[Q] Korean Version SHV-370K - ROM/GroupPlay/ChatON

Search This thread

ThuGzta

Jan 20, 2014
Hey people,

I recently purchased a Korean variant of the S4 Mini. The model is SHV-370K. To my findings, its equal to the main version I9195. Is that correct? I do have the NFC chip installed. My question is, can I flash an official ROM like the ones used in the I9195? I have to much KOREAN language apps and I dont think I am prepared to root it. If I can flash an official ROM on this via ODIN?, will I still be able to get the OTA? My current version is 4.2.2. And checking on Sammobile I have the latest. The Korean stuff is just to much of a hassel and I am not sure if I will even get an update. Can I flash an official ROM and not lose warranty and root?

My second question is that I cannot make Group Play work on 2 of these S4 Mini's. They just dont connect. It says Network Lost and sometimes failed to join group. I've tried working it over with NFC and Wifi Direct. Normal gallery pictures and everything send easy, just this app that I really really want to use. Would be great if some one would help me.

My last question is that ChatON keeps giving an Error while checking for push services. I have tried everything. Changed networks, tried Mobile Networks. All my apps are up to date, even the annoying Samsung Push Service. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much people.

Have a great day.

Oh and I think its Carrier Branded? Cuz it has this Olleh writen on its back cover?

Last edited:

ThuGzta

Jan 20, 2014
So ChatON and Group Play is working after they have been updated most recently. I did update them before but they dint seem to work. The current updates work good. Any one about the ROM issue? Would love some help <3.

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
So ChatON and Group Play is working after they have been updated most recently. I did update them before but they dint seem to work. The current updates work good. Any one about the ROM issue? Would love some help <3.

you can only use a korean K rom, or a modify rom for the K version, otherwise you can brick your phone.

ervit

Jan 31, 2014
Hi guys,

Have you found any solution to this problem? I'm also an [almost] happy owner of a Korean-branded S4 Mini and as USSD codes don't work, was told that firmware needs to be changed. But this being specifically a Korean phone, I'm not sure other ROMs out there will even be 100% compatible.

Thanks,
Vit

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
Hi guys,

Have you found any solution to this problem? I'm also an [almost] happy owner of a Korean-branded S4 Mini and as USSD codes don't work, was told that firmware needs to be changed. But this being specifically a Korean phone, I'm not sure other ROMs out there will even be 100% compatible.

Thanks,
Vit

you have to enter it's secret menu, and insert the password, each network has it's own password.

ervit

Jan 31, 2014
you have to enter it's secret menu, and insert the password, each network has it's own password.

Thanks, but I don't think I have to enter a password, since other phones work without it. Unless it's somehow phone-specific, but my operator reps would probably have told me (instead they just said the firmware needs to be changed). What secret menu are we talking about? perhaps aI could investigate. At any rate, if there someone has managed to flash the Korean version of the phone with a more "universal" firmware, I'd like to know. Thanks!

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
Thanks, but I don't think I have to enter a password, since other phones work without it. Unless it's somehow phone-specific, but my operator reps would probably have told me (instead they just said the firmware needs to be changed). What secret menu are we talking about? perhaps aI could investigate. At any rate, if there someone has managed to flash the Korean version of the phone with a more "universal" firmware, I'd like to know. Thanks!

This secret menu allows you to modify the network, frequencies and other stuff, each korean service privider has it's own password.

try typing this on the dialer.

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
I found the password on a Russian forum, it's 774632. But I don't see where in that menu I can enable USSD

you don't need the menu for the ussd, korean version has their own set of ussd, they are different from the international version, some are the same , but most are different.

ervit

Jan 31, 2014
you don't need the menu for the ussd, korean version has their own set of ussd, they are different from the international version, some are the same , but most are different.

Please forgive me as I'm a total noob, but after your last reply it hit me: we're probably talking about different USSDs. I meant that my operator USSD codes didn't work, the ones that I send to find out my remaining balance and to also enable/disable services etc. (e.g. I would send *444#2#1 to find out my remaining balance), not the phone's own USSD codes (like the service menus etc, e.g. the IMEI check with *#06#). Operator USSD codes just don't work - the phone either sits trying to connect for a few minutes (locking the phone down during this time), or just says that the signal is too weak. So I guess I do need to install a different firmware to fully unlock it.

Thanks for trying to help though, I'm learning new stuff!

Reactions: ThuGzta

ThuGzta

Jan 20, 2014
Please forgive me as I'm a total noob, but after your last reply it hit me: we're probably talking about different USSDs. I meant that my operator USSD codes didn't work, the ones that I send to find out my remaining balance and to also enable/disable services etc. (e.g. I would send *444#2#1 to find out my remaining balance), not the phone's own USSD codes (like the service menus etc, e.g. the IMEI check with *#06#). Operator USSD codes just don't work - the phone either sits trying to connect for a few minutes (locking the phone down during this time), or just says that the signal is too weak. So I guess I do need to install a different firmware to fully unlock it.

Mate I have the same problem here. The USSD codes just dont work. My balance check does work though. All I have noticed that USSDS that need two steps dont work. Example to transfer credits, I type *456# and in return it should ask me what number I need to transfer my credits, but it just doesnt work. I have tried the menu but no idea what that is all about. Still cannot find what to do.

Secondly I met some one at the forums who has the same device as ours. HE said installing Cynogen Mod is working and it doesnt effect us having a model of SHV something. LOL. So I dont know if I should go ahead and flash a custom rom. I would rather flash an official rom but no one is helping here and I cant seem to find any. Like maybe we could flash an english rom from UK. Something official like the normal I9195 have! Not some korean ones.

Reactions: ervit

ThuGzta

Jan 20, 2014
New Update.

Hey people! I just got an OTA update and all I see new is a Google Drive icon. The update is still on 4.2.2 and not 4.3. It was about 96mb of file size. How can I take out the changelog and read what bug fixes it brings?

ervit

Jan 31, 2014
how to do I move from SHV or change the CSC code?

for now getting only the Korean pop up messages.

Want to change to Australia CSC code.

I've read about CSC Select app (on google play market), but I think you need root for this to work. I'm not an expert on that though.

Please write here if you manage to get any results (even if negative).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Mate I have the same problem here. The USSD codes just dont work. My balance check does work though. All I have noticed that USSDS that need two steps dont work. Example to transfer credits, I type *456# and in return it should ask me what number I need to transfer my credits, but it just doesnt work. I have tried the menu but no idea what that is all about. Still cannot find what to do.

Secondly I met some one at the forums who has the same device as ours. HE said installing Cynogen Mod is working and it doesnt effect us having a model of SHV something. LOL. So I dont know if I should go ahead and flash a custom rom. I would rather flash an official rom but no one is helping here and I cant seem to find any. Like maybe we could flash an english rom from UK. Something official like the normal I9195 have! Not some korean ones.