Turning the ATT galaxy s5 into the generic samsung galaxy s5??

Search This thread

KiLLCHOP

Feb 12, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro
Would it be easily possible to change out the firmware/software motherboard with the replacement part found and purchased online, making the phone unlocked assuming the new part came out of or is a new replacement for a non carrier specific S5. If so, anyone know where to find. Ill buy and do it within the next week dep on price. Thanks for any advice!! Also info on different 4g network chips that can handle more frequencies and still work with the firmware (custom or stock)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

sk8trix

May 26, 2011
Hudson county N.J
Would it be easily possible to change out the firmware/software motherboard with the replacement part found and purchased online, making the phone unlocked assuming the new part came out of or is a new replacement for a non carrier specific S5. If so, anyone know where to find. Ill buy and do it within the next week dep on price. Thanks for any advice!! Also info on different 4g network chips that can handle more frequencies and still work with the firmware (custom or stock)

Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium HD app

norbarb

Account currently disabled
Dec 22, 2011

Buy T-Mobil S5, sim unlock it and you can do all of this.

norbarb

Account currently disabled
Dec 22, 2011
That wasn't his questiob..he said ATT TO "GENERIC" NOT TMOBILE !!!! THIS IS WHY THREAD GET OUT OF HAND.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Are you kidding? ??? With what we have on ATT S5 with lock bootloader and no root make genetic phone? He is talking about to replace main board on phone. I think easier way is to buy t-mobile phone. Proof me wrong.

Swiping from dark side of Galaxy S5.

sk8trix

May 26, 2011
Hudson county N.J
Are you kidding? ??? With what we have on ATT S5 with lock bootloader and no root make genetic phone? He is talking about to replace main board on phone. I think easier way is to buy t-mobile phone. Proof me wrong.

Swiping from dark side of Galaxy S5.

the board to replace is still quite expensive besides remember that some variants are slightly different on the inside and the frame might not fit perfectly with the board when you try to put it back together and even if it does i dont know how that will affect the whole ip67 water proof-ness......