[Review][Nexus 5][TPU Case]Cruzerlite Bugdroid Circuit - Black

Search This thread

antiker1

Dec 28, 2011
Manufacturer: Cruzerlite

Case: Bugdroid Circuit (Nexus 5)

Color: Black

Description (summary of the cruzerlite description): Shock absorbent and scratch resistant thermoplastic premium polyurethane case with custom designed Android print on the back.

Overall impression and build quality: The build quality of this case is excellent. The best i've seen so far. The case itself is glossy whereas the back has some some kind of a soft touch surface with an Android print.

Cutouts: All cutouts are on the right place with the right dimension. You still have the click-response when you press the power button or the volume rocker. The power button feels more solid with the case. At the beginning it might be a little bit unusual for you to press the buttons because the case is a little bit higher than the button itself. In my opinion it feels much better with the case.

Screen protector compatibility: Yes, this case might lift up your screen protector if you don't adjust your screen protector precisely. It depends on your screen protector though. I've had that problem but fixed it with a few adjustments of the screen protector.

Headphone jack: All of my headphones are compatible with this case. The headphone jack cutout seems to be big enough.

I would definitely buy it again. It looks just amazing!

If you've questions don't hesitate to ask me ;)

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 1,591
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 1,636
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 1,787
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 1,722
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 1,602
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,531
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 1,447
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 1,376
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 1,156
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,217
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 1,278
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 1,224
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 1,175
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 1,225
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 1,119
Last edited:
Reactions: motobird

NJ_RAMS_FAN

Sep 28, 2011
North Bergen, NJ

Case: Bugdroid Circuit

Description (summary of the cruzerlite description): Shock absorbent and scratch resistant thermoplastic premium polyurethane case with custom designed Android print on the back.

Overall impression and build quality: The build quality of this case is excellent. The best i've seen so far. The case itself is glossy whereas the back has some some kind of a soft touch surface with an Android print.

Cutouts: All cutouts are on the right place with the right dimension. You still have the click-response when you press the power button or the volume rocker. The power button feels more solid with the case. At the beginning it might be a little bit unusual for you to press the buttons because the case is a little bit higher than the button itself. In my opinion it feels much better with the case.

Screen protector compatibility: Yes, this case might lift up your screen protector if you don't adjust your screen protector precisely. It depends on your screen protector though. I've had that problem but fixed it with a few adjustments of the screen protector.

Headphone jack: All of my headphones are compatible with this case. The headphone jack cutout seems to be big enough.

This one looks cool. might pick one up for my replacement nexus 5.

augoza

Feb 4, 2010
I like it but I don't use it that much anymore. I was caseless for about a month and I never came close to dropping my phone once. After day 1 I dropped the phone for the first time with the case on. It's a bit slippery. I find the phone itself naked is very grippy. The black N5 at least. So I use the case when I want to set the phone down on its back. So I don't scratch the rim around the camera lens. Don't get me wrong the case protects the phone good, I just think the natural form of the phone is easier to handle.

NJ_RAMS_FAN

Sep 28, 2011
North Bergen, NJ
I like it but I don't use it that much anymore. I was caseless for about a month and I never came close to dropping my phone once. After day 1 I dropped the phone for the first time with the case on. It's a bit slippery. I find the phone itself naked is very grippy. The black N5 at least. So I use the case when I want to set the phone down on its back. So I don't scratch the rim around the camera lens. Don't get me wrong the case protects the phone good, I just think the natural form of the phone is easier to handle.

when you have a three year old, you need protection. :eek:

antiker1

Dec 28, 2011
right. i'm driving with the subway and bus every day and need some kind of protection for my investment. i'm always on the run. and i don't think the case is too slippery. but thats just my opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

_jordan_

Oct 2, 2013
How well does this case cover the bezel and edges?

I returned the rearth fusion because it didn't cover the bezels and felt loose m

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

antiker1

Dec 28, 2011
How well does this case cover the bezel and edges?

I returned the rearth fusion because it didn't cover the bezels and felt loose m

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

in my case, pretty good. here are a few more pictures ...

Attachments

• P1070083.jpg
    P1070083.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 490
  • P1070085.jpg
    P1070085.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 471
  • P1070087.jpg
    P1070087.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 451
  • P1070089.jpg
    P1070089.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 447
  • P1070090.jpg
    P1070090.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 398
  • P1070091.jpg
    P1070091.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 392
  • P1070092.jpg
    P1070092.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 382
  • P1070093.jpg
    P1070093.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 380

floepie

Feb 28, 2006
Amsterdam
Are the buttons fairly easy to press? I have the popular Nexus 5 Casemate case, which is also a TPU case with button cutouts. But, the power button was and remains sort of a pain, as it's recessed a bit too far from the outer surface of the case.

antiker1

Dec 28, 2011
Are the buttons fairly easy to press? I have the popular Nexus 5 Casemate case, which is also a TPU case with button cutouts. But, the power button was and remains sort of a pain, as it's recessed a bit too far from the outer surface of the case.

do you mean the case-mate naked tough clear slim case or the one from casology ?

i'd say it depends on the thickness of your fingers and the way you press the buttons. in case of the power button ... for me it's not like i press the button itself. it's more like i apply a litte bit of pressure on the case with my thumb to press the power button. since the button itself is surrounded by the case on all sides, only the middle area of my thumb goes down to the power button. if i press it like that, i get a louder click as response.

floepie

Feb 28, 2006
Amsterdam
do you mean the case-mate naked tough clear slim case or the one from casology ?

Oh, yeah I meant the one from caseology. That casemate naked case has covered buttons if I'm not mistaken.

i'd say it depends on the thickness of your fingers and the way you press the buttons. in case of the power button ... for me it's not like i press the button itself. it's more like i apply a litte bit of pressure on the case with my thumb to press the power button. since the button itself is surrounded by the case on all sides, only the middle area of my thumb goes down to the power button. if i press it like that, i get a louder click as response.

OK, I have pretty fine fingers, so seems like it shouldn't be a problem.

Lowkey1

Feb 20, 2012
What's the difference between a $1.00 tpu case on ebay? I don't see the difference...

AI0LIA

Dec 30, 2013
Cruzerlite CyanogenMod teal is very very beautiful ;)

Sent from my Google Nexus 5 [DroidKang v19]

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

;)

gemuza4a.jpg

Sent from my Google Nexus 5 [DroidKang v19]

Case: Bugdroid Circuit (Nexus 5)

when you have a three year old, you need protection. :eek:

For sure. Also, you need protection before you have a 3yo