DISCONTINUED - [ROM][21-04-2011][patch update] ElocityMod v1.42 for Elocity A7

Search This thread

Marbieskarb

Jun 14, 2008
Had you used xda wifisharing application at all before using the unencrypted version of wmwifirouter ? I installed the free version of wmwifirouter and couldnt see it listed as a network to connect to. (A7 does see the XDA wifisharing adhoc) Im wondering if the xda wifisharing app. somehow changed settings that the wmwifirouter can't overcome. Really want to connect my A7 to my touch pro 2. Didnt work for me to just uninstall XDA wifi sharing on the phone.

Yes, I've used the xda wifisharing application but the A7 doesn't connect to it because of the encryption. I can post the version of wmwifirouter that I'm using on my TP2 but as a caveat, it doesn't allow you to uninstall it.

michaelviner

May 1, 2010
great !!

I would love to get the wmwifirouter version you have working for my equipment. I have realized what you said about XDA application. I see it as an adhoc on my A7 but wont connect to encrypted network. I have had many problems with friends encrypted LANs as well. Wish it could be fixed on Android side. Please give me any additional changes I need for Touch Pro 2 or A7 i.e. changing settings that were changed during XDA wifi installation. I am excited that you may be able to help me get my A7 connected through my TP2. Also I dont care if I cant uninstall it as long as it will work for my A7 and my windows laptop. Thanks so much.

michaelviner

May 1, 2010
getting closer

Thanks,
I installed it and it works for my laptop. When I try to connect with A7, I get an error message "Android does not support connecting to Adhoc (IBSS) type networks" Do I need a particular adhocfix file ? almost there. thanks.

michaelviner

May 1, 2010
Thanks so much Marbieskarb

Hey I answered my own question and found the adhoc fix on the front page. I am so glad to be able to connect now with my windows mobile phone. I owe all of you including dexter a great deal of gratitude. Anywhere I can contribute $, let me know.

JLPDA

Dec 1, 2008
Dexter Gone?!

What a shame to see Dexter go...at least from here and the A7. The ONLY reason why I eventually decided to purchase the A7 was because I could get Google Market on the device. Your knowledge and great work is appreciated.

ytain

Feb 25, 2011
Don't worry about Dexter leaving, it's his choice.

I will eventually make time to build a gingerbread build for eLocity A7, but the present conditions don't allow me to use my laptop for kernel building (too much heat in the room that makes the laptop turn off early), so better be patient till after my move elsewhere where the conditions are better (in two/three month's time). That's the reason I wanted to have gingerbread on this tablet. And to share the gingerbread kernel to the community and for any rom modder.

Ytain

Reactions: durango99

TheZedo

Feb 27, 2011
Tampabay
Well the next big thing for us A7 users will be the release of Gingerbread.

http://www.elocitynow.com/support_faqs.shtml#System

Quote:
Q: Will Android 2.3 Gingerbread be supported on the Tablet?

A: We anticipate that the Tegra 2 processor should have the ability to support the future Android release, but we cannot confirm it until Gingerbread has been officially released.

I sent an email to support asking for an approximate timeframe, and called to asked a rep to escalate to the dev team so they can update the webpage, since Gingerbread is already being released on other tablets. No reply yet.

Some folks are pointing out that Gingerbread may not be a great deal for everyone, in fact saying some prefer froyo instead. :confused: See here:
http://www.knowyourmobile.in/news/983498/gingerbread_vs_honeycomb_not_a_culinary_debate.html

So it sounds like a lot will depend on your own personal preferences, as well as how much, if any, Elocity spruces Gingerbread up for us.

On a similar note, a potential product to keep your eye on is here:
http://www.onskreen.com/cornerstone/

Combining a nice multitasking interface, with the prowess of gingerbread, might turn out to be one sweet ticket :D ...time will tell.

tumpy

Dec 17, 2010
DFW
Elocity people have no clue about their own product. I would takeup ytain on his offer in the mean time froyo will do because honeycomb lockup to much. As for the poster above me none of you link mean anything just people opinion..

ironhead65

Jul 2, 2007
Wifi issues

Has anyone experienced wifi issues?

Let me explain:
I started out "like" everyone else. Stock.

I tried the various flavors of Dexter's mods (awesome!) (1.1,1.2,1.3,1.40).

Then I tried the HoneyComb OS. Kind of neat...but was not what I was looking for. At this point, 1.42 was out. So, I flashed to 1.41 (since 1.42 added Ad-Hoc...which I do not use).

At this point, I now have issues getting the wifi to turn on. They did not start until after I installed HoneyComb, and am curious if I need to re-install HonyComb, set something, then go back?

Typically, when you enable Wifi (either by widget or setting, wifi, enable), you will see the "radio" icone appear in the upper right hand side.

When my system is "broke" (which is more often than not at this point), the wifi tries to turn on, but the icon never appears.

At this point, I tried to go back to stock, then back to 1.41, then back to 1.3, then to 1.41, then 1.41a (looks like it is now called 1.42?). I might have even tried to go to HoneyComb again at some point...but ended up with 1.41a.
At that point, everything seemed to correct itself. It worked great for maybe 2 months-ish? Then, one week, I left the tablet "suspended" and forgot to plug it in. 7-8 days later, the battery had drained and I plugged it in. This time, when it turned back on, the wifi would not work again (same issue as above).

At this point, the device is pretty customized (added some games, added LaunchPad, etc), so I do not want to flash it if I do not have to (I will though, since without wifi, it is pretty useless).

So, I started messing around with it. I find that if the battery is REALLY LOW...the device will connect to the wifi. That is, toggle the wifi widget, and it will turn yellow, the icon appears in the upper right hand corner, widget turns blue, then green and connect.

In a bad case, toggle the wifi widget, and it will turn yellow, blue, then red and "rinse - repeat".

If I connect, then the battery will give out. IF at this point, I plug in the tablet, eventually the wifi will drop out. Connecting to the network like this is rare and does not always work (1/10 tries). Even when I do, it generally lasts 60 seconds to 2 minutes. This happens 2/3 tries OF the 1/10 connects. So I would say, if the battery is LOW, 1/30 tries will connect to the wifi and stay connected.

I also noticed, if I go into settings, wifi, then the next wifi selection...then toggle the turn on checkbox...just as the "system" is trying to scan, I get a force close on (I think) settings.android.com, which if I wait, the wifi turns off. If I close, I get bumped back to the previous wifi settings page (settings->wifi).

Is there something that I missed? Or has been corrupted? Or something that I need to change/modify to make this work again? Should I try to put on the 1.42 patch (it looks a bit newer than anything I had played with in the pastalso seems to fix the SDcard insert / remove issue...which was tolerable).

Thank you for all of your help and support! I am sorry this was such a LONG writeup!

--Ironhead

Second Q:
Does the 1.42 patch fix the USB plugin/removal "allowed only once" issue as well as the SDcard?

Last edited:

ifitwasnt4u

Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix
Has anyone experienced wifi issues?

Let me explain:
I started out "like" everyone else. Stock.

I tried the various flavors of Dexter's mods (awesome!) (1.1,1.2,1.3,1.40).

Then I tried the HoneyComb OS. Kind of neat...but was not what I was looking for. At this point, 1.42 was out. So, I flashed to 1.41 (since 1.42 added Ad-Hoc...which I do not use).

At this point, I now have issues getting the wifi to turn on. They did not start until after I installed HoneyComb, and am curious if I need to re-install HonyComb, set something, then go back?

Typically, when you enable Wifi (either by widget or setting, wifi, enable), you will see the "radio" icone appear in the upper right hand side.

When my system is "broke" (which is more often than not at this point), the wifi tries to turn on, but the icon never appears.

At this point, I tried to go back to stock, then back to 1.41, then back to 1.3, then to 1.41, then 1.41a (looks like it is now called 1.42?). I might have even tried to go to HoneyComb again at some point...but ended up with 1.41a.
At that point, everything seemed to correct itself. It worked great for maybe 2 months-ish? Then, one week, I left the tablet "suspended" and forgot to plug it in. 7-8 days later, the battery had drained and I plugged it in. This time, when it turned back on, the wifi would not work again (same issue as above).

At this point, the device is pretty customized (added some games, added LaunchPad, etc), so I do not want to flash it if I do not have to (I will though, since without wifi, it is pretty useless).

So, I started messing around with it. I find that if the battery is REALLY LOW...the device will connect to the wifi. That is, toggle the wifi widget, and it will turn yellow, the icon appears in the upper right hand corner, widget turns blue, then green and connect.

In a bad case, toggle the wifi widget, and it will turn yellow, blue, then red and "rinse - repeat".

If I connect, then the battery will give out. IF at this point, I plug in the tablet, eventually the wifi will drop out. Connecting to the network like this is rare and does not always work (1/10 tries). Even when I do, it generally lasts 60 seconds to 2 minutes. This happens 2/3 tries OF the 1/10 connects. So I would say, if the battery is LOW, 1/30 tries will connect to the wifi and stay connected.

I also noticed, if I go into settings, wifi, then the next wifi selection...then toggle the turn on checkbox...just as the "system" is trying to scan, I get a force close on (I think) settings.android.com, which if I wait, the wifi turns off. If I close, I get bumped back to the previous wifi settings page (settings->wifi).

Is there something that I missed? Or has been corrupted? Or something that I need to change/modify to make this work again? Should I try to put on the 1.42 patch (it looks a bit newer than anything I had played with in the pastalso seems to fix the SDcard insert / remove issue...which was tolerable).

Thank you for all of your help and support! I am sorry this was such a LONG writeup!

--Ironhead

Second Q:
Does the 1.42 patch fix the USB plugin/removal "allowed only once" issue as well as the SDcard?

Did you clear your cache before flashing from honeycomb to 1.41? Might want to start there, clear your cache(s) 3 or 4 times, they re-flash 1.41 fresh.

ironhead65

Jul 2, 2007
Thanks for the suggestion...I'll say no...since I am not sure what that is.

Is that something done in the boot menu, where you choose to actually "load" the update.zip file?

--Ironhead

ifitwasnt4u

Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix
When you are in the recovery menu before flashing. There is a clear cache selection. Select that 3 times then flash 1.41 again.

Sent from my A7-040 using XDA Premium App

ironhead65

Jul 2, 2007
ok, after re-installing, I know what you are talking about...yes I did do that.

After messing around for a bit, I called Elocity...apparently this is an issue that CAN happen. They said some time today or tomorrow someone from "advanced" technical help will call me back to try to see if we can figure out what is going on.

If not, they said they can swap me for a refurb (at my cost of course).

Thanks for the help!

--Ironhead

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    !!This is ONLY for Elocity A7!!!

This Mod is based on Elocity Stock with additions from Nvidia SDK, to make a better functioning stock rom with google apps.

You can also follow updates on Twitter now: Dexter Picard (DexterPicard) on Twitter or for the continued support or you can visit my homepage at Dexter's mods

I Thought this demo deserved to be posted with my Mod for ElocityA7 :)
    I get some creds here too , thanks!

Installation Instructions:
    ALWAYS HAVE CHARGER CONNECTED WHEN UPDATING A FIRMWARE

Download ElocityMod v1.42 patch update
    Download ElocityMod v1.41
    It will require Wipe/factory reset as well. as reports on the update seems to report some problems if not, so its your own if it does FC alot, if you do not wipe

PATCHES
    installs like regular full updates: rename to Update.zip and run recovery.
    - v1.xx Adhoc patch here if you need connecting to mobile teetering app, it will not autostart wifi after sleep.​

Previous releases
    Download ElocityMod v1.3
    Download ElocityMod v1.2

Install using recovery menu.
    1. copy the file to the root of your sdcard and rename to Update.zip.
    2. Enter "Recovery menu" by pressing power for 2seconds, release
    3. then hold power button until "hold power 5sec...." appear and wait until it says booting recovery kernel..and release power button.
    4. Press "HOME" button to see menu, use SEARCH/BACK button to navigate.
    5. select "Wipe/factory reset" - press MENU key to activate
    6. then select "apply sdcard:update.zip" - press MENU to activate
    7. after the small install process - press "reboot" to finalize and wait for the upgrade to take place on second screen that appear.
    [/INDENT]

ISSUES
    - Files manager app does FC too much, use the OI filemanager for local filehandling.

CHANGELOG
    v1.42
    - added latest 17-04 update from ElocityA7 update.
    - Fixed sdcard problem, you can now eject/insert as much as wanted.
    alternate patch is now removed.
    v1.41
    - build.prop (ro.kernel.android.checkjni=false) enables Skype to function (and maybe other apps)
    - usb stick support added.
    - changed sdcard handler to stock, but with exception it only work until you eject sdcard/usb , and a reboot is only way to remount (or restart vold daemon which is from a shell)
    - honeycomb bootanimation added.
    - Files app added (for copying network files to tablet) is buggy with pictures handling in folders. (might be removed again)
    - VPN (script + vpn settings enabled/added)
    - HDMI resolution changer added in settings (480p -> 1080p output available)​
    v1.4
    - Based on latest 24-02 update from Elocity.
    - Cracked the sdcard issue, and its fully working now..
    - Added patched hulu Flashplayer 10.2 (uninstall this one first, if you download it from market)
    - New calendar app​
    v1.3
    - finally latest Market app included (2.2.7 will be upgraded to 2.2.11 when you enter market the first time)
    - Added Gsensor fix, so screen rotation works, if playing games that need sensor like SpeedX or racing games..
    - Added DSP audio manager with EQU function (does help increasing volume a little too)
    - re-arranged process, so installers do not keep trying to install apps.​
    v1.2
    - Updated to latest stock of Feb-04 .
    - removed wifi Settings again, solution did not work (im told)
    - Fixed Calendar app FC.
    - Updated Market to the latest release.​

THANKS to all who donated up to now! its appreciated, and shows that people like the extras added...

WARNING: Use this image at your own risk and i take no responsibility if you brick your tablet..
    Just saw Feb 4th update out. Any idea on an updated Dexter rom
    I will report back on an update very soon.
    V1.2 mod available

In about 30mins my upload is finished, so the new updated stock image is available with the common fixes.

Await a much better or different stock edition soon!, i got news on the Elocity front, which probably will make some people even more happy with their tablet.
    but thats for the next upcoming days, for now its just a small stock update with a few fixes.

edit: It's online now!
    With our folio100 i just made a Quadrant 3000+ breakthrough, when im confident in this, ill make it happen for Elocity as well..

and of course remove twitter,facebook,voicesearch app etc, so its easy to update.
    I've been using "su" since it came out of the box. Not sure what you mean by "it never was there".

ok, something crossed my mind now.. i put "su" always in /system/bin and im quite sure your "su" is located in /system/xbin now, so thats why my superuser.apk also fails as its made for this version and your su is not. or simply the su in /system/xbin has no suid 0 set.

edit:
    ok, i was right. in xbin folder another SU was found, so that one is not compatible with this superuser.apk..
    its fixed and im uploading a hopefully perfect 1.0b now.