[ROM] [4.2.2] [UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10.1 for ChaCha [05.April.2014] - updated!!!

Search This thread

ajeevlal

May 11, 2008
Houston
Google Pixel 8
Hello everyone...... here is the CM10.1 port for chacha. This rom is based on sources and repositories from luzifer1984 https://github.com/Luzifer1984?tab=repositories.

DISCLAIMER
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
DOWNLOAD

Test version
Untested version 05 April 2014

Release 3
Fixed Bluetooth problem (Patch)
Download - Release 3

Release 2
Fixed Proximity sensor using aldx.xda patches
Fixed incall screen (patch)
Fixed SD card problem

Download - Release 2

Initial version
Download - Release 1

If you see any performance issues, enable developer option (tap build number for couple of times) and set the CPU to operate between 480 Mhz and 800 Mhz

Installation

Install ROM
1. Reboot in ClockworkMod recovery
2. Make a NANDroid backup (Optional: in case you wnat to go to previous version)
3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
4. Wipe Dalvik Cache
5. Wipe Battery Stats (Optional)
6. Navigate to "Install zip from sdcard" --> "Choose zip from sdcard" and browse to the downloaded rom zip file
7. After installation, reboot

The first boot may take some time, so wait.... if it freezes for more than 10 min, reboot the phone.

Install INT2EXT
If you like to increase the storage for application, you can use INT2EXT
Partition ur sd card in recovery. (Do not partition for SWAP partition) and follow the instructions in http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1716124
Note: Do not install SWAP2INT if prompted
Reboot

Install Gapps
I recommend using slim Gapps from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2265564

BUGS
Documentation in progress

CREDITS
1) luzifer1984 for letting me use his source and providing guidance and support
2) adlx.xda for letting us know that our phone is capable of running cyanogen and his contributions to the chacha development
3) lucasarran for organizing rom development drive and creating inspiration for development among us
4) Developer community, without their hard work this wouldn't have possible
5) Finally my family (esp my 2yr old son) for support and not disturbing me during work :p

juz click thanks if you find this useful!!!

Last edited:

swashie

Jan 19, 2013
Sensor

Wonderful ROM, it booted into safe mode the first time but it is working really neat right now, I feel like you are getting really close to the sensor thing.
@mortal19xx IMHO I can't stand a rom without camera, it's just a big no for me.

Keep it up mate and thanks to your mentor to.

lil.masoud

Aug 11, 2012
behbahan
I flash it...its good.,,camera work but not perfect,,,its laggy...battery drains fast...gallery is good but cant scroll the pics with the arrow keys on keyboard...i install my favorite game hill climb racing but show FC,,,wifi can find the network but cant connect to it,,i take a antutu benchmark test and score was 3602 thats not bad at all,,whatever with all of these bugs,,u did a great job pal,,and i appreciate that...thanks a lot...:thumbup::)

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using xda app-developers app

GragonV

Oct 7, 2012
I flash it...its good.,,camera work but not perfect,,,its laggy...battery drains fast...gallery is good but cant scroll the pics with the arrow keys on keyboard...i install my favorite game hill climb racing but show FC,,,wifi can find the network but cant connect to it,,i take a antutu benchmark test and score was 3602 thats not bad at all,,whatever with all of these bugs,,u did a great job pal,,and i appreciate that...thanks a lot...:thumbup::)

Best CM 10.1 Rom so far.
the best thing is that the caller is now working great :D
The camera actually is better the other CM 10.1 Rom :), smooth on my phone, and even can record the movie :D
the gallery is (weird) laggy though. But it's not a bid deal since quickpic is a perfect one for replacing :D

Haven't test the battery yet but the other thing I've noticed is that the live wallpaper doesn't work on this rom

swashie

Jan 19, 2013
Best CM 10.1 Rom so far.
the best thing is that the caller is now working great :D
The camera actually is better the other CM 10.1 Rom :), smooth on my phone, and even can record the movie :D
the gallery is (weird) laggy though. But it's not a bid deal since quickpic is a perfect one for replacing :D

Haven't test the battery yet but the other thing I've noticed is that the live wallpaper doesn't work on this rom

have you tried connecting to a wifi network?

luzifer1984

Mar 8, 2012
No,,the wireless modem is working cuzz i connect to it with the stock rom...but with this rom cant connect,,i dont know whats the problem,,maybe i should reflash it to fix,,,

sorry my english.

wireless_modem : WIFI-modem On CHACHA. / android-wifi-tether

not your wifi modem router in your house. SORRY

Reactions: lil.masoud

malikou

Oct 25, 2007
reporting

first of all i want to congratulate ajeevlal for the awesome Rom and luzifer, AdlX.Xda for their support

• the camera works perfect for me taking picture and video
  • the gallery isn't laggy for me
  • wifi is Ok
  • not had time to test gps
  • the proximity sensor is not working (work fin on adlX.Xda 10.1 Rom)
  • in call screen need resizing
  • Battery drain fast ???? i'm not sure about this, will test again and report

swashie

Jan 19, 2013
first of all i want to congratulate ajeevlal for the awesome Rom and luzifer, AdlX.Xda for their support

• the camera works perfect for me taking picture and video
  • the gallery isn't laggy for me
  • wifi is Ok
  • not had time to test gps
  • the proximity sensor is not working (work fin on adlX.Xda 10.1 Rom)
  • in call screen need resizing
  • Battery drain fast ???? i'm not sure about this, will test again and report

gps is working fine, I wiped my chacha yesterday and weather widget got my city right.

Monster shooter is working for me, dunno what you did man but this is a totally new chacha for me

Last edited:
Reactions: 01110362

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone...... here is the CM10.1 port for chacha. This rom is based on sources and repositories from luzifer1984 https://github.com/Luzifer1984?tab=repositories.

DISCLAIMER
    USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
    DOWNLOAD

Test version
    Untested version 05 April 2014

Release 3
    Fixed Bluetooth problem (Patch)
    Download - Release 3

Release 2
    Fixed Proximity sensor using aldx.xda patches
    Fixed incall screen (patch)
    Fixed SD card problem

Download - Release 2

Initial version
    Download - Release 1

If you see any performance issues, enable developer option (tap build number for couple of times) and set the CPU to operate between 480 Mhz and 800 Mhz

Installation

Install ROM
    1. Reboot in ClockworkMod recovery
    2. Make a NANDroid backup (Optional: in case you wnat to go to previous version)
    3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    4. Wipe Dalvik Cache
    5. Wipe Battery Stats (Optional)
    6. Navigate to "Install zip from sdcard" --> "Choose zip from sdcard" and browse to the downloaded rom zip file
    7. After installation, reboot

The first boot may take some time, so wait.... if it freezes for more than 10 min, reboot the phone.

Install INT2EXT
    If you like to increase the storage for application, you can use INT2EXT
    Partition ur sd card in recovery. (Do not partition for SWAP partition) and follow the instructions in http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1716124
    Note: Do not install SWAP2INT if prompted
    Reboot

Install Gapps
    I recommend using slim Gapps from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2265564

BUGS
    Documentation in progress

CREDITS
    1) luzifer1984 for letting me use his source and providing guidance and support
    2) adlx.xda for letting us know that our phone is capable of running cyanogen and his contributions to the chacha development
    3) lucasarran for organizing rom development drive and creating inspiration for development among us
    4) Developer community, without their hard work this wouldn't have possible
    5) Finally my family (esp my 2yr old son) for support and not disturbing me during work :p

juz click thanks if you find this useful!!!
    hey guys...

I think it is better that we leave CM 10.1 alone... now time is for CM 10.2
    Okay, you start working on it, and let us know how it goes.

Now, speaking more seriously, I'd rather have a stable modern rom, than have the 'latest and greatest' with all the same problems we already had.

honestly? I'd be happy with CM9 if it was completely stable, all the issues and kinks worked out of it, etc.
    The idea here isn't to compile a rom that incorporates all the latest features into the phone - it's to give a modern OS to a phone that has since lost support from its creators.
    The reason for this is to get a rom that is -fast-, -stable-, and -compatible- with the latest -apps-
    CM10.1 will do this just fine. And once all the kinks are worked out, it will be much easier to port the rom to something like CM10.2 (or possibly later, depending on how long it takes to get this one stable)
    I will inform you immediately when I update my source.

Let's make it better for CHACHA.

Thank u.

Bug report later
    compiled a new version with the bluetooth fix, please test and provide me the feedback

Release 3.. test
    but it makes a huge problem that you can't see the caller and it makes huge problem to identify the caller . I THINK HE HAS DONE A GOOD JOB
    :good:

the credit goes to luzifer1984 and all other developers listed in the first post.