[Q] Need help with installing ICS on Defy+

Search This thread

M0nte_Crist0

Apr 15, 2012
I recently bought Defy+ with 2.3.5. and i want to install ICS but i don't understand a thing about SBF files, Nandroid stuff. Rooting and installing custom ROM-s doesn't seem to be a problem only this thing about upgrading and downgrading SBF is what I dont understand.

Can anybody explain me in simplest way what are SBF files and how to put ICS on my phone.

Auris 1.6 vvt-i

Oct 5, 2011
Plovdiv
Just stay away from flashing SBF files and you'll be fine and will always be able to go back to stock.

NB! The only SBF you should ever flash, is your STOCK SBF! If you obey this rule, you'll be just fine ;)

P.S. This post was written in font size 7 for a reason ;) and the reason is not that I'm yelling. It's just because many people here listen to other newby's, advising them to flash this or that SBF and then can't go back. It's for your own good, guys :)

Last edited:
Reactions: M0nte_Crist0

bone101

Jan 6, 2012
First go and find your stock(faktory)rom then look if you have red(bayer) or green (SOC) camera lens

root your phone
install 2nd init or use twrp from goo-inside or goomanager app
Boot into cwm recovery

Make a backup of your stock rom

Now you can go back via recovery system to your own setup whenever you want to
Just wipe data , look for the right kernel and restore your backup

You can flash your orginal sbf with rsd lite whenever you want and your phone is nearley like a new one.
Maybe some infos are stored on phone what you have flashed on
Said by moto service center gerany

If youre speak german look ib android-hilfe.de

You do all fron your own risk :)

Sent from my multiboot cm9+ms2ginger4 beta MB525 red lens using XDA App

Last edited:

M0nte_Crist0

Apr 15, 2012
So I do this:

1. Root phone
2. Install 2nd init
3.Backup of my stock ROM

And than install ICS like it is explained here.

And if I want to return stock ROM I just find backup file on my computer and install it with rsd lite.

Auris 1.6 vvt-i

Oct 5, 2011
Plovdiv
No need to backup your original ROM - that's what your stock SBF is for ;) By flashing it, you will return your original system, that was installed by Motorola and will remove 2nd init, root and all traces of ever manipulating your phone ;)

vis_9

Jan 8, 2011
Just stay away from flashing SBF files and you'll be fine and will always be able to go back to stock.

NB! The only SBF you should ever flash, is your STOCK SBF! If you obey this rule, you'll be just fine ;)

That's the safest way! However, you can't always find your original SBF (e.g. my original rom is 45.0.74.MB526.Retail.en.DE, 4.5.1-134 DFP-74).
You can download the available SBF for defy+ here: h**p://sbf.droid-developers.org/umts_jordanplus/list.php

Last edited:

M0nte_Crist0

Apr 15, 2012
So if i want to take my phone to service i just download 2.3.5 Motorola Stock ROM and flash it like normal.

What is difference between flashing ROM and SBF files?

And you told me that only SBF i should flash is my stock SBF but want i change my SBF files when i flash ICS?

oSandmaNo

Mar 16, 2011
Bangalore
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I have a nandroid of the stock rom that came with my phone.. how do I see what build version it is? Im on cm7.2. I cant restore it because of hash errors. So if i find out build info i can flash that particular sbf

Sent from my MB526 using XDA

vis_9

Jan 8, 2011
What is difference between flashing ROM and SBF files?

If you flash just the ROM, the kernel and the other files will be the same and most important you won't burn eFuses, so you'll be able to come back to older version.

And you told me that only SBF i should flash is my stock SBF but want i change my SBF files when i flash ICS?

Auris 1.6 vvt-i told you to flash your stock SBF to avoid burning eFuses and because in this way you will never have problems with warranty (some versions could be not available in your country). You don't need to flash full SBF before upgrading to ICS, just check the kernel and flash the right version.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

P.S. This post was written in font size 7 for a reason ;) and the reason is not that I'm yelling. It's just because many people here listen to other newby's, advising them to flash this or that SBF and then can't go back. It's for your own good, guys :)
    No need to backup your original ROM - that's what your stock SBF is for ;) By flashing it, you will return your original system, that was installed by Motorola and will remove 2nd init, root and all traces of ever manipulating your phone ;)

That's the safest way! However, you can't always find your original SBF (e.g. my original rom is 45.0.74.MB526.Retail.en.DE, 4.5.1-134 DFP-74).
    You can download the available SBF for defy+ here: h**p://sbf.droid-developers.org/umts_jordanplus/list.php