Problems with upgrading the SPV M3100

Search This thread

dannyencasa

Jun 2, 2007
London
I recently purchased a SPV M3100 after reading many great reviews on this device.
I have just unlocked it using the HTC Hermes SIM & CID unlocker v3a using my old Windows XP laptop and it works great :) (I've tried using my Vista ultimate 64 computer earlier it didn't work).
I am now interested in upgrading my SPV M3100 to latest software available from Orange or the WM6 roms available on this site like Black Dymond, really keen in seeing its potential.
I have read through the Hermes upgrading forums carefully and made sure all is done properly. I have even read through the Mr Vanx step guides in upgrading.
First I decided to use the Orange update from their website.
After making sure the USB cables are connected correctly and allowing the WMDC to sync I proceeded to run the update.
I followed each step and tick the boxes. The phone goes into the tricolour mode or bootloader screen with the following on the screen:
Herm100
IPL-1.01
Herm100
SPL-1.40
On the computer, the window 'verifying your device' is on for few minutes, after this a new window appears indicating: ERROR 260 - update error
This happens again and again, day after day, I have soft reset the device, rebooted the computer, tried both the XP and vista computers, check the usb cable and connections, did everything that is said in the forums, but nothing....
I have even attempted to use the HardSPL program and followed the process to load the black dymond, but same message appears.
Must note that after soft resetting the device the phone returns to its original state, so no harm done. but no upgrade....... Damm...
Help... Any ideas ...... Please....:(
Many thanks
Danny
UK

Orange SPV M3100 / Hermes 100
Operator 14.123.1.614
ROM 1.23.61.4
Radio 1.16.00.0
IPL 1.01
SPL 1.40 Olipro

dannyencasa

Jun 2, 2007
London
Thanks for your prompt reply...
I thought when I originally installed the WMDC was the latest version as I have downloaded it from the Microsoft windows mobile website....
I have downloaded the appropiate Vista 64 version for my vista machine and the appropiate xp version for my xp laptop...
:confused:

berrmanf

Jul 19, 2006
Same problem -> Error 260 if I try to upgade.

Hi

I hve the same issue. Tried on Windows XP and Vista.
Also downlaoded the latest WMDC.

Could that be something with the area code?
I'm in Norway.

T

TheBrit

For XP should you not be using ActiveSync 4.5?

I re-flahed my M3100. The first attempt it failed, it then recovered itself and the second attemp was successful.

dannyencasa

Jun 2, 2007
London
Im sure I have, just downloaded the other day, anyway I have downloaded it again just now, installed it, connected my phone and allowed the sync process to complete. I run the orange update again and still the same message..... Error 260: update error:(

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
OnePlus 6
So i take it you havent read or searched on this error, the orange RUU cannot recognise your device because you have anewer SPL version (HardSPL)...ffs dude had you told us that fact it would have saved you PLENTY of time. You posted you had SPL version 1.40...................you SHOULD have said you have already updated to HArdSPL (1.40.olipro)

follow my Safe WM5 Flashing Guide to get it done. :rolleyes:

dannyencasa

Jun 2, 2007
London
Sorry if I have wasted your time. I thought that I included the my phone details (SPL and rom etc) on my original message.
I have searched for this error, but I gather I wasn't getting anywhere...
So I thought I would ask for some help and advice....
Anyway thanks for replying with your help. I will check your link straight away.
If I still have problems, I hope it would be ok to ask in this thread.
:)

dannyencasa

Jun 2, 2007
London
Thankx Mr Vanx for all your help.
It is now working. I've loaded the WM6 Black IV Shadow rom.
Do you know when there will be a 3G / video dialer for this rom.
Many thanks

bluetooth19755

Jul 1, 2009
Hi MRVANX, i also have the same SPL and my radio is not working. I tried to open the link that you have pasted but the link is broken. Can you please share the info here or on my email address "mohsin.ewwg@gmail.com"