[htc] unlocking utility

Search This thread

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
At simonsimon34, I have a HTC Sensation 4G emmc that I might be able to do some testing with later this evening. So when I download your utility do I just run the utility and then stop and look in my temp file and find the .bat and then run the .bat?

S

simonsimons34

Hey!

Second time in under a week I find a development of yours that's worthy of the XDA Portal. First the Wildfire S one, now the universal one :) You're on fire!

Here's the link to your second article in under a week:
http://www.xda-developers.com/android/unlock-virtually-any-htc-bootloader-without-voiding-warranty/

Congrats! :)

Thanks for the write up, again. :D Turns out the major differences are the MTD and eMMC devices. (so the process is the same)

Next is applying for recognized dev ;)

PS to everyone:
I had an idea for the One X. We can just see if Misc is write protected (duh!) Try pulling the misc, and then flashing the same you just pulled. Your misc is on mmcblk0p17

Please try that, if it works, no temp root needed. Ill be able to unlock and perma root.

S

simonsimons34

Actually that will not work then. Emmc rquires dd commands for misc. I need to research the proper dd commands.

Also Emmc requires me KNOWING your EXACT misc partition name. Like mmcblk0p17 is the one x. This means, emmc wont be generic, and i will need to add them to the gui.. Oh as for the gui, i got something going, looking to make it easier for me eventually though.

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
Actually that will not work then. Emmc rquires dd commands for misc. I need to research the proper dd commands.

Also Emmc requires me KNOWING your EXACT misc partition name. Like mmcblk0p17 is the one x. This means, emmc wont be generic, and i will need to add them to the gui.. Oh as for the gui, i got something going, looking to make it easier for me eventually though.

Ok then thanks for the info. I will have to use Revolutionary then cause I want to S-off my girlfriend's Sensation as mine is S-off via Revolutionary already. I was also going to test the new S-off, called Juopunutbear S-OFF method for the Sensation if your method of unlocking the bootloader worked cause the new method of S-off requires you to use the HTC Dev method of unlocking the bootloader first. But as we all know that voids your warranty so it would be nice if this worked for the HTC Sensation.;)

Reactions: $Gamechiller$

raikesy

Mar 26, 2009

I can provide you with the names of the misc partitions for the One S and Sensation XE, how do I go about finding it out? :)

wolfesystems

Jun 21, 2008
MTG4G Slide S-off - No Love!

I tried the Control Bear for the MT4G Slide Double shot with the Hboot 1.45.0013 and received a segmentation Fault in Win7 64 during the reboot. Tried 3 times and same outcome. Any suggestion, or just wait for another release.

Thanks for your work!

FnH84

Feb 18, 2011
I really do not think HTCDev Unlock will void your warranty. Several members here have confirmed HTC still fixed their phones even after doing the unlock. Where's all this coming from? Not to say that this isn't a better way to unlock, just that warranty is still valid, no matter which method you use.

Vorbeth

Mar 10, 2006

Partitions for HTC Sensation are here: https://github.com/vorbeth/android_...mmit/33036c5291f510d45d465449412f0bd3160c63e0
These are for ICS, they are different on GB

Reactions: T-Macgnolia

jbh00jh

Oct 7, 2007
Columbia, SC
Will this unlock system unlock the HTC Rezound? ? I am on the ICS leaked Ruu -Android 4.0.3 - Sense 3.6.

Last edited:

angusc

May 12, 2006
Beijing
PS to everyone:
I had an idea for the One X. We can just see if Misc is write protected (duh!) Try pulling the misc, and then flashing the same you just pulled. Your misc is on mmcblk0p17
Please try that, if it works, no temp root needed. Ill be able to unlock and perma root.

SimonSimons34,
The One-X owners just had an OTA update. So for the ones that have not yet flagged that OTA, would it be useful to allow access to the misc and/or to install SuperUser and gain error this way?
Do you know how the OTA security works and could it be broken in to that way? I wonder if the OTA update are personalised to each phone before the download our the OTA file...or are they all homeric meaning that an OTA downloaded by me could be installed on soothe One-X.....?

I have attached the "updater-script" extracted from the OTA .zip update if it help you to see the encryption and try to understand it.... beyond me I'm afraid (note i had to zip it to get below the txt file size limit).

Sent witH desire from OneX

Attachments

• updater-script-ORIG.zip
    101.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
S

simonsimons34

If its eMMC then email me your partitions list. I need them. Also, it wont work on the newer phones like the OneX (for now)

EDIT:
simon@simonsimons34.co.cc

Last edited:

elivaldez84

May 31, 2010
San Benito
Rezound

Thanks for the info man.

:)

I actually managed to get it running, i figured out the problem was that I had a problem with the drivers, but got them installed and worked it out. But still, this did not work for the Rezound on hboot 2.11.0000 and i now know that it is also eMMC, so I dont know if simonsimons34 can get this to work on it. I would love it if he could, because I saw the other way of getting this done and no that its a big big deal, but requires more work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey simonsimons,

I'm really interested in your progress.
    Is there any chance, that your tool will be able to unlock a europe Sensation with stock, locked hboot 1.27.0000 and stock ICS?

I have another Sensation with revolutionary s-off hboot 1.27.1100, running ICS 4.0.3, if that could be any help (partition tables or anything you would need).

If you say no, it never will, ok. If yes, tell me which information you need.

Thanks in advance.

Ok then thanks for the info. I will have to use Revolutionary then cause I want to S-off my girlfriend's Sensation as mine is S-off via Revolutionary already. I was also going to test the new S-off, called Juopunutbear S-OFF method for the Sensation if your method of unlocking the bootloader worked cause the new method of S-off requires you to use the HTC Dev method of unlocking the bootloader first. But as we all know that voids your warranty so it would be nice if this worked for the HTC Sensation.;)

Partitions for HTC Sensation are here: https://github.com/vorbeth/android_...mmit/33036c5291f510d45d465449412f0bd3160c63e0
    These are for ICS, they are different on GB
    Tacoroot isn't working on HTC Sensation (with HBOOT 1.27), so this won't work either I'm afraid.
    T-Mobile Amaze 4G

***Locked***
    Hboot: 1.90.0008
    eMMC-boot

Ran the Linux (OS X) version and gottt....

Rebooting as root!
    /data/local/dump_image: No such file or directory
    /data/local/flash_image: No such file or directory
    rm failed for /data/local/misc.img, No such file or directory
    File could not be opened.
    rm failed for /data/local/misc.img, No such file or directory
    Root removed! Will reboot now!
    error: device not found
    Enjoy!