(observation thread) 4.2.2 discussion

Search This thread

eric-filth

Nov 18, 2011
Ponta Grossa - PR
Inside Config - Battery, here not showing more Screen Time, anyone have this?

Edit, start show again lol

Enviado do meu Nexus 7

Last edited:

DaveConnor

Nov 23, 2012
4.2.2 is much better than 4.2.1........although I did not test any games...!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

billykxda

Mar 19, 2012
This is how it should be done...

Here's my experience yesterday on my totally stock N7....

- Got an OS update pushed to me almost immediately after it was released from Google. Amazing.
- Install: Fast. Simple. One click.
- OS Performance: excellent - very smooth, very fast. Looking forward to reported battery saving - too soon to see that.

No muss. No fuss.
Man, I love this thing.

cnstarz

Feb 10, 2010
Is the apparent wifi bug fixed in 4.2.2? For those that don't know, there are a lot of people whose Internet connection on the n7 will take a **** on them until they toggle wifi off and back on.

iventura

Aug 8, 2011
I have my N7 rooted and the bootloader unlocked, and I didn't get the update, should I unroot and re-lock the bootloader?

Last edited:

drpepe

Jul 16, 2012
Not observing any performance improvement, but my device always fine on previous versions...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

iventura

Aug 8, 2011
Are u on stock 4.2.1? And try clearing data for Google services framework and then check for the update again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

I've done that, but when trying to install the update I got an error. Tryed again, and it never showed an update again.

Last edited:

br0adband

Mar 28, 2008
I dont talk about new stuff. I want smooth scrolling/faster opening of apps like win8 and ios can do with dual core cpu.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Hrmmm... 4.2.2 is pretty damned fast on my Nexus 7 pure stock, faster and more responsive than 4.2.1 was, that's for sure. And I keep mine running with just 2 cores enabled anyway so I have no idea what's going on with your device.

nemrih

Aug 31, 2008
Bergen
Mine was pretty laggy on 4.2.1, and 4.2.2 feels a lot smoother, though still not perfect. Some widgets (google calendar, BW clock and more) keeps flashing/refreshing after running heavier apps. Better, but as good as I want it to be.

Lttlwing16

Mar 30, 2011
So first reboot today after updating last night and charging over night..sad to say ANDROID OS is still eating the battery. I was down 20% with just 45 min screen on time. I know it might take a few days to even out, but I was hoping they would have crushed the ANDROID OS leak...if it persists, I'll do full wipe and reload 4.2.2....

Anyone else notice ANDROID OS...draining.?

knuckles1978

Aug 6, 2012
I dont talk about new stuff. I want smooth scrolling/faster opening of apps like win8 and ios can do with dual core cpu.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Lol, are we speaking about the same Windows 8 that hides it's slowness with stupid animations? Because my N7, and my old Galaxy S1 are both much faster than that pile of crap :)
And in sure iOS has its imperfections too, I might have more experience of that if it weren't for my complete hatred of all things Apple, because of the way that they are conducting their 'business'. F*<k those a55h0l£s.

Windows XP is still the best version to date. Windows vista, crap. Windows 7, better but not an improvement on XP. Windows 8, Microsoft trying to do something about all the market share they are losing. Have you seen their 'app store' lol

Last edited:
Reactions: RobBull69

krisserapin

Nov 3, 2010
Lol, are we speaking about the same Windows 8 that hides it's slowness with stupid animations? Because my N7, and my old Galaxy S1 are both much faster than that pile of crap :)
And in sure iOS has its imperfections too, I might have more experience of that if it weren't for my complete hatred of all things Apple, because of the way that they are conducting their 'business'. F*<k those a55h0l£s.

Windows XP is still the best version to date. Windows vista, crap. Windows 7, better but not an improvement on XP. Windows 8, Microsoft trying to do something about all the market share they are losing. Have you seen their 'app store' lol

No joke I saw a commercial the other day for a HP win 8 tablet and the side panel menu stuttered while opening towards the end of the commercial. Pointed it out to my girlfriend and she got a good laugh as well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm yet to install it but here's the changelog from wiki:

Fixed Bluetooth audio streaming bugs[102]
    Long-pressing the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings now toggles the on/off state
    New download notifications, which now shows the percentage and an estimated time remaining for your app downloads while they are happening
    New sounds for wireless charging and low battery.
    Removed option to show all calls in the phone app's call list.
    New Gallery app animation allows faster loading.
    USB Debug whitelist
    Bug fixes and performance enhancements
    I don't know, terms like microlag are just to the point where I stop reading. I used my tablet enough this morning to the point where everything that I wanted to do ran smoothly, well above my expectations. I guess that's enough for me. I'd rather enjoy my tablet than critique it to that extent.
    Geez, guys enough with the childish chit chats. There is micro lag on all platforms, iOS included, scroll to the left (search bar) and u'll see what i mean. Android too has it's hick ups from time to time, but i think it has come a long way since the days of eclair and froyo (many of u won't even know what i'm talking about). Anyways, if iOS has stutters with it's minimalistic features (no widgets, no app drawer, tiled icons, hell, u couldn't even change the wallpaper till a while back), i'd live with android's microlag and enjoy all what it offers.
    I have a friend who keeps switching between ios and android, and everytime he gets an android device he keeps complaining about the micro lags that no one but him notices (to the extent he calls it lagdroid) , and he's never satisfied. but this, mate, is not called "perfectionist" , it's a mental state, u keep looking and fetching for a single hick up, u'll never be satisfied whatever u use.
    As a med student, i advise u to get out of that "state of mind" and just enjoy whatever device u have. getting frustrated about lil things like that will only get u a stroke before u even hit 40.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
    I searched for this but came up empty. Is USB otg still broken on 4.2.2? That's the reason o stayed on 4.1.1 using stickmount

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'm able to use my otg cable & flash drive with stick mount. Both read & write access both works for me. No problems that I can see with it.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    R: (observation thread) 4.2.2 discussion

they also (finally) fixed the ugly gradient !

Inviato dal mio Nexus 7 con Tapatalk 2