Galaxy S5 USB3 - or not!

Search This thread

altimax98

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
There should be a setting in the storage area to enable USB 3.0. By default it will always initially connect at 2.0 unless that toggle is flipped

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

markymarkis

Apr 27, 2007
Itll be on the USB PC connection screen. Plug your S5 into the PC and tap the notification that should say Connected as MTP. Itll bring you to the screen with the selection. Itll have to be enabled each time you connect the cable from what I know

I've never seen that option, if i plug in the usb cable then go to notifications and click "connected as a media device"
when i tap it i get the option to connect as a media device (mtp) or camera (ptp)
and nothing else.
no other option, no menu.

altimax98

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
You are using a USB 3.0 cable and port with USB 3.0 drivers installed?

Especially the driver part

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

markymarkis

Apr 27, 2007

ok i have found the reason.
the Australian firmware (straight from samsung, not carrier related) is severely crippled.
it has usb 3 disabled completely.

i flashed the taiwanese firmware on my device and now under windows when i plug it in i get the usb3 option on the phone, when activated it works perfectly. mac osx doesn't work.

i can't believe how crippled the Australian firmware is, no auto rotate in gallery, not able to turn off shutter sound in camera, can't modify the dock. no camera on lock screen, no usb3 support, and probably more...

Reactions: Nightlight

Nightlight

Jun 7, 2009
Babylon 5
the Australian firmware (straight from samsung, not carrier related) is severely crippled.

i flashed the taiwanese firmware on my device and now under windows when i plug it in i get the usb3 option on the phone, when activated it works perfectly. mac osx doesn't work.

i can't believe how crippled the Australian firmware is, no auto rotate in gallery, not able to turn off shutter sound in camera, can't modify the dock. no camera on lock screen, no usb3 support, and probably more...

I know this is an old thread but at least you managed to find a firmware that worked. I have a G900F with a USB3 port that I cannot use :(
cheers all!
Night...

Reactions: rommy667

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I know this is an old thread but at least you managed to find a firmware that worked. I have a G900F with a USB3 port that I cannot use :(
    cheers all!
    Night...