Unable to get into Recovery

Search This thread

mossywell

May 10, 2006
London
LG G2 D802 Three (H3G) KK 4.4.2

Hi all, I've checked out this forum and also watched a few videos. I've tried the volume down + power until the LG logo appears and then release and re-press them but all that happens is that the phone powers off after the second press after about 10 seconds. The volumes buttons work fine. There's clearly a trick to this but after about 20 attempts, it has be beaten! Any clues to the magic sequence needed?

TIA

EDIT: Yes, I can get into download mode no problem.

Last edited:

mossywell

May 10, 2006
London
when the lg logo appears try releasing power and volume down and then pressing volume up instead
Thanks for the reply.
If I just use volume up after the LG logo, the phone reboots normally. If I do a power + volume up after the LG logo, it just powers off after 10 seconds.

In fact every test shows the phone to behave exactly as if the volume up and down buttons have been disabled during boot up.

mossywell

May 10, 2006
London
Tried a few times again - no recovery. :( Maybe it's something that has been blocked in the stock KK OTA update?

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
Thanks for the reply.
If I just use volume up after the LG logo, the phone reboots normally. If I do a power + volume up after the LG logo, it just powers off after 10 seconds.

In fact every test shows the phone to behave exactly as if the volume up and down buttons have been disabled during boot up.

I think what he meant is when phone powered off, press volume down+power and when you see lg logo press volume up+down don't touch power

Sent from my potato powered LG G3 D800

Reactions: mossywell

mossywell

May 10, 2006
London
Update: I can get into recovery using adb. Maybe H3G have disabled getting into recovery via the hardware buttons only leaving download mode available. Bit of an odd thing to do though.

mossywell

May 10, 2006
London
I think what he meant is when phone powered off, press volume down+power and when you see lg logo press volume up+down don't touch power

D'oh! That was about the only combo that I didn't try. Yes - it works. Many thanks to both for the help. Just curious: this alternative key combo I didn't find anywhere; is it something some carriers have done to their phone? (Or did I just not search hard enough? ;) )

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
D'oh! That was about the only combo that I didn't try. Yes - it works. Many thanks to both for the help. Just curious: this alternative key combo I didn't find anywhere; is it something some carriers have done to their phone? (Or did I just not search hard enough? ;) )

lg changed the combination when they started releasing the knock code update, I have no idea why but now it just means some people need to use volume down+power while others have to use volume up+down it just creates more trouble for us(people who help others) because if people don't mention whether they have knock code update or not we just have to guess what update they are on

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    when the lg logo appears try releasing power and volume down and then pressing volume up instead
    Thanks for the reply.