Search This thread

PiskopatYazar

Feb 7, 2013
Im using the device since Tuesday and here are my findings about the device.

Lets start with the Goodies,

Once you hold the phone you know you have got a piece of unique quality phone. It is designed really nice. If I would trust myself I would never use a case for this device.

Battery life is amazing. Nobody can complain about the battery life of this phone unless they have a faulty battery. First day charged it for 4 hours and lasted me 1 day 16 hours. I totally drained my battery and fully charged it and lasted me 1 day 17 hours. (5 hours of screen time on both charges). I would give 10/10 on battery life thats for sure.

Camera is awesome. There are no words to describe to camera quality. I was really worried about the camera quality after seeing some silly pictures taken with the device. So many options to choose on camera. You definitely don't need a third party camera app for this phone.
Recorded some videos at 1080p quality. I can only say "wow". I was mirroring it on my 3D HDTV, everything is so clear. When you upload it to Youtube you dont get as good as quality you have in your phone. Do not judge the video quality of the camera at youtube or any other video uploading websites. They always trim your video and reduce the quality of the videos.

Full Album of photos taken at Botanic garden

Defocus background Mode Photo Samples

Manual Mode Photo Samples

4K Video Quality Sample

Screen, it is really nice and clear. I was also worried about the screen as someone said screen is really dim. That guy must be blind. On highest brightness you cannot even look at the screen cos its shining on your eyes :). When it is sunny outside if the screen brightness is not at full you can hardly see the screen but if it is full its fine for me at least.

Sound quality is pretty good on both ways either on speakers or headphones. It can actually be too loud if you are watching good quality movie or listening good quality songs.

Antutu Benchmark Score and Comparisons

And the baddies.

Notification sound and vibration are so low. You can hardly hear your notifications. I have changed my whatsapp notification vibrate to long one still sometimes cant feel it. Hope they will fix it with an update.

Double touch to wake feature is not responsive. I was like tapping 10 times to wake the phone up where I supposed to tap twice. I just dont use it any more. Also I believe it drains the battery.

4K Video recording is out of sync. I believe that cos the screen has to be 4K to get the sync at the right time. It is quite pointless to record videos at 4K unless you have 4K TV.

Fingerprints on back glass I mean it gets dirty so easily I even tried that by washing my hands and after playing a wee while it leaves the fingerprints on the glass is annoying me. I have got a case that problem is sorted but still something could be done for it.

Charging battery is seems so slow to me, takes over 4 hours to fully charge. Not too sure if I have got a faulty charger or everyone is the time as me but it should be quicker in my opinion.

There is no restart button on power menu all the other phones have it. I have no idea why they never put restart button on the power menu.

So far I can say those things about the phone but I will update it when I find out new stuff.

Last edited:

debrandman

Mar 16, 2014
Have you yet encountered the overheating issue on your Z2, also how is call quality on your device?

PiskopatYazar

Feb 7, 2013
Have you yet encountered the overheating issue on your Z2, also how is call quality on your device?

When I recorded 4K video it was getting warm I did record quite small length of video though 38 seconds.

I think everybody has got that issue it warms up or overheat while recording 4K videos.

I did record 6 mins of 1080p video it was totally fine.

Call quality is really good even with headphones.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Cena99

Apr 1, 2013
I use the phone for 2 days. the double tap feature it's working very well for me and always responding i just love it and i don't think it consume battery. i use the phone all day with wifi and Lte 4g.. watching YouTube. viber.. WhatsApp . playing with the camera a bit . etc.. and the battery just don't want to go down.. am amazed by the battery life.. and the screen colours and quality just OMG.. I never seen any phone before with same like this screen.. about the RAM i still have around 1.4Gb empty which is amazing after installing all the apps.. so far i never noticed overheating problems just normal warm like other phones

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

PiskopatYazar

Feb 7, 2013
I use the phone for 2 days. the double tap feature it's working very well for me and always responding i just love it and i don't think it consume battery. i use the phone all day with wifi and Lte 4g.. watching YouTube. viber.. WhatsApp . playing with the camera a bit . etc.. and the battery just don't want to go down.. am amazed by the battery life.. and the screen colours and quality just OMG.. I never seen any phone before with same like this screen.. about the RAM i still have around 1.4Gb empty which is amazing after installing all the apps.. so far i never noticed overheating problems just normal warm like other phones

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

Yeah I forgot to add the battery life at goodies.

Battery life is amazing 1 day 17 hours it lasted me on second charge. On first charge was almost the same.

kingrion88

Oct 28, 2013
Judging from your response on the charging time, I believe the charger provided by Sony has a low current. Since Z2 has quick charge 2.0, get a stronger charging adapter to get a faster charging time.

Reactions: xphobic

PiskopatYazar

Feb 7, 2013
Judging from your response on the charging time, I believe the charger provided by Sony has a low current. Since Z2 has quick charge 2.0, get a stronger charging adapter to get a faster charging time.

Where can I a get it?

The charger came with my device is this one as @Jackos said 1.5

Attachments

• 1399805850670.jpg
    1399805850670.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 582

kingrion88

Oct 28, 2013
I have yet to receive my Z2 so I am not entirely sure as to where you can get the charger unfortunately.

I believe quick charge 2.0 mean it supports up to more than (>) 4Amp current compare to the ones provided by sony which is 1.5A. This explains how Oppo Find 7 charge its latest flagship with 70% in just 30 minutes since it is provided with 4.5A charger.
.. I could be wrong though.

PiskopatYazar

Feb 7, 2013
I have yet to receive my Z2 so I am not entirely sure as to where you can get the charger unfortunately.

I believe quick charge 2.0 mean it supports up to more than (>) 4Amp current compare to the ones provided by sony which is 1.5A. This explains how Oppo Find 7 charge its latest flagship with 70% in just 30 minutes since it is provided with 4.5A charger.
.. I could be wrong though.

Okay will check and see if I can get faster charger for it.

Pesetio

May 7, 2014
I've used double tap to wake a lot, it has never failed once so far. Maybe you accidentally putt glove mode on?

My battery lasted over 22 hours, with 38% left (5 hours 33 mins screen time). Battery charged from 38% to 90% in about an hour, used Sony charger (microsd).

I agree about the ring tone and notification volumes being too soft.

Reactions: doministry

PiskopatYazar

Feb 7, 2013
I've used double tap to wake a lot, it has never failed once so far. Maybe you accidentally putt glove mode on?

My battery lasted over 22 hours, with 38% left (5 hours 33 mins screen time). Battery charged from 38% to 90% in about an hour, used Sony charger (microsd).

I have checked the glove mode which is off.

I have turned my double touch to wake function on again so far so good.

Can you tell me what model is your battery charger? is it same as mine? (you can see it above) My battery was charged 54 percent in one and half hour and my phone was off.

Pesetio

May 7, 2014
I have checked the glove mode which is off.

I have turned my double touch to wake function on again so far so good.

Can you tell me what model is your battery charger? is it same as mine? (you can see it above) My battery was charged 54 percent in one and half hour and my phone was off.

My charger looks smaller then yours, I couldn't take a clear picture of it ATM.

Charger EP880 1269-4154.1
TYPE AC-0401-AU
INPUT: 100-240V~ 300mA 50-60Hz
OUTPUT: 5.0 VDC=== 1500mA
PSM08AU-050S
S/N xxxxxxxxx
Made in China by Phihong

This difference seems to be the input, mine is 300mA while your's is 250mA and made in different places.

leecasey

Jul 4, 2010
I would just like to add I have the same issue with the tap to wake functionality. Its intermittent at best.

I have noticed it happens when the phone has been idle for some time. It will take around 4 taps to wake the screen. Once you do it once, it will pretty much do it perfect every time repeatedly. That's as far as my trouble shooting has established so far.

It is definitely an issue though and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

Where did you get your Z2 from? Wasn't O2 by any chance?

Reactions: jadaress1

PiskopatYazar

Feb 7, 2013
My charger looks smaller then yours, I couldn't take a clear picture of it ATM.

Charger EP880 1269-4154.1
TYPE AC-0401-AU
INPUT: 100-240V~ 300mA 50-60Hz
OUTPUT: 5.0 VDC=== 1500mA
PSM08AU-050S
S/N xxxxxxxxx
Made in China by Phihong

This difference seems to be the input, mine is 300mA while your's is 250mA and made in different places.

Yeah that's the only difference where do you live? Why I got everything different than other people. My headphones are different as well I believe a model down one I have.

PiskopatYazar

Feb 7, 2013
I would just like to add I have the same issue with the tap to wake functionality. Its intermittent at best.

I have noticed it happens when the phone has been idle for some time. It will take around 4 taps to wake the screen. Once you do it once, it will pretty much do it perfect every time repeatedly. That's as far as my trouble shooting has established so far.

I bought it from three.

Pesetio

May 7, 2014
Yeah that's the only difference where do you live? Why I got everything different than other people. My headphones are different as well I believe a model down one I have.

I'm from Australia. Don't worry, I have the bad earphones too.

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

I just woke up about 1 1/2 hours ago and the phone double tap on first try for me, have all the power saving options turned on. I am not saying it's not an issue, it's just not an issue for me because it has worked for me 100% of the times I've tried it. Not sure if I'm just lucky or if I'm some kind of double tap master.

leecasey

Jul 4, 2010
I'm from Australia. Don't worry, I have the bad earphones too.

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

I just woke up about 1 1/2 hours ago and the phone double tap on first try for me, have all the power saving options turned on. I am not saying it's not an issue, it's just not an issue for me because it has worked for me 100% of the times I've tried it. Not sure if I'm just lucky or if I'm some kind of double tap master.

Apologies, I wasn't implying everyone has the issue but it's definitely an issue for a large amount of people. There is a thread about it on the Sony forums. Nothing acknowledged as of yet though.

Pesetio

May 7, 2014
Apologies, I wasn't implying everyone has the issue but it's definitely an issue for a large amount of people. There is a thread about it on the Sony forums. Nothing acknowledged as of yet though.

All good, no need to apologies.

Could be due to touch screen responsiveness on some screens.

leecasey

Jul 4, 2010
All good, no need to apologies.

Could be due to touch screen responsiveness on some screens.

its fine after the initial attempt from a long idle period though. Who's using the official flip case? I am. I'm wondering if the felt against the surface could be causing some kind of weird problem. Clutching at straws but trying to find some common/uncommon ground.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Im using the device since Tuesday and here are my findings about the device.

Lets start with the Goodies,

Once you hold the phone you know you have got a piece of unique quality phone. It is designed really nice. If I would trust myself I would never use a case for this device.

Battery life is amazing. Nobody can complain about the battery life of this phone unless they have a faulty battery. First day charged it for 4 hours and lasted me 1 day 16 hours. I totally drained my battery and fully charged it and lasted me 1 day 17 hours. (5 hours of screen time on both charges). I would give 10/10 on battery life thats for sure.

Camera is awesome. There are no words to describe to camera quality. I was really worried about the camera quality after seeing some silly pictures taken with the device. So many options to choose on camera. You definitely don't need a third party camera app for this phone.
    Recorded some videos at 1080p quality. I can only say "wow". I was mirroring it on my 3D HDTV, everything is so clear. When you upload it to Youtube you dont get as good as quality you have in your phone. Do not judge the video quality of the camera at youtube or any other video uploading websites. They always trim your video and reduce the quality of the videos.

Full Album of photos taken at Botanic garden

Defocus background Mode Photo Samples

Manual Mode Photo Samples

4K Video Quality Sample

Screen, it is really nice and clear. I was also worried about the screen as someone said screen is really dim. That guy must be blind. On highest brightness you cannot even look at the screen cos its shining on your eyes :). When it is sunny outside if the screen brightness is not at full you can hardly see the screen but if it is full its fine for me at least.

Sound quality is pretty good on both ways either on speakers or headphones. It can actually be too loud if you are watching good quality movie or listening good quality songs.

Antutu Benchmark Score and Comparisons

And the baddies.

Notification sound and vibration are so low. You can hardly hear your notifications. I have changed my whatsapp notification vibrate to long one still sometimes cant feel it. Hope they will fix it with an update.

Double touch to wake feature is not responsive. I was like tapping 10 times to wake the phone up where I supposed to tap twice. I just dont use it any more. Also I believe it drains the battery.

4K Video recording is out of sync. I believe that cos the screen has to be 4K to get the sync at the right time. It is quite pointless to record videos at 4K unless you have 4K TV.

Fingerprints on back glass I mean it gets dirty so easily I even tried that by washing my hands and after playing a wee while it leaves the fingerprints on the glass is annoying me. I have got a case that problem is sorted but still something could be done for it.

Charging battery is seems so slow to me, takes over 4 hours to fully charge. Not too sure if I have got a faulty charger or everyone is the time as me but it should be quicker in my opinion.

There is no restart button on power menu all the other phones have it. I have no idea why they never put restart button on the power menu.

So far I can say those things about the phone but I will update it when I find out new stuff.

I'm curious, does the pen mod that worked on xperia z1 work on xperia z2 too ?

Works without any mod (written with a long pen now)

Skickat från min D6503 via Tapatalk