ROM Factory [v1.7.1][apk][May/12/2012]

Search This thread

samcripp

Retired Recognized Developer
May 20, 2010
Sanford
NEWrf.png
SUPPORTED DEVICES:
olympus (atrix), sunfire (photon), triumph, WX435, fb0 (triumph), p999 (lg g2x), p990 (lg o2x), p970 (lg optimus black), ace (htc desired hd), pyramid (htc sensation), galaxys2, GT-I9100, GT-I9100M, GT-I9100T, SGH-I777, SGH-I727, hercules, crespo (nexus s), crespo4g (nexus s 4g), toro (cdma galaxy nexus), maguro (gsm galaxy nexus), umts_jordan(defy), wingray, stingray (xoom)
EXPERIMENTAL SUPPORT:
Coming Soon in ROM Factory 2
INSTRUCTIONS, F.A.Q., AND RELEASE NOTES:
Instructions
(Located on the [2nd]second post)
F.A.Q.
Release Notes
(Located on the [3rd]third post)
WARNING:
This application is distributed as is. I do massive testing to make sure this application works correctly; but the possibility of device damage always exist. This is true to anything you do with your device. I am not responsible for any or all the damage this may/could cause your device.

Last edited:

samcripp

May 20, 2010
Sanford
INSTRUCTIONS:
Before you begin, make sure your device is supported, and the device is rooted.

1. Download and install the application.

2. To create the ROM press the "Create a ROM" button on the main tab of the application.

3. To install the ROM created, simply go into CWM and install it like any other.
F.A.Q.
What is ROM Factory?
Its a tool that will allow the user to create a picture perfect .img from your boot and system partition. It will then create an update.zip from it.
What is a "Fruit Cake"?
A fruit cake is the finish product, a self contain rom, already ready for installation, already inside an update.zip.
So really what does it do?
It allows a bootloader unlocked user to create a full copy of their boot and system partition. All of it, including mods and changes done to either one of those partitions.
Can this be use for easier rom development?
Yes! Beyond just its normal capabilities! After installing the resources you can modify the script and add things to it in *sdcard* /fcm/workdir! Once you are done adding and changing things in there, press "Create ROM".​

Last edited:

samcripp

May 20, 2010
Sanford
RELEASE NOTES:

All bugs please report them at the project home!
http://zombidev.info/romfactory

Legend: # Current Release | + Future Release | [] Past Release| - Current Feature | -- Possible Feature | * Bug Fixed

Code:
#ROM Factory 1.7(Current Release)
    - Auto-lock: Locks the application during ROM creation
    - UI Tweaks: Added a finish() method to ease reloading of variables
    + New EULA, First Installation screen.
    + Dropbox integration has started!

FCM RC4 v1.5

-GUI Enhancements
        Multiple Screen Size support
        Tablet Support
        A new themed layout
        NO MORE ADS 
    -Script Engine Enhancements
        Options, ie: Dev name, rom name, save rom preferences. 
    -Performance
        Complete Re-write of the install and create methods (faster performance)
        The reset button is bye bye! The app will now erase the workdir as it creates the rom! 

[]M RC3 v1.4(Old)
-Added Reset Option Menu.
-Re-write the engine that configures the phone install!
*fixed a bug on photon 4g.
*fixed the force close of doom bug.

Added Experimental Support:
triumph, WX435, fb0, p999, p990, p970, ace, pyramid, galaxys2, GT-I9100, GT-I9100M, GT-I9100T, SGH-I777, SGH-I727, hercules, crespo, crespo4g, toro, maguro

[]FCM RC2 v1.3(Outdated)
-recognizes the phone, and OS version
*ATRIX BUG: on 2.3.4 and 2.3.5 it will now save again on sdcard-ext
-Added on screen information about device
*Fixed Force Close (i hope)

[]FCM RC2 v1.2(Outdated)
-leave the app and work will continue in the background!!
-progress bar added, and toast notifications are back!
-all roms supported (cm7, cm9, miui, all of them fool!)
-Internal Storage Support

[]FCM RC1 v1.1.1 (Outdated)
*fix force close(created a separate thread to run the installation of resources and creation of the fruit cake.)

[]FCM RC1 v1.1 (First Release)
-supports atrix and photon
-will generate update.zip based on official roms (cm7 support not yet added)

Last edited:

Bert.C

Aug 21, 2010
Bug:
The force close dialog box that is a known bug has not wait option and then closes the app by itself.

Phone specs:
Orange UK,
Dorian RedPill hybrid RC1 cm7 rom.

Screenshot...
4e928a20-1a7d-d6f6.jpg

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

IUH1991

Aug 23, 2011
Ottawa
Bug:
The force close dialog box that is a known bug has not wait option and then closes the app by itself.

Phone specs:
Orange UK,
Dorian RedPill hybrid RC1 cm7 rom.

Screenshot...
4e928a20-1a7d-d6f6.jpg

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

Check the changelog, CM is not supported yet. You can only make fruit cakes of Blur-based ROMS with this version of the app.

TheSmokingAndroid

Apr 2, 2010
Victoria
AHA!! So that's what it does...rofl

sam, awesome awesome job man, what a bloody great idea. This will not only contribute to the rom's available for photon and atrix but also every other android out there...in theory im assuming...=)

I also have a question. Once you have "created" your fruit cake, does it "bake" the custom kernel into it as well?

Last edited:

samcripp

May 20, 2010
Sanford
AHA!! So that's what it does...rofl

sam, awesome awesome job man, what a bloody great idea. This will not only contribute to the rom's available for photon and atrix but also every other android out there...in theory im assuming...=)

I also have a question. Once you have "created" your fruit cake, does it "bake" the custom kernel into it as well?

anything currently held inside mccblk0p11 << kernel and mmcblk0p12 << system

Reactions: msd24200 and frigid

slojko

Oct 30, 2011
Wow this makes everything so much easier! Im just glad to see my icon on a actual app.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEWrf.png
    SUPPORTED DEVICES:
    olympus (atrix), sunfire (photon), triumph, WX435, fb0 (triumph), p999 (lg g2x), p990 (lg o2x), p970 (lg optimus black), ace (htc desired hd), pyramid (htc sensation), galaxys2, GT-I9100, GT-I9100M, GT-I9100T, SGH-I777, SGH-I727, hercules, crespo (nexus s), crespo4g (nexus s 4g), toro (cdma galaxy nexus), maguro (gsm galaxy nexus), umts_jordan(defy), wingray, stingray (xoom)
    EXPERIMENTAL SUPPORT:
    Coming Soon in ROM Factory 2
    INSTRUCTIONS, F.A.Q., AND RELEASE NOTES:
    Instructions
    F.A.Q.
    Release Notes
    (Located on the [3rd]third post)
    WARNING:
    This application is distributed as is. I do massive testing to make sure this application works correctly; but the possibility of device damage always exist. This is true to anything you do with your device. I am not responsible for any or all the damage this may/could cause your device.
    INSTRUCTIONS:
    Before you begin, make sure your device is supported, and the device is rooted.

1. Download and install the application.

2. To create the ROM press the "Create a ROM" button on the main tab of the application.

3. To install the ROM created, simply go into CWM and install it like any other.
    F.A.Q.
    What is ROM Factory?
    Its a tool that will allow the user to create a picture perfect .img from your boot and system partition. It will then create an update.zip from it.
    What is a "Fruit Cake"?
    A fruit cake is the finish product, a self contain rom, already ready for installation, already inside an update.zip.
    So really what does it do?
    It allows a bootloader unlocked user to create a full copy of their boot and system partition. All of it, including mods and changes done to either one of those partitions.
    Can this be use for easier rom development?
    Yes! Beyond just its normal capabilities! After installing the resources you can modify the script and add things to it in *sdcard* /fcm/workdir! Once you are done adding and changing things in there, press "Create ROM".​
    RELEASE NOTES:

All bugs please report them at the project home!
    http://zombidev.info/romfactory

Legend: # Current Release | + Future Release | [] Past Release| - Current Feature | -- Possible Feature | * Bug Fixed

Code:
    #ROM Factory 1.7(Current Release)
        - Auto-lock: Locks the application during ROM creation
        - UI Tweaks: Added a finish() method to ease reloading of variables
        + New EULA, First Installation screen.
        + Dropbox integration has started!

FCM RC4 v1.5

-GUI Enhancements
            Multiple Screen Size support
            Tablet Support
            A new themed layout
            NO MORE ADS 
        -Script Engine Enhancements
            Options, ie: Dev name, rom name, save rom preferences. 
        -Performance
            Complete Re-write of the install and create methods (faster performance)
            The reset button is bye bye! The app will now erase the workdir as it creates the rom! 

[]M RC3 v1.4(Old)
    -Added Reset Option Menu.
    -Re-write the engine that configures the phone install!
    *fixed a bug on photon 4g.
    *fixed the force close of doom bug.

Added Experimental Support:
    triumph, WX435, fb0, p999, p990, p970, ace, pyramid, galaxys2, GT-I9100, GT-I9100M, GT-I9100T, SGH-I777, SGH-I727, hercules, crespo, crespo4g, toro, maguro

[]FCM RC2 v1.3(Outdated)
    -recognizes the phone, and OS version
    *ATRIX BUG: on 2.3.4 and 2.3.5 it will now save again on sdcard-ext
    -Added on screen information about device
    *Fixed Force Close (i hope)

[]FCM RC2 v1.2(Outdated)
    -leave the app and work will continue in the background!!
    -progress bar added, and toast notifications are back!
    -all roms supported (cm7, cm9, miui, all of them fool!)
    -Internal Storage Support

[]FCM RC1 v1.1.1 (Outdated)
    *fix force close(created a separate thread to run the installation of resources and creation of the fruit cake.)

[]FCM RC1 v1.1 (First Release)
    -supports atrix and photon
    -will generate update.zip based on official roms (cm7 support not yet added)
    Yes, some minor technical issues. I'm hoping to have it all corrected in the coming days. As well with an update. Man, 1 step forward, 10 backwards.
    1.6 - The update that took a month. Will be release today. This will be amazing. I'm just waiting on testers.

Advance Mode
    Apps Mode
    Back Up Mode

New look

Open Source components

New site, new forums, new devices.

The update will be made available late tonight or early tomorrow. Depends on how tire I am after i get off work.

We are alive and kicking. Since release, Fruit Cake Maker has been downloaded 1,956 times. We are 556 active developers. A total of 12 bugs have been crushed. We currently work on 20+ devices and devices variants.

Nightlys and experimental.

Starting Feb 1st or 2nd. My build bot will begin auto compiling nightlys for those who want to experiment with the latest changes. Nightlys will be compile each night and made available no later than midnight.

An experimental build will begin to be compile mid Feb. the build will be compile every friday at 6pm. The experimental build will feture a different preference screen, and will require the user to specify all the variables. ie: boot location, system location, storage, mode. so on. This build aims at enthusiast who wish to use the tool on a non supported device.

FCM now has requirements. Busybox must be installed to use the back up mode.

Thank guys for your support.