[APP][2.0+] Anti Spy Mobile

Search This thread

pandata000

Mar 9, 2011
Anti Spy Mobile is a an Android scanner that detects and removes spyware apps on your Android device.

The PRO version is now on sale with 50% discount until the end of 2012!

Features:
=================

- detects well-known spy apps (Spy Mobile, GravityMobile Spy, Highster Mobile, EasySpy, etc).
- analyzes the permissions and intent events of all installed apps
- app score base on the analysis warns for suspicious apps
- super fast scanner

A good FREE scanner if you suspect that your phone is spied or just want to check if there are any applications with spy-able permissions.

PRO version includes automatic background scanner, notifications in status bar, installed date, define a list of safe apps.

Requires: Android 2+

home_freeapp_small.png
progress3_small.png
appdetails_small.png

qr-free.png

Free version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.antispycell.free
More info: http://www.antispycell.com

Attachments

• antispyfree.1.8.7.apk
    174.4 KB · Views: 1,970
Last edited:

AndroTech

Sep 30, 2007
does this has any option to restrict application permissions?

does this has any option to restrict application permissions?

pandata000

Mar 9, 2011
Nice one! Is there a way to find who has installed the Spyware on my phone?

The PRO version has an Install date in details applications list, so if you know where was you phone at that date, there's a very good chance to know who has installed it (the install date/time is in your local time) :D

pandata000

Mar 9, 2011
No way from the app. I suppose that you need rooted phone and some kind of observer. Probably there's a solution in the custom ROMS for that ?

The MIUI ROM / Superuser app has ability to restrict permissions of reading phone state, SMS messages, CALLS, dial and answer calls. You can choose between Denied / Allow and Always Ask options - very nice :)

pandata000

Mar 9, 2011
Thank you for the feedback

First I want to thank you both for giving it a try, and providing the valuable feedback.

Catch (com.threebanana.notes) - Not sure if you are referring "Catch Notes Notepad", but it is reported as suspicious because of the boot on startup, record audio, internet access, getting a fine GPS location - which are enough to send your location, and phone calls to internet server. However the app seems stable and will be ignored in the next release.

XBMC Remote - (org.xbmc.android.remote) - Seems safe, listed in Warnings because of start on boot, read and receive of SMS messages. Will be marked as safe in the next release.

NoLed (com.led.notify) - reads GMAIL, reads & receives SMS, start on boot - apparently all permissions are needed for normal operations of the app as described. Will be marked safe in the next release.

GO SMS Pro (com.jb.gosms) - Full range of permissions - read, receive, SMS, MMS, etc., start on boot, record audio and network-based location.
The two that bothers me are record audio, and network-based location. With the abillity of sending and receiving SMS messages it can be used to return GPS location on received SMS to the sender of the SMS. I'm not sure if this is a feature ?:)

pandata000

Mar 9, 2011
A new version that excludes the for apps above has been rolled on Google Play, and will be available for download in the next few hours.

Thanks once again for the feedback !

el_bhm

Jan 25, 2011
Yes. I was referring to the Catch Notes.

Here to consider google has permission on "record phone calls". Believe RECORD_AUDIO is actually needed to work with voice recognition. Seems a bit funky it is not separated into different permissions.

With XBMC I totally don't have problem marking as not spyware since sources are there.

With GO SMS Pro. Yeah, it is a feature for some. But pure GPS location is a bit useless unless filtered through location on a map or accompanied by nearby location.

pandata000

Mar 9, 2011
Yes, you are right about RECORD_AUDIO. The 4 reported apps are already skipped from the scanner in the last version rolled on the market.

Here's the apk, because Google Play will roll it tomorrow I think :)

Attachments

• antispyfree.1.6.1.apk
    107.5 KB · Views: 78

pandata000

Mar 9, 2011
Thanks ridethisbike !

Strange, but JuiceDefender has permissions to read sms, mms, starts on boot and also GPS and Network-based location ...

AVG Antivirus will be added in the ignore list at the next release of the app.

Cannot find Desk Notifier in the market. Is it there, or that's something custom ?

PDroid is great, just checked it out. I'm using MIUI, and the Superuser app has similar features :)

pandata000

Mar 9, 2011
Thanks ridethisbike !

Strange, but JuiceDefender has permissions to read sms, mms, starts on boot and also GPS and Network-based location ...

Seems that the JuiceDefender has this feature: "auto-toggle WiFi depending on your location" and that's why it needs GPS and Network-based location ...

pandata000

Mar 9, 2011
A new version is rolled on the market skipping AVG and JuiceDefender.

Btw there's already a cracked fake version of the PRO version. Please note that installing the fake version can compromise your Android Device privacy. Also the fake version will not be updated, so you will miss SpyWare definition updates. If anyone needs a free version, just put the FREE one - it's an ad free app, and the new SpyWare definitions are rolled to it too.

MrBC

Nov 23, 2011
Lisburn
www.androidofvirtue.com
Just gave this a little run and it came back with 3 suspicious apps.

HeyWire, SMS Backup and Restore and finally 1tap Cleaner Pro.

I have been using all 3 apps for a long time with no issues and I have never had any concern that they were suspect in any way.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: pandata000

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anti Spy Mobile is a an Android scanner that detects and removes spyware apps on your Android device.

The PRO version is now on sale with 50% discount until the end of 2012!

Features:
    =================

- detects well-known spy apps (Spy Mobile, GravityMobile Spy, Highster Mobile, EasySpy, etc).
    - analyzes the permissions and intent events of all installed apps
    - app score base on the analysis warns for suspicious apps
    - super fast scanner

A good FREE scanner if you suspect that your phone is spied or just want to check if there are any applications with spy-able permissions.

PRO version includes automatic background scanner, notifications in status bar, installed date, define a list of safe apps.

Requires: Android 2+

home_freeapp_small.png
    progress3_small.png
    appdetails_small.png

qr-free.png

Free version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.antispycell.free
    More info: http://www.antispycell.com
    [UPDATE] - New spyware definitions for both PRO and Free versions

The latest free version is available for download at the head of the thread. The PRO version is now on sale with 50% discount until the end of the year !
    Very, very cool.
    OK, I'll check this, there are no reasons to keep touch display requirements.

When I say unable to install I mean google play will not LET me download/install the app. Says it's incompatible....the revue has keyboard/mouse so no reason the touchscreen should be an issue but you have to configure your google play settings I assume to allow "tv devices" access to the app.

Why would it be less prone to installing spyware? It's an android device and it installs apps including apps pushed via adb or installed via file explorer.

Here's a list of the apps on mine....

http://www.appbrain.com/user/famewolf/apps-on-the-logitech-revue-(google-tv)

A new version 1.6.3 is rolled on the market (probably will be available there in few hours) with SpyWare definitions updates and some issues reported here. The touchscreen requirement is removed now.

Framewolf, you should be able to install without problems now on your TV :)
    Yes, I'm trying to keep it up to date with the latest commercial spywares.