Buying a new stock battery or the 1500 mAh one ?

Search This thread

Asseel

Apr 13, 2012
Cairo
which one will live longer as in year or more ?

I heard that the Mugen and others lose the ability to hold charge faster than the stock ones ?

Nooksy

Apr 17, 2012
Brizzy
I bought a third party one off ebay and it stopped holding charge in about 4 month.

Although the mAh has high numbers on these batteries, they don't make a difference in usage time with the original htc batteries imo.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using XDA

drpsyko

Feb 24, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
If you are into DIY, I would recommend using the Sensation battery mod. If you want a second battery, not as replacement, it is always better to use stock battery for longer lasting.

Last edited:

paul c

Nov 15, 2006
Madrid
Read through the Mugen threads on this forum (and other devices' accessories forums).

I think the feedback is generally positive.

After 1 year, my OEM battery was OK, but far from its original capacity (subjective, but still). So any "good" phone battery will degrade over time, it's a very punishing environment.

I don't know how the Mugen will be after 1 year - I hope it's OK, since I bought one 2 months ago. The 1500mAh seems real, and it's started well for me.

I think the Mugen is actually cheaper than a replacement HTC battery (don't even think about the ebay rip-offs), so since they are well constructed I think it makes sense to buy one of theirs.

Also consider a battery pack, you can get a good (NewTrent) 5000mAh pack for €25 or so off Amazon. They are even made with a 11000mAh capacity...

Jeurum_92

Mar 14, 2012
Almelo
Stock battery is the best option. Mugen has not that much more capacity, and is 4 times more expensive.

I replaced my old one by 1 year, and keep the old one for back-up.

paul c

Nov 15, 2006
Madrid
Stock battery is the best option. Mugen has not that much more capacity, and is 4 times more expensive.

I replaced my old one by 1 year, and keep the old one for back-up.

How much is a stock battery for you???

I bought the Mugen one for €32, I think it was, free shipping.

In HTC's online store their battery is on sale at €40. Could be cheaper elsewhere, but I really doubt you'll find one for €8.

Jeurum_92

Mar 14, 2012
Almelo
They are for sale for around €10 on Ebay. Bought mine here in The Netherlands for €13...

That is much cheaper then the Mugen, I'm not paying triple for maybe a few Mah more.

And all original items in the HTC shop are way overpriced;p

Verstuurd van mijn Desire HD met Tapatalk

Last edited:

joooe

Sep 7, 2007
Beware of most of those cheap original batteries. Although original, they are refurbished items. So they are used items, usually from returned phones, or dead phones, or whatever. So they're not new.

Jeurum_92

Mar 14, 2012
Almelo
Sometimes, mostly not. Most of them are brand new, and if not the seller attents you on this.

Gringoli

Sep 7, 2008
Sometimes, mostly not. Most of them are brand new, and if not the seller attents you on this.

Unfortunately I made both experience on ebay. It seems like luck which one you get.

My stock battery was really down after one and a half year usage. It didn't reach a whole day anymore... But I bought a new stock version.

Jeurum_92

Mar 14, 2012
Almelo
Well if you don't trust it on Ebay, lots of shops in the UK/US sell them for a little bit more, just as were I bought mine.

Everyone who wants to pay more for almost the same, buy yourself a Mugen :)