10 from the Wiki. ;)

Its the same file.

The filenaming scheme is that it is the 1.38.00.10 radio only. And it uses des's SSPL to push the radio to the device. I didn't mention this info in the guide as i see no reason to.

Just follow the guide word for word and you will be fine! :D

Last edited:

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
OnePlus 6
@MrVanx
When I try to run the ROMUpgrade for the HardSPL v4, I get the following:
"To run this application, you must first install one of the following versions od .NET Framework: v2.0.50727"

I went to M$ site and I am faced with 3 versions of v2 .NET framework:
x86 version - 280mb
x64 version - 610mb
IA64 version

These are mighty big files that will take forever to download

Please advise.

Thnx,
Hasan J.

further-
found the link for v3 .NET Framework:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/d/a/4da3a5fa-ee6a-42b8-8bfa-ea5c4a458a7d/dotnetfx3setup.exe

installer 2.8mb
v3 .NET Framework 54mb

downloading now

The guide CLEARLY has the link to the .net 2.0 framework. As it states you NEED this to run the RUU (Rom Upgrade Utility) files that we used to upgrade. Sorry there is no way around this.

hasanj4

Aug 30, 2005
FYI-

v3 .NET Framework works perfectly.
Link few posts above.

Thnx mrvanx for your guidance to all.

texazzpete

Feb 12, 2007
@mrvanx
Thanks for your excellent guide. In the section to flash nardspl v5 (LVSW Rom) your guide has this;

For version 1.01MFG use the RED OPTION
For version 1.04,1.06 and 1.09 use the YELLOW OPTION
For version 1.11 use the GREEN OPTION
For versions 1.10.oli,1.11.oli or 1.13.oli use the BLUE OPTION.

i'm already on HardSpl v4 (SPL 1.30 Oli) if i had to guess i'd choose the 'Force Using SSPL' option. that right?

Thanks again!

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
OnePlus 6
@mrvanx
Thanks for your excellent guide. In the section to flash nardspl v5 (LVSW Rom) your guide has this;

For version 1.01MFG use the RED OPTION
For version 1.04,1.06 and 1.09 use the YELLOW OPTION
For version 1.11 use the GREEN OPTION
For versions 1.10.oli,1.11.oli or 1.13.oli use the BLUE OPTION.

i'm already on HardSpl v4 (SPL 1.30 Oli) if i had to guess i'd choose the 'Force Using SSPL' option. that right?

Thanks again!

****, forgot to change that. Yes use the Blue option.

weinson

Nov 22, 2006
Oakland, CA
Goodlink

Not sure whether it was worth integrating into the formal guide ... mrvanx can be the judge of that ... but I put together a little how-to for Goodlink users upgrading from WM5 to WM6 ... see this thread here.

Olipro

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2005
Your SPL
as a blanket statement;

Flash Hard-SPL using the Force-SPL option.

HOWEVER, DO NOT use Force SSPL when flashing anything else, even if it contains a Hard-SPL.

Chatty

Apr 10, 2005
@Olipro: why not? I just upgraded from XDA live 0.20 (having SPL 1.01 MFG on it) to newest LSVW using "Force using SSPL" because I haven't had newest CustomRUU (with SPL auto detection). And all went well.

louisw

Oct 29, 2006
London
On the LVSW page, the link to the ROM thread links to the XDA 0.2 thread instead of the LVSW thread.

By the end of this guide your Hermes will have the following:

* SPL (Bootloader) version 1.35.Olipro (HardSPL v5)
* Radio version 1.38.00.10 (optional)
* ROM version 3.22.110.1 (Windows Mobile 6, LVSW Edition)

Code:
   <li><font face="Arial">
	<a href="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=296722">SPL (Bootloader) 
	version 1.35.Olipro (HardSPL v5)</a></font></li>

<li><font face="Arial">
	<a href="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=297925">Radio version 1.38.00.10</a> 
	(optional)</font></li>
   <li><font face="Arial">
	<a href="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=296126">ROM version 

3.22.110.1 (Windows Mobile 6, LVSW Edition)</a></font></li>

BTW. I read so much but never made the jump until your guide came out. I am on xda live 0.2 but will prob try the other's this weekend.

sco0by

May 3, 2006
London
I followed the first 2 stages of your guide - upgraded to HardSPL v5 and radio 1.38.00.10 with no problems.

I'm on the Upgrading to WMVI Black v1.2 stage but the screen I'm getting does not match the one shown on the guide.

The first screen is the same, I select the green option and tick purple box, but the next screen is saying: "Please be aware that this flasher is intended solely for SPL 1.11 and you MUST have 1.11 Hard-SPL installed in order to flash any unsigned files." This is different from the one shown on the guide.

Did I miss something? I tried rebooting my phone and checking that the SPL version was correct and it shows as 1.35Olipro just like in the guide.

Hopefully I'm missing something obvious, but I thought I'd check as I'm a n00b at this and I dont fancy bricking my phone!

Oh and my phone is a T-Mobile MDA VarioII.

TIA!

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
OnePlus 6
I followed the first 2 stages of your guide - upgraded to HardSPL v5 and radio 1.38.00.10 with no problems.

I'm on the Upgrading to WMVI Black v1.2 stage but the screen I'm getting does not match the one shown on the guide.

The first screen is the same, I select the green option and tick purple box, but the next screen is saying: "Please be aware that this flasher is intended solely for SPL 1.11 and you MUST have 1.11 Hard-SPL installed in order to flash any unsigned files." This is different from the one shown on the guide.

Did I miss something? I tried rebooting my phone and checking that the SPL version was correct and it shows as 1.35Olipro just like in the guide.

Hopefully I'm missing something obvious, but I thought I'd check as I'm a n00b at this and I dont fancy bricking my phone!

Oh and my phone is a T-Mobile MDA VarioII.

TIA!

Good question gimme a sec.....yes should be fine, just tick the box and continue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey people, since it seems to be getting quite popular heres the official thread for the Hermes upgrade guide ive written.
    The guide has now moved to a new host so dont forget to update any links you use!!

The HTC Guide

Individual Hermes guides:

* Currently updating the guides so please check back

Please read the guide word for word and you should be successfull in carrying out the procedures described.
    DO NOT pm me if you have already posted in this thread, i WILL NOT answer you if you do!
    Enjoy ;)