[Q] Xposed causing random rebooting?

Search This thread

Boot329

Jun 13, 2010
Atlanta
Hello everyone,

I've been using xposed module with no problems until recently I installed the "xMultiWindow" , "Floating Window/App", and "Simple Battery Percentage" through the xposed module.

Now my phone randomly reboots every 5 minutes.. I uninstalled the apps..uninstalled xposed.. and performed a data wipe.. which works until I install xposed.. which continues to randomly reboot.

I have NO idea on how to approach this so any pointers are greatly appreciated! :laugh:

rbouza1

May 16, 2013
Google Pixel 6
Hello everyone,

I've been using xposed module with no problems until recently I installed the "xMultiWindow" , "Floating Window/App", and "Simple Battery Percentage" through the xposed module.

Now my phone randomly reboots every 5 minutes.. I uninstalled the apps..uninstalled xposed.. and performed a data wipe.. which works until I install xposed.. which continues to randomly reboot.

I have NO idea on how to approach this so any pointers are greatly appreciated! :laugh:

how do you have installation set? to system or recovery? maybe cha ge that and try

Crew One

Aug 29, 2009
I must say, I have *exactly* the same.

I got a brand new, stock, M8. Rooted it. It ran fine.

Then installed xposed (using TWRP) and the random rebooting started.

Tried rebooting in safe mode and doing a cache wipe, no effect.

Even after un-installing Xposed, the rebooting continued. Only a factory reset fixed it.

After the factory reset, I re-installed all my apps - phone ran fine.

Only after installing Xposed framework (no modules!) the phone starts to random reboot - again.

ab.riyami

Nov 29, 2011
I have a similar issue, phone reboots every minute but only when I uninstalled Xprivacy, I tried wiping cache and dalvik cache but it didnt work, I didnt uninstall Xposed, only disabled and uninstalled Xprivacy.

but I reckon the issues are similar.