Recipients can't hear me in phone calls

Search This thread
I just flashed Carbon 4.3 last night, and when making phone calls, the recipients can barely hear me. This has been an issue on a few ROMs I've flashed, but I do not know how to resolve it. I've tried searching, but can't find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-developers app

galapagos

Mar 11, 2013
I just flashed Carbon 4.3 last night, and when making phone calls, the recipients can barely hear me. This has been an issue on a few ROMs I've flashed, but I do not know how to resolve it. I've tried searching, but can't find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

That's a well known issue with custom roms for opgpro. That usually happens if the custom rom you've installed is intended for a different model (i.e., using a rom for e980 on F240x model).

Nigglenuts

Apr 16, 2013
Denver
If you're on T-Mobile, there's an audio fix.zip that keeps popping up. I dig the name BTW

That's a well known issue with custom roms for opgpro. That usually happens if the custom rom you've installed is intended for a different model (i.e., using a rom for e980 on F240x model).

I make sure to never install ROMs for anything besides the E980 (which is the model I have). I've browsed the Carbon release thread for the ROM, and it doesn't seem to be an issue for anyone else. I was wondering if there are configs or files I can transfer over from PAC-ROM 4.3 that would fix the issue (I do not experience the audio problem with PAC)? Also to be noted, I'm running on AT&T service, not T Mobile (there seems to be a somewhat similar issue with the T Mobile OG Pro's, but the fix doesn't apply to my device).

Nigglenuts

Apr 16, 2013
Denver
I make sure to never install ROMs for anything besides the E980 (which is the model I have). I've browsed the Carbon release thread for the ROM, and it doesn't seem to be an issue for anyone else. I was wondering if there are configs or files I can transfer over from PAC-ROM 4.3 that would fix the issue (I do not experience the audio problem with PAC)? Also to be noted, I'm running on AT&T service, not T Mobile (there seems to be a somewhat similar issue with the T Mobile OG Pro's, but the fix doesn't apply to my device).

Ya. Figured I'd ask. Well... I've never had anything like that. You should try out 4.4 though. Might make a difference.

Ya. Figured I'd ask. Well... I've never had anything like that. You should try out 4.4 though. Might make a difference.

Thanks, my name is actually an album title by Insect Warfare. And I don't have this issue with all 4.3 ROMs, only a few. Others are fine. The only reason I avoid 4.4 is because of the major lack of customization features. It kinda sucks for me cause I don't use PIE or Halo, and I figure porting those over to 4.4 is taking the spotlight. I'm a sucker for color customization and all of the tiny little tweaks, which will probably get ported last, hah.

CowboyNexus

Jun 10, 2010
garbled voice with 4.4 ROMs on T-mobile

I have the same issue on T-mobile. Using any 4.4 ROM results in my voice fading in and out during the call. ROMS based on stock work fine.

I have tried the kitkat in-call audio fix, and it does not help.

I think the problem is due to the noise cancelling microphone on top of the phone. If I cover up the small hole at the top with my finger during a call, the voice quality gets a little better, but still very faint.

Anyone know how to disable the top microphone?