[RECOVERY][MOD] BAmod Recovery v1.0 (AMOLED AND SLCD!)

Search This thread

Jazi

Jun 2, 2010
Pomona, CA
Any chance of updtating for CWM 2.5.1.8? :)

It fixed some issues so it flashes 5 point multitouch kernels properly.

jesssiii

Aug 19, 2010
Southern CA
Purple is my favorite color, thanks! !!

Rooted Inc 2.2.1 S-off
LauncherPro +
2.15.00.11.19 Radio
CyanogenMod 6.1.0 Inc
InvisibleK Kernel #28

jesssiii

Aug 19, 2010
Southern CA
Berzerker7,
Don't know if you still check this thread but I pm'ed you and got no reply.
Could you make this mod to work with cwr 3.0.0.8?

Droid Incredible
CM7 Nightly
Incredikernel 3/18/11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was a little tired of the look of recovery (that green is meh). So I decided to build a custom recovery with a little help from adrynalne and from the CM IRC folks with my added touches.

Please note: DO NOT CONSIDER THIS CLOCKWORKMOD. (Yes it's based off of clockworkmod). DO NOT ASK KOUSH for help with this. If you're having a problem, contact me on twitter (@berzerker7), on irc in ##incredibleroms on freenode, or PM me or reply here or something and I'll help you however I can.

The images were also replaced with the ones from the original Incredible recovery image so it matches the incredible look.

Also included is the super trackpad scroll fix from adrynalyne's custom recovery (hence the B and A in the name).

According to testing, this also works fine with ROM Manager!

Droid Red:
    defaultscreens.png
    installa.png

CM Cyan:
    cyan.png

Terminal Green:
    greenoq.png

Royal Purple:
    purplesf.png

Bumblebee Yellow:
    yellowu.png

THIS DOES, IN FACT, WORK FOR SLCD. The kernel support from adrynalyne has SLCD support!

Downloads:
    BAmod Recovery Droid Red: PB31IMG or .img
    BAmod Recovery CM Cyan: PB31IMG or .img
    BAmod Recovery Terminal Green: PB31IMG or .img
    BAmod Recovery Bumblebee Yellow: PB31IMG or .img
    BAmod Recovery Royal Purple: PB31IMG or .img
    revert.zip

Installation instructions:

Start here: these are the steps you need to get BAMod to work with ROM Manager:

1. Open ROM Manager, let it detect whatever it needs to detect.

2. Tap on "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery." It should say "Current Recovery: ClockworkMod 2.5.1.2" (or whatever the newest version is) after that.

3. Proceed to install BAMod recovery using any of the three options listed below.

4. Until there's another CWM update, RM should keep thinking you have the latest CWM installed and it should work fine (tested as I typed this).

Note: If there's ever another update, repeat the installation procedure.

Option 1: Using unrevoked

1. Open the unrevoked tool, choose File > Custom recovery, and choose the BAmod img file.
    2. Run the tool as you did before and it should install the recovery after it's finished.

Option 2: Manually

1. Download the color of your choice and revert.zip from the downloads above.
    2. Push the recovery image and the flash_image binary from revert.zip to /data/local
    3. run the following commands:
    Code:
    adb shell
    # cd /data/local
    # chmod 755 flash_image
    # flash_image recovery BAmod_1.0-<color>.img
    That last command is very important, don't misspell anything and make sure you replace <color> with the color you downloaded (red, cyan, etc.).

Option 3: Using a PB31IMG.zip through HBOOT (S-OFF only)

1. Download the PB31IMG of your choice from the downloads above (green, cyan, etc.) and put it on your SDCard named "PB31IMG.zip"

2. Reboot into HBOOT by doing one of the following:

a. Turn the phone completely off, hold the volume down button, then turn it back on while still holding the volume down button.
    b.
    Code:
    adb reboot oem-42

3. If you did this correctly, HBOOT should detect the PB31IMG.zip and ask you to update listing RECOVERY as the only partition. Choose volume up (yes) and it will complete in about 1-2 seconds.

4. When it asks you to reboot, choose volume down (no) and then volume down again to highlight on recovery and press the power button. The phone should boot into recovery so you can see if it worked or not!

4a. If HBOOT didn't detect the PB31IMG.zip, you either didn't name it correctly (check for hidden file extensions), or your SDCard isn't properly formatted (should be FAT32).

Changelog:

-Initial release
    -Based on CWM 2.5.0.9 from latest koush github.
    -Swapped out for HTC themed recovery images

Special, special thanks to adrynalyne for his kernel support for SLCD and super scrolling, to koush for his awesome recovery and putting up with my stupid questions, and to #cyanogenmod for source building help
    Just used this? Noob question. Is this the exact same thing as clockwork recovery. And is the backup option the same as a nandroid backup?

More or less, its the same. And yes, a nandroid is a backup.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App
    Yeah, I'll look into it