Att G2 recovery..

Search This thread

Skizzy034

Mar 10, 2010
Amsterdam, NY
www.facebook.com
I may be getting a G2 from someone. I'm just wondering if it is still possible to install twrp. He said the build number ends in jdq39b.

Also, the att version is the D800 right?

Skizzy034 (formerly SkizzMcNizz)

Nicamarcel1

Mar 25, 2012
worcester
Brother check if its not a chinese version! You might get scam.... by baying a phone even if people can changed the built.pro to change information to make it seing like an USA phone still behing the battery its all you need to make sure if that is removed don't buy it.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

hydeah

Nov 19, 2011
New York
I may be getting a G2 from someone. I'm just wondering if it is still possible to install twrp. He said the build number ends in jdq39b.

Also, the att version is the D800 right?

Skizzy034 (formerly SkizzMcNizz)

D800 comes with D80010d version installed, then you get forced into getting 10o by AT&T.
If yours comes with 10d, make sure to root asap and then disable OTA, otherwise there are a lot of problems posted in both Root Your G2 thread and Install TWRP thread. There are people who got it rooted & recovery installed fairly problem-free, then there are others who ran into problems.

Knowing my luck, I decided to wait until there is a solid solution for TWRP on 10o.
Rooting is no problem as posted by the developer in the thread after ioroot15. If yours comes with 10o and if you root + install recovery, keep us posted.

When are you supposed to receive yours?

Last edited:

votinh

Jul 6, 2011
You should have quoted the OP, not mine, but anyway, just to let everyone know that LG does NOT force customer into getting new update. It is there and it is a customers' choice to run the update or NOT.

hydeah

Nov 19, 2011
New York
You should have quoted the OP, not mine, but anyway, just to let everyone know that LG does NOT force customer into getting new update. It is there and it is a customers' choice to run the update or NOT.

LG does not, but AT&T does. Since OP is buying one from AT&T, it is very likely it will come OTA pre-installed.
In my case, AT&T forced me, along with other (read reports) to take the OTA. We were given a notice of update being available, and knowing that it messes up certain things root-related, I did not take it, I delayed it as much as possible, until one reboot, it said "wait, updating...."..