[Q] Anyone Know Where Texts & Calendar Data is Stored?

Search This thread

Quantumstate

Feb 6, 2010
I've somehow busted my phone. I was trying to get rid of Motorola Setup so deleted Setup, and now it starts to boot, I get the spinning globe, but then the screen goes black.

I haven't done a backup for three months and I have some pretty important data in this thing. I'm thinking about using fastboot to flash the system.img, but am concerned that this will overwrite texts and calendar.

Has anyone figured out how/where these are stored?

Travisdroidx2

Sep 9, 2011
Bay Area California
Flashing the system.img only should not wipe your data. But there is always risk of something not going well. I am sure I don't need to remind you to make a nano back up in recovery before making changes to your system. ;)

Quantumstate

Feb 6, 2010
Thanks, but a nano backup wants to go into /, which is likely to be wiped when I flash system.

Alright then, I'll use the TWRP file manager to set aside my /data dir to flash and hope that's where everything is.

Now I need a fastboot-flashable version of system.img v4.4.3. Where can I get this? I have 4.4.2 but my current system is 4.4.3.

Anyone know where a fastboot-flashable 4.4.3 image is?

linuxgator

Sep 5, 2011
Moto X4
Samsung Galaxy A50
Thanks, but a nano backup wants to go into /, which is likely to be wiped when I flash system.

Alright then, I'll use the TWRP file manager to set aside my /data dir to flash and hope that's where everything is.

Now I need a fastboot-flashable version of system.img v4.4.3. Where can I get this? I have 4.4.2 but my current system is 4.4.3.

Anyone know where a fastboot-flashable 4.4.3 image is?

Try here. http://sbf.droid-developers.org/download.php?device=0&file=919 Assuming you have the T-Mobile version

Reactions: Quantumstate

Quantumstate

Feb 6, 2010
Thanks, this helped. But now when I boot everything just crash-crash1ty-crash-crashes. Is there something else I can restore to reduce these crashes so I can at least run SuperBackup and get my texts and calendar saved? (I do not trust G**gle and their sync)

Top Liked Posts