Jan 30, 2013
New Hampshire
Yes, it works. Just tested it.
tuzazy2u.jpg

lol 14mbps? I can get that in 3G...

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
is this cd installer tied to a certain apk? mine doesnt come up when i plug it in.. just pops up for me to view folders etc but nothing to install anything? either way if its the thing that pops up on phone i like it cuz i always use the various connections depending on wat im doin with the laptop..

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app

djf8

Dec 1, 2009
Choctaw, OK
I've tried the method posted on the first page that others have said worked for them on the stock odexed rom. When I do what they describe I get stuck on boot at the samsung logo and have to adb into the phone and restore the original services.jar to enable the phone to boot again.

Edit: I forgot to mention I am on the ota update....maybe that's why I'm having issues.

Last edited:

EMSpilot

Inactive Recognized Themer
May 31, 2012
Show Low
odex

I've tried the method posted on the first page that others have said worked for them on the stock odexed rom. When I do what they describe I get stuck on boot at the samsung logo and have to adb into the phone and restore the original services.jar to enable the phone to boot again.

Edit: I forgot to mention I am on the ota update....maybe that's why I'm having issues.

That could be the reason why. If you want to send me your services.jar and services.odex I can take a look.

Thanks

timeToy

Aug 3, 2010
Here is the NE9 Stock Odexed services.jar and services.odex, as well as a NE9 DeOdexed services.jar

Attachments

• NE9_services-jar_Odex.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 21
  • NE9_services-jar_DeOdex.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:

lancelinksp

Apr 17, 2012
Mount Dora
Im currently using stock N12 so I'm odexed. I tried going the route of renaming files to .bak extensions and using this zip provided but with the modified services .jar from Ricks Rom v19.2 and Everything runs fine but when I plug in to my computer it still goes straight to 'Connected As An Installer'. Anyone have an alternate services.jar known to be working so I don't have to download another full rom just for that file? Thanks in advance

G

GuestK00143

Im currently using stock N12 so I'm odexed. I tried going the route of renaming files to .bak extensions and using this zip provided but with the modified services .jar from Ricks Rom v19.2 and Everything runs fine but when I plug in to my computer it still goes straight to 'Connected As An Installer'. Anyone have an alternate services.jar known to be working so I don't have to download another full rom just for that file? Thanks in advance

The file from my ROM works as it should. It goes strait to installer but no installer pops up and goes to media device in about one second. This is how the mod works.

BloodKil

May 6, 2011
sooo... foolishly attempted this on stock NI2 and had no nandroid (i know stupid)

phone locked as soon as I renamed services.jar to services.jar.bak and boots to verizon screen only : /

I could odin back to stock at this point but before I do figured Id try my hand at adb... was hoping someone could help with with the push/pull (what I need to type) so I can pull the .bak rename back to normal, push it back in, and better prepare myself before attempting again...

thanks in advance for any help you can provide

EMSpilot

Inactive Recognized Themer
May 31, 2012
Show Low
sooo... foolishly attempted this on stock NI2 and had no nandroid (i know stupid)

phone locked as soon as I renamed services.jar to services.jar.bak and boots to verizon screen only : /

I could odin back to stock at this point but before I do figured Id try my hand at adb... was hoping someone could help with with the push/pull (what I need to type) so I can pull the .bak rename back to normal, push it back in, and better prepare myself before attempting again...

thanks in advance for any help you can provide

Just take this flashable zip and copy it to your SD Card. You will have to remove the SD Card and copy it to the card with your computer.

Then boot the phone into TWRP recovery and flash this.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934517212

BloodKil

May 6, 2011

couldnt find a way to get twrp on phone (non dev edition) and wasnt sure if safe strap was good enough (new to gs5 and I know from the past some recoveries have quirks from phone to phone)

for now just odined back to stock and im in process of rerooting (and making a nandroid this time :x)

Ill likely be back to try this again in a day or two after im a bit more read up on this phone... that connected as an installer is quite annoying :eek:

xsc0rchx

Dec 18, 2010
Using the method to remove the Verizon CD installer, is it possible top replace it with DroidDrive to use custom ISO installers?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is based on Verizon S5 SM-G900V Android 4.4.2 G900VOYU1ANCG Deodexed. This was a group effort by Versatile1 and myself, please don't forget to thank Versatile1.

First thing you need to do is have a current Nandroid or backup. Then grab your services.jar from /system/framework.

Decompile with APKTOOL of your choice.

First step is to edit /smali/com/android/server/usb/UsbDeviceManager$UsbHandler.smali

Look For: 2 instances of "const v6, 0x1040739" and change to "const v6, 0x1040737"

Then edit /smali/com/android/server/KiesConnectivity/KiesUsbManager.smali

Look for: 1 instance of "const-wide/16 v2, 0x7530" and change to "const-wide/16 v2, 0x0"

That's it. Compile and Enjoy!!!

Here is a flashable zip for deodexed ROM only. http://d-h.st/qzW

If you want to use this in your ROM please don't forget to give credit to Versatile1 and myself.

Do not re-post our work!!! If you have questions or need this Mod on another phone just ask in a post!!!

Please don't forget to hit THANKS!!!
    It's amazing the time we spend fixing TW/VZW crap, when we could be doing so much more.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Please, would you mind adding to the OP what the public values here represent so this can be a little more universal across builds and S5 variants?
    Tnx - TD

Code:
    Look For: 2 instances of "const v6, 0x1040739" and change to "const v6, 0x1040737"

Located in framework2.jar\smali\com\android\internal\R$string.smali

You need to search for 2 Strings:

.field public static final usb_mtp_notification_title:I = 0x1040737

and

.field public static final usb_cd_installer_notification_title:I = 0x1040739

Change accordingly.
    Who wants to do this for the services.jar that has download booster enabled from this thread?: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2794970 :D

Here you go: http://d-h.st/8mL

Download the services.jar file
    If you are odex Rename system\framework\services.jar and services.odex to services.jar.bak and services.odex.bak
    Copy the services.jar to system\framework\
    Set the permissions to rw-r--r-- (0644) with Root Explorer and any other tool
    Reboot
    Who wants to do this for the services.jar that has download booster enabled from this thread?: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2794970 :D

You can use the one from the OP here if you're on VZW and deodexed.