[Q] screen yellow spots flicker when red , dark pink or black colours images appear

Search This thread

ahmedsalah23

Apr 8, 2014
Hey people ! I just purchased my Google nexus 5 the last week ... The second day i bought it , i noticed weird screen yellow small spots flicker that appears whenever i view or browse some images especially that have a red colour ( i even noticed the gmail icon in the menu .. Which had red color .. And it also showed 3 small yellow spots ) .. In case of viewing a video , it was worse .. Jumping yellow sopots that flickers .. Especially in high quality videos .. Also games , any game that show red color or its grades , Also experiences the same problem .. I thought of replacement but unfortunately i bought the mobile from a country and then traveled to another country the same day and Their warranty doesn't exist in the country I'm in now .. And i won't be back there until a very long time .. So I'm very annoyed and really want a quick fix for this issue as its really irritating me and i dont wanna wait or go to LG here and pay some money to fix it .. And i couldnt find a better place than here to help me so please people of the xda help meeeeeeee !!

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
Hello,

First of all it's against the rules to bump topics within 24 hours of your previous post.
Now about your problem, it does look like a hardware defect to me. You could try to factory reset it but if it's a hardware related, you can't do anything other than replacing the screen/faulty part...