**Bootlooping Network Problem *FIX INSIDE*

Search This thread

Rafier

Jul 22, 2012
Thanks

:victory:
Got caught in the nightmarish bootloop. If it weren't for xda I would have returned my phone and I have had it since last November.

Sax1031

Dec 29, 2011
I have a question. Yesterday Verizon was having problems with service in Columbia, SC. My phone couldn't make or receive calls. Before realizing that the problem was on Verizon's end I was thinking something was wrong with my phone. I recently did the OTA for ICS. So I wanted to check to see if the problem I was having was related to the bootlooping problem.

Every time I tried to dial the *#*#4636#*#* number nothing would happen. I even pulled the sim(like I would do to fix the bootloop) and fired the phone up and tried to dial the #. Nothing happened again.

Can anyone confirm the *#*#4636#*#* works with ICS?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A factory reset is NOT needed!!

---------------------------------------------
    i decided to do a fresh restart of my phone so i poewred it down, and did a battery pull after the phone was completely off. turned it back on, gets to lock screen, i unlock......sits..loading...screen goes black, and whattya know, white HTC splash screen. a few times. it's bootlooping!

Basically, with the cover off, it stopped bootlooping..therefore, it was a NETWORK ISSUE.

EDIT* this WORKED! anyone who has this issue please do the following: (source http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-rezound/184994-rezound-stuck-boot-loop.html)

STEP 1: TAKE BATTERY COVER OFF. this will prevent the phone from trying to connect to the network.

*#*#4636#*#* Under phone info you will find that the network is factory set to WCDMA Preferred... I guess the SIM card decides sometime along the way that it doesn't like that much... Setting the network to CDMA EVDO/LTE - Auto completely corrects the problem

another poster said that after you do this, hit home, power down the phone, pull sim card out, put it back in, then reset it. i didn't do this; i just went back, put the battery cover on, it froze like usual, reset itself, and now it's working perfectly.

**UPDATE** A few people are saying that along with taking off their battery cover, they have to REMOVE THEIR SIM CARD AS WELL! i did not have to do this, but some people did. take that into consideration!

(brockeverly stated:
    You may have to take your SIM out for this to work. I did even with the back off. Aside from that, this works fantastic.)

for some reason, this is what happens: under phone info, as it says, it will reset to WCDMA Preferred for NO reason whatsoever! this must have happened when i shut my phone down; other people are reporting that doing "reboot" does this frequently for them! this is the first time in my month of ownership i saw this happen, so this was new to me...but thankfully, we have a fix!

As another way of doing this, Marclile said:

"For anyone interested, you can download this app and get straight into that config menu.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.geoffreybuttercrumbs.lteswitch

I use it to switch from "CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto" to "CDMA auto (PRL)". The CDMA auto setting doesn't seem to have the reboot problem, so you should be able to put it on that if you don't want 4G turned on all the time."
    Latest response from HTC that I got yesterday.

Thank you for your response Mike.

HTC is aware of the issue with power cycling and our developers are currently assessing this important matter. At this time I do not yet have the ETA to provide you for an update, however it is an issue of critical importance and the development team is working diligently to correct this for all users of the Rezound.

In preparation for a possible maintenance release, make sure that your phone has the most up to date software available. This will ensure that when updates are available that your phone will be able to install them immediately.

To check your ROM version and see the details of the last update please visit the official HTC web portal at http://www.htc.com/us/support/rezound-verizon/downloads/ .

I deeply regret any inconvenience this may cause Mike, and hope that an update is available for you soon to correct this troubling issue. Thank you for your patience and cooperation while we help you to restore your phone to a fully functional state.
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-rezound/184994-rezound-stuck-boot-loop.html

EDIT* this WORKED! anyone who has this issue please do the following:

*#*#4636#*#* Under phone info you will find that the network is factory set to WCDMA Preferred... I guess the SIM card decides sometime along the way that it doesn't like that much... Setting the network to CDMA EVDO/LTE - Auto completely corrects the problem

another poster said that after you do this, hit home, power down the phone, pull sim card out, put it back in, then reset it. i didn't do this; i just went back, put the battery cover on, it froze like usual, reset itself, and now it's working perfectly. holy hell this god damn phone just gave me a heart attack!

for some reason, this is what happens: under phone info, as it says, it will reset to WCDMA Preferred for NO reason whatsoever! this must have happened when i shut my phone down; other people are reporting that doing "reboot" does this frequently for them! this is the first time in my month of ownership i saw this happen, so this was new to me...but thankfully, we have a fix!
    For anyone interested, you can download this app and get straight into that config menu.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.geoffreybuttercrumbs.lteswitch

I use it to switch from "CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto" to "CDMA auto (PRL)". The CDMA auto setting doesn't seem to have the reboot problem, so you should be able to put it on that if you don't want 4G turned on all the time.
    You may have to take your SIM out for this to work. I did even with the back off. Aside from that, this works fantastic.