[ROM][WWE][4-08-2009] Neptroni ROM R5 6.5 UC (Build 21500) LOADED!

What backup do you prefer

• PIM Backup

Votes: 192 71.4%
  • Sprite Backup

Votes: 46 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 31 11.5%

• Total voters
Search This thread

neptronix

Dec 6, 2008
Columbus, IN
2nd Releaseng

Sure,

Report of flahing this rom.

flashed trough SD card.

Did a hard reset after flash.

First boot:
Setup seems to take a long time,
Customizing started.
Second boot:
Settings for "vodafone".

Third boot:
Disabled default WM 6.5 interface (sorry, i really don't like it).

Changed the keyboard layout to `Touch Pro'
Installed SPB Mobile Shell 2.1. Working fine

Restarted device.
Installed Opera Mobile. Working fine
Installed Opera mini. (could you replace Java with a version wich you don"t alway have to allow a connection for ervery page you visit?)
Restored contacts with PIM backup.

Restarted device.

Installed "diamond Tweak 0.53"
Made some adjustmends like disable threaded sms and enlarged the ammount of memory for gdi and file cache.
Set up my email account.
Installed Slide 2 Unlock 2 1.52. Working fine
Installed "PDAVIET's HTC audiomanager VGA". Working fine
Tested HTC E100 remote. Working. Even in standby mode.
Tested bluetooth headset. Working.
Installed SPB Watcher.
Increased the sensitivity of the screen.

Restarted device.
Installed File explorer extension.
And finally tested IGO08. Also working fine.

Everything works, but i must say that it does feel kinda slow sometime.

You've done a amazing job. If you could find a way to increase the speed of this rom, it would be amazing.:cool:

Thanks for feedback. In second release, I will be making adjustments to file cache, etc. Testing various settings now. Will be installing Diamond Tweak, PIM Backup and some other modificaitons.

mumboender

Jun 18, 2007
Simi Valley, CA
OnePlus One
OnePlus 3
Blackberry Connect is a no go

Probably doesn't matter to most but those who do use it...I cannot get blackberry connect to connect with this ROM...it initially connects, which is strange and hopeful, but after I provision the device it won't maintain the data connection. I have changed the AKU and everything but no go.

Too bad because it looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for the chef for pushing the envelope!

Papa Grizzly

May 15, 2008
Exchange 2003

I know there is an issue with 6.5 and Exchange 2003 servers. Activesync 4.5 will sync Contacts, Calendar and Tasks, but NO EMAIL. I hope this gets worked out, as I love the rom.

neptronix

Dec 6, 2008
Columbus, IN
Everyones Opinion

Would like everyones input on this. I have noticed that the default settings for File System Cache, Filter Cache, and Glyph settings seem to me to be as fast as changing them to the traditional "tweaked" settings. What are your experiences?

Pilaf

May 27, 2008
I've download and instal it.
First impression: HOUAH:eek:. GREAT JOB:).
I continu test it. Thanks.

Pilaf

May 27, 2008
Landscape mode is slow.
I have an azerty keyboard but after change regestry and instal the cab "shlomki fuze to pro" the fn touch don't work? Any idea?
No bugs for now.
I have instaled all my programs and all's working good.
Some tweak's with tf3d config, tweak and advance config.
Very good work.
I don't have tried tomtom 7.915.
Thank's for this rom.

neptronix

Dec 6, 2008
Columbus, IN
Tom Tom

Landscape mode is slow.
I have an azerty keyboard but after change regestry and instal the cab "shlomki fuze to pro" the fn touch don't work? Any idea?
No bugs for now.
I have instaled all my programs and all's working good.
Some tweak's with tf3d config, tweak and advance config.
Very good work.
I don't have tried tomtom 7.915.
Thank's for this rom.

I can confirm Tom Tom works great......Fast locks, install with no problem.

mykwalkr

Dec 27, 2008
Cocoa Beach
NATF had a fix for that error

Will check into the CV soon, but I have never gotten it to work on mine since i purchased last year. Even with the Stock Rom, Always told me not supported.

I believe NATF had a fix for that particular error and he use to have it posted on his first couple of postings....could not relocate it though. Maybe PM him?

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
looks sweet. I see you got the HTC Menu Enhancements working with WM6.5. Can you upload the OEM package for this?

I've also had a failed attempt at getting the new Notification Manager working either. I think they're reliant on gwes.exe but I haven't found a version that works with WM6.5 properly. If you got the Menu Enhancements working, is the Notification Manager also working?

wshader

Sep 24, 2007
Albany, NY
Will be testing this out... just so you know Core Player isn't freeware and someone might have an issue with it being in yourrom. I made a Kaiser Rom before with it in and people chewed me out

neptronix

Dec 6, 2008
Columbus, IN
Ok thankshat

Will be testing this out... just so you know Core Player isn't freeware and someone might have an issue with it being in yourrom. I made a Kaiser Rom before with it in and people chewed me out

Ok, thanks for letting me know. I always knew it as being freeware, when did that change? My mistake, I see I listed Core Player, not Core Pocket Player, which is different. I actually had TCMP (Core pocket Player) installed, which is freeware. I appreciate you watching my back.

Last edited:

neptronix

Dec 6, 2008
Columbus, IN
Notifiation

looks sweet. I see you got the HTC Menu Enhancements working with WM6.5. Can you upload the OEM package for this?

I've also had a failed attempt at getting the new Notification Manager working either. I think they're reliant on gwes.exe but I haven't found a version that works with WM6.5 properly. If you got the Menu Enhancements working, is the Notification Manager also working?

So far all notifications have been working for me. What exactly wasnt working on yours that you had problem with? I will test.

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
So far all notifications have been working for me. What exactly wasnt working on yours that you had problem with? I will test.

The Menu Enhancements and Notification Manager simply would not work at all with my tests with WM6.5

I'm currently using Da_G's 21193 kitchen but again, the Menus and Notification enhancements won't work. That's why I asked if you would post your OEM packages from your kitchen.

mike19722

Oct 13, 2007
NW Subs of Chicago
!!!!

WOW...I was running Da_g's 6.5 and is a really nice rom ....Yours WOW

No Problems what so ever...
I'm N.W. Subs in Illinois ...good to see someone close (somewhat):D

Peace
Mike

neptronix

Dec 6, 2008
Columbus, IN
Menu Enhancements

The Menu Enhancements and Notification Manager simply would not work at all with my tests with WM6.5

I'm currently using Da_G's 21193 kitchen but again, the Menus and Notification enhancements won't work. That's why I asked if you would post your OEM packages from your kitchen.

Ok, getting ready to go to bed, but will send package tomroow. Yes, I had problems with the built in one, and it was one of the things I took so long on last night before posting this thing today. lol. Just made some new test changes I think everyone will like. :D