One Click install TWRP Recovery, then root

Search This thread

princem131

Dec 18, 2006
Columbus, OH
Well honestly I posted the question mainly to have an intellectual conversion regarding allowing this to be in development until a alternate root method is posted.I mean I am not an android developer but I am a systems engineer for twenty years (by this I'm just simply pointing out I am of above average technical skill) and simply because I've always my root method for the past ...I'd estimate about a dozen android models I've rooted found root under development. So some others might miss it too

I was looking in development too....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

aiiee

Mar 4, 2010
I dont know what happened but this did not work, I can still boot my device, but now I have no recovery installed. If I attempt to boot into recovery, i get the red triangle underneath it says *No command* I have tried to research the problem here but no luck in getting TWRP to flash.

Same here, apologies if a fix was posted but I did not see it. Also, Win 764 wouldn't load the Google USB drivers for me, if that's relevant.

aiiee

Mar 4, 2010
Sometimes you need to reboot your PC after installing the drivers.
I'm on Win7 64, and it worked perfect for me, unless the video is simply pure "magic" lol ;)

OK, that worked to an extent. Now it is stuck on the "X" when I reboot. ? Or is it supposed to take a lot longer now than it used to? And no one is questioning whether or not you did it on the video. How is that relevant to my situation now?

CiViCKiDD

Apr 23, 2011
I used this method but don't see SuperSU in the list of installed apps? CPU-Z also says "no" by the 'rooted?' column however if I try to install a signed app it lets me do so without issues.

When I go to terminal I can't even find su (or run it, but initially I thought the installed path wasn't an environment variable).

ATGAdmin

Feb 25, 2012
Western NY State
www.nyspctech.com
I used this method but don't see SuperSU in the list of installed apps? CPU-Z also says "no" by the 'rooted?' column however if I try to install a signed app it lets me do so without issues.

When I go to terminal I can't even find su (or run it, but initially I thought the installed path wasn't an environment variable).

My guess is that you didn't follow directions completely, and flash the zip file with TWRP at the end. Watch the video. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

CiViCKiDD

Apr 23, 2011
My guess is that you didn't follow directions completely, and flash the zip file with TWRP at the end. Watch the video. ;)

Just read the steps again and you're absolutely right, I didn't...oops! I'll try it out when I get home tonight but I don't foresee any problems, thanks for the assist.

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
I just have to ask this, since curiosity killed the cat. Based on the amount of process steps, how is this "One click"? Not asking out of being scarcastic, but trying to understand the terminology. I will get the N7.2 32gb today and plan on using this method, so not biting the hand the roots me :)

ATGAdmin

Feb 25, 2012
Western NY State
www.nyspctech.com
I just have to ask this, since curiosity killed the cat. Based on the amount of process steps, how is this "One click"? Not asking out of being scarcastic, but trying to understand the terminology. I will get the N7.2 32gb today and plan on using this method, so not biting the hand the roots me :)

Did you watch the video?
Only one file to click ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm NOT responsible if you bork your tablet because you can't follow simple instructions!

I've just made a simple batch file with adb, and the recovery file all in one zip for y'all. ;)
    Make sure you've unlocked your bootloader by following instructions HERE
    1) Download Chainfires latest root and copy to Your Internal SD card on your tablet
    2) Download and install DRIVERS
    3) Download and extract nexus7_2013_recovery_A+.zip to a folder on your PC.
    4) Open folder where you extranted nexus7_2013_recovery.zip
    5) Make sure your tablet is powered on, and connected to the PC, then click on "Nexus7.bat" and follow instructions. (If your PC is installing drivers once it boots into fastboot, WAIT until the drivers are installed before clicking next!)
    6) Be ready and hold volume up as the tablet will restart automatically, keep holding volume up until you reach the TWRP screen
    7) Once in TWRP flash SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.43.zip
    8) when you reboot Superuser will be updated automatically by the Play Store

Enjoy!

BIG thanks to Chainfire for his root, and team win recovery project for their fast work on the recovery!
    07/30/13 Updated SuperSu link to latest revision (ver 1.51).
    07/29/13 Updated SuperSu link to latest revision (ver 1.50).

For those that couldn't find their azzes if a target was painted on it, here's a link to the video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UpcTMTu-5Qc

I'm NOT responsible if you bork your tablet because you can't follow simple instructions!
    Looks like I'm still stuck at step 6. After running ADB reboot recovery, the tablet reboots and I see the dead Android with the red triangle. So I'm guessing Recovery didn't get flashed right.

So I rebooted it again. Ran the Nexus7.bat. It boots to Fastboot okay, and seems to be successfully after pressing enter a couple times. But ADB reboot recovery results in the red triangle again.

Try going directly into recovery right after the batch file finished and restarts your device. I had the same problem if I let my device boot and then reboot into recovery.

I'm ammending the video now to reflect your suggestion about booting right into recovery afterwards...thank you ;)

Cool, glad I could be of some small assistance.
    I got through the first 5 steps. However the tablet rebooted to the OS. At step 6 how do you reboot into recovery?

ADB reboot recovery ;)
    When you say copy chainfire's SU to the SD CARD you mean to the root of the directory you get when you connect via MTP, right? Where the Alarms/Download/Movies/Music etc directories are, right?

I see this syntax used a lot "copy to SD card" when there's not really an SD card, so it's a bit confusing (not just here). Especially since there's no obvious SDcard directory exposed when you connect via MTP to a PC.

Yes, you may want to create a folder in there for organizing all your flashable zips
    When you say copy chainfire's SU to the SD CARD you mean to the root of the directory you get when you connect via MTP, right? Where the Alarms/Download/Movies/Music etc directories are, right?

I see this syntax used a lot "copy to SD card" when there's not really an SD card, so it's a bit confusing (not just here). Especially since there's no obvious SDcard directory exposed when you connect via MTP to a PC.

Yes, your INTERNAL SD CARD ;)