How to FULL flash to Cricket using Jiminy rom (Full Instructions)

Search This thread

iNFiNiTY125

Mar 12, 2010
Scottsdale
Awnsers!! finally!! sorry for the delay

Hi sorry i have not been on in a long time.. Thank you everyone for using my instructions. I have answered most of the questions below if you have anymore feel free to PM me or post them and i will get on more now (I was having computer problems)

Thanks trying your tutorial now. I noticed that the links for anycut and apn backup are the same. Will let u know if it works

Thank you i will look at the links

timinator94 said:
Ok I followed your instructions to the letter and I cant get any internet... My 3g icon will flash for a second and that is it...
any help?

try to dial *22804 that should fix it otherwise that sounds like a PRL problem if all the settings are right.

urquidezj said:
i get an error box after i do everything, box is titled NV write errors, under nv item it says "NV_UE_IMEI_I" and uder status it says "NV_READONLY_S" i dial *228 and it goes to cricket but doesnt activate phone, do i need to call CS to add esn change? everything seemed smooth until then. help will be appreciated.

I forgot to mention about that! sorry that really dosent madder all that is saying is qpst cannot cretin items to the phone because they are locked. It says IMEI read only. that is the serial number so it is telling you it cant change the serial number dont worry about this just ignore it.

and yes the phone NEEDS to be on your account. call cricket and tell them you wanna put a different phone on your account.

DFlame said:
Isn't the Cricket, MCC=310 and MNC=16? Since you said you work at Cricket.

It dosent really matter on HTC (This phone at least) because it reads those settings from the EPST and PRL insted of APN. idk if changing them will do anything. all it will effect is the MMS

urquidezj said:
i do everything as instructed, 3g is there, dial 611 and cricket answers, but the stupid stores cant activate it for me, saying they need a programing code, what are they talking about, can someone please guide me how to activate this thing? thanks

there talking about the code to change the phone number. I think it is ##program.. if that dosent work tell them to put the serial number on your account then when they do dial *22804 it should program it.

timinator94 said:
Hey if I was the op I would make clear where the min/msid goes..that is what tripped me up Got it working now though thanks for the tutorial

glad you got it working i will look into making it clearer.

jpfowler21 said:
OK, so i complete to step 16. However, after writing to the phone, it never reboots. Any suggestions? Am i supposed to manually reboot?

sorry i should have clarified that but yes reboot it your self if it dosent.

sdge said:
So I need to have already signed up with cricket to go through this tutorial? There are several parts in the instructions where you have to put your cricket phone number, so I assume you must have signed up with cricket first, how exactly do I do this? I have to give them my MSL number or something?

Also, will these instructions work using one of the ROMS found here (apparently I can't post links until I've made 8 posts, I'm speaking of some ROMS cooked up ztahoez) ?

Finally, can I use pay-go (as in the pay per day you use plan) with this flashing method?

Thanks for any answers.

Yes you need a active account with cricket.

and if you have signed up you would give them the MSID/ESN of the phone and they would put it on your account

it will work with other roms but MMS might not work i recommend jimny cricket rom everything works

It depends where you are if the pay go will work. in airzona they let you use flashed fones on pay go but they might not somewhere else.

your welcome and good luck.

hddwiper said:
phone works great. no probs except i cant get the cricket market place icon. and thus cannot get the cricket store, back-up, web, etc...
Could this be a flash problem?

i *228 and it says programming successful. *22808 does not work.
right now im running myns warm twopointtwo. unrEVOked3.
was running jiminy v. and had the same problem.
Everything else works fine.

Thanks.

no the cricket apps are only on cricket phones

you get the android market place Internet and everything tho so u should be fine. and google backs up your contacts you you dont really need mybackup

swishanon

Oct 21, 2008
Hi, I've done this process on about four phones no problem. For the phone i'm trying to do right now however in QPST a lot of tabs are missing. What is the problem?

Dec 30, 2007
Where do the min/msid go. I am having the same problem. Market youtube, mms, texting everything works besides the browser. where did you fix this and how? Thanks for the tutorial as well, very easy to follow and worked great.

mpsantiago

First I'd like to thank the OP for this tutorial. Good job! It helped a lot.

I only have one problem- I can do everything but SEND mms messages. I can receive them, I can call, I can text, I can browse the internet- but I can't send.

Anything obvious I should check? I've looked everywhere I know to look.

mpsantiago

Disregard my previous post. It appears the problem is somewhere between Cricket and AT&T. I can't get it to send MMS to my AT&T phone, but I can send to myself just fine- and I sent one to my neighbor (Verizon) and she got it just fine too. I'm not gonna worry about it :)

vasiaeva

Jan 6, 2011
NEEd yOU HeLP GuyZ

Thanks for Tutorial. But i need some help with my 3g internet i check its 3g, its very ssssssllllllllooooooooowwww. Id tied a bunch of prl the only one my 3g working with 45713 hybrid with sprint 60678.Im in chicago
ROM SNSGB V1.5 everything work after autostart.apk and cricket v10.zip and anycut proxy settings host-wap.mycricket.com port-8080
BSB version 2.15.00.0808
PRI 1.77 033
Kernel agressive freedom-v0.9
Data plan 55 for android
Those who have problems with wifi tether if you use a proxy on your phone ,you must change proxy browser settings. Firefox->options->network->settings->same settings as for the phone.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Someone in another thread said:

"i am having problems in cdma workshop getting it connected to the com port. i have the htc diag drivers instaleld phone in diagnostic and qpst open and it recognizes it as FFA/SURF QSD8650 Rev 2.0 (80D36A00). Its on COM6 i open cmda workshop and change the com to 6 and baud rate to usb and it says Failed.. Unable to open COM6 port. anyone have a clue how to help a newb get this working?"

I've been struggling with this for a few days as well, anyone have any idea why this is? I've tried using all different ports and even a separate computer, then even flashed the phone again. I'm stuck!

Thanks!

ventovic

Nov 29, 2007
Kannapolis
Someone in another thread said:

"i am having problems in cdma workshop getting it connected to the com port. i have the htc diag drivers instaleld phone in diagnostic and qpst open and it recognizes it as FFA/SURF QSD8650 Rev 2.0 (80D36A00). Its on COM6 i open cmda workshop and change the com to 6 and baud rate to usb and it says Failed.. Unable to open COM6 port. anyone have a clue how to help a newb get this working?"

I've been struggling with this for a few days as well, anyone have any idea why this is? I've tried using all different ports and even a separate computer, then even flashed the phone again. I'm stuck!

Thanks!

make sure you dont have qpst opened when you try to connect to cdma workshop...you may already know that, but just incase you didn't

theclerk74

Jun 30, 2007
Houston
Thanks for Tutorial. But i need some help with my 3g internet i check its 3g, its very ssssssllllllllooooooooowwww. Id tied a bunch of prl the only one my 3g working with 45713 hybrid with sprint 60678.Im in chicago
ROM SNSGB V1.5 everything work after autostart.apk and cricket v10.zip and anycut proxy settings host-wap.mycricket.com port-8080
BSB version 2.15.00.0808
PRI 1.77 033
Kernel agressive freedom-v0.9
Data plan 55 for android
Those who have problems with wifi tether if you use a proxy on your phone ,you must change proxy browser settings. Firefox->options->network->settings->same settings as for the phone.

If you're on the $55 Android plan, there is no need for the AutostartROOT, or any of the proxy stuff. I'm sure I read that somewhere. I'm on the $45 plan since when I activated my Evo, the guy put it in the system as a CP phone. Anyway, I believe all you need to do is change the APNs and you're good with the Android plan.

BTW, if anyone can change my phone in Cricket's system, please send me a PM. I don't have any issues, but I've heard that the data speeds are much faster on the $55 plan.

paallday

Jul 24, 2011
philly
me too

I keep getting digital roaming warning
yea me too, when i do *22804 it very quickly goes from digital roaming to some sort of updater, but then it drops the call, every time. *228 does nothing but tell me to buy a calling card, as does 611. i am positive i had everything right, i did it multiple times, still nothing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry for the delay everyone but as I promised here is a tutorial to get cricket working on the EVO! Using the Jiminy (for Cricket) rom.

The Jiminy rom is the best for cricket because it has a modified MMS.apk along with alot of other things to make it easier for us! Thanks deathsled

Okay, I don’t have time right now to do a full tutorial
    But you need to have your evo Rooted: http://unrevoked.com/#evo
    You also need to install Jiminy (for Cricket): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=784776

You also need :
    CD MA WORKSHOP. I cant provide a link so find it on google
    QPST 2.7_355: http://www.mediafire.com/?giv1y4qd02k6y63
    HTC DIAG Drivers: http://www.mediafire.com/?h83292u2f3jdpo4
    MSL Reader: Its in the market – here is apk tho: http://www.mediafire.com/?5kocsnsw45lbhl1
    Nationwidedata PRL (Newest of 1/29/11): http://www.mediafire.com/?cp3najdla6tctm3
    cricket_web_mms_v10.zip: http://www.mediafire.com/?5fq4hyde5i5z69d
    Autostart: on the market but here is apk: http://www.mediafire.com/?z6icza0qx3i38ls
    Any Cut: Also on market but here is apk: http://www.mediafire.com/?fmoliwowccxx61b
    APN Backup & restore: again on the market but here is apk: http://www.mediafire.com/?fmoliwowccxx61b

After you root the phone and install jiminy get MSL reader from wifi and the market or install the apk I provided.
    Open MSL reader and right down your MSL code.

1. Dial ##DIAG# (##3424) on your phone should go black and show a computer or something
    2. Now plug your evo to the computer and it will try and find the drivers but it will fail or ask you to locate the drivers manually so make sure you remember where you unzipped the files

3.Open CDMA workshop select the COM port your evo is on click “Connect” then “read”
    4.Click the “security” tab under SPC type in your MSL code and click SPC> Send It should say Phone unlocked or something.
    5.Then replace your MSL code with all zeros 000000 and click SPC>Write it should say completed or written or something I don’t really remember cdma workshop.sry
    6.Exit out and restart your evo

7. Open QPST Configuration Click On The Ports Tab and Add New Port ( Make Sure Show Serial and Usb/QC Diag Ports Only is Unchecked) and Add The Port Of Your evo. Then select the new port that was added. at the top then go to Start clients> Service Programing

8. in QPST Click "read from phone" then click the "CDMA" tab change the settings as needed:
    8.png

9. Click “Roam” and select the nationwidedata.prl or another cricket prl
    10. click “Display” replace banner with “Cricket”
    11. go to M.IP Delete all the profiles, Click “add”
    Enter the settings:
    Where the black box is that’s where your number goes
    11.png

12. Click “ok” then change settings in the M.IP tab
    12.png

13: click “PPP Config” tab Change the IP addresses and compression settings to the ones below
    13.png

14. Click “Um” again change the IP’s and compression
    Tethered NAI yourfullphone#@mycricket.com
    User ID: yourfullphone#@mycricket.com
    Password: cricket
    NOTE: if NAI, User ID, or Password have black with red X’s in it select the box and press Ctrl+D
    14.png

15: click “AN”
    Tethered NAI yourfullphone#@mycricket.com
    User ID: yourfullphone#@mycricket.com
    Password: cricket
    15.png

16: click “Write to phone”
    17: Your phone will restart and when it comes back wait for it to completely load up
    3G should come and if you dial 611 it should say “Welcome to cricket”
    If not try to do a *228 if it fails do a *22804 if no luck check the settings above make sure everything is right.
    18. install Autostart from the market or use the APK I provided
    19. install Any Cut from the market or use the APK I provided
    20. Open Any Cut click “Activity” then Proxy Settings press your home button then click Proxy settings
    Host: Wap.mycricket.com
    Port: 8080
    “Save”
    21. install APN Backup&Restore from the market or use the APK I provided
    Click backup then connect your evo to the pc and mount SD then find the APN Backup restore folder it made then right click the xml it made and open it with notepad.
    Delete everything inside it and replace it with:
    <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
    <apns count="1">
    <apn name="CDMA-MMS" numeric="46605" mcc="466" mnc="05" apn="mms" user="your10digit#here@mycricket.com" server="NA" password="cricket" proxy="wap.mycricket.com" port="8080" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="null" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="http://mms.mycricket.com/mycricket/mms.php" type="mms" />
    </apns>

Save it and while your mounted to the sd go back to the root of your sd card and copy the cricket_web_mms_v10.zip on to the sd then unplug your evo.
    22. go back to apn backup & restore and delete APNs then Restore APNs and restore the one you edited
    23. turn off your phone then install the cricket_web_mms_v10.zip from recovery
    24. when it turns a thing should come up make sure you click “Allow”
    25. test your internet and picture messaging everything should work.

Remember this is a umm beta this is my first tutorial for the evo so if im missing anything or if something is wrong, sorry let mi kno and I will fix it.. Enjoy and good luck

EDIT:
    deathsled said:
    If some apps stop working over 3g (youtube and pandora) then your proxy settings might have been returned to Sprint. Follow these instructions to set them back to working settings for Cricket:

Dial ##3282#
    edit mode
    enter 000000 ok
    goto advanced
    scroll to RTSP proxy address and HTTP PD proxy address and change them to 0.0.0.0
    hit back twice and now try youtube it should work!
    Very nice how to thread.