Otterbox on note

Search This thread

N3RD420

Dec 20, 2011
detroit metro
I got a reply back today from otterbox. I asked if they planned on making a case for the note. They said they're working on the otterbox commuter case for the note as we speak and should be available soon. Thought I would post just in case anyone was interested.

G~Note "nuff said"

Reactions: unhurt

slaydog

Dec 14, 2009
I had an Otterbox case for my Streak, and loved it, but I have to say that I am shocked at the quality of this generic case I got on ebay for like $8! Head over to the accessories forum and you'll see some pretty happy campers who spent less than $10 for a case...

Sent from my SGH-I717R using Tapatalk

Boomer Dog16

Feb 18, 2011
I have used Otterbox cases in the past but the last time i checked they were listing the case for the G Note at 56$ Um they can kiss my business g buy. I got a very good Reiko case from a seller on ebay for 8.88$ delivered The Reiko case is everybit as good as a defender from over priced otter! I tend to be from the school "ya get what ya pay for" but the Reiko case even has a kickstand, flap covers that cover charging an earphone ports.

N3RD420

Dec 20, 2011
detroit metro
I had bought one of those off brand cases for my ns4g on amazon. It came with a stylus and like 3 screen protectors for 10$! They're are some good deals out there so I agree. I seen that reiko with the kickstand think I seen a red/black one. I might have to get it. I bought the flipbook (hated it before I took a chance) I was surprised tho. Note looks sexy just doesn't offer much protection in case of a drop :eek:

G~Note "nuff said"

Chief Geek

Aug 13, 2010
Fayetteville, NC
Otter says on their site that they sell their own products higher on their site then what their resellers sell for b/c they would rather you buy through them but won't refuse money. So the price quoted is always higher then what is available once they start shipping. I bought a commuter for my Vibrant and loved it. I did break it eventually and that happened by removing it so many times. I just wish I could get the Defender for this thing. I may have to look at some of the knock offs out there for such a dramatically lower priced case. I still just want a nice (brown) leather belt clip holster since leaving the tie off is considered a casual day at work for me.

Dec 6, 2010
Otter box return policy

Even tho theirs prices are little higher than the norm, the have excellent warranty policy and will pretty much ship you a complete new case if need be, providing you date and name the pictures. I've received a couple through this process (All defenders cases), ex complete case (SGN), replaced several holsters (Iphone, Backberry, Nexus S)

dakleenupman

Nov 30, 2008
Chicago
Even tho theirs prices are little higher than the norm, the have excellent warranty policy and will pretty much ship you a complete new case if need be, providing you date and name the pictures. I've received a couple through this process (All defenders cases), ex complete case (SGN), replaced several holsters (Iphone, Backberry, Nexus S)

I agree. I've done this too and for that service I'd gladly pay a bit more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

reup247

Dec 23, 2010
They included an amazing screen protector with my iPhone 4 commuter case also (better IMO than this SGP one that I'm using).

I will probably pick one up, especially if it includes their protector...

Chiver

Mar 5, 2012
Virginia Beach, VA
I've had an Otterbox on every device I've had so far (iPad & iPhone). They really make some great cases (a bit costly but worth every cent). I can't wait until I can get one for the Note.

dtesche1

Mar 14, 2012
Pottstown Pa
I love otterbox too, however, I needed something right away. I'm a bit to clumsy to gamble on a $750 device. I ordered an "active" case from Seidio, they are similar to otterbox except no screen protector (I use zagg anyway). One thing I like about Sedio products over otter is the options. It's a three layer case with the first layer having the capability to be a simple standard case. Check them out if you don't feel like waiting.

dakleenupman

Nov 30, 2008
Chicago
I love otterbox too, however, I needed something right away. I'm a bit to clumsy to gamble on a $750 device. I ordered an "active" case from Seidio, they are similar to otterbox except no screen protector (I use zagg anyway). One thing I like about Sedio products over otter is the options. It's a three layer case with the first layer having the capability to be a simple standard case. Check them out if you don't feel like waiting.

Please advise on the product you ordered. My main concern is the holster not being sturdy enough like the Otterbox.

Chief Geek

Aug 13, 2010
Fayetteville, NC

dtesche1

Mar 14, 2012
Pottstown Pa
Please advise on the product you ordered. My main concern is the holster not being sturdy enough like the Otterbox.

I've used their case with holster for my charge, the belt clip has held up very well. I was mistaken on my first post. I thought this was the equivalent of the defender series. After looking at it again, I see that it is more like the commuter series from otter box but with a holster. Still a great case/holster combo in my opinion. I can't post a link yet, but check out the online store at seidio.com.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

gmoooney

Jul 12, 2010
Virginia
The dude at the ATT store told me Otterboxes were "bulky pieces of crap".

Then he proceeded to try to sell me a Speck case for FIFTY BUCKS.

I had to pass :) I too am looking forward to a commuter case.

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
Moved to Accessories

As this is a post about accessories it should be in that section​

Last edited:

dtesche1

Mar 14, 2012
Pottstown Pa
I've received my case from Seidio, and I like that it doesn't make it that much thicker. On a phone this size, any bulkiness may be a bit to much. I'm also glad to hear that otter is working on one as well. I have a gift card for them and would like to compare cases.

Either way, the active case from Seidio is what I expected. I also cut my own custom screen protector from a HD Zagg designed for the kindle fire. I think the stylus works better with the HD version then their standard protector.

derrick_

Sep 14, 2010
I've received my case from Seidio, and I like that it doesn't make it that much thicker. On a phone this size, any bulkiness may be a bit to much. I'm also glad to hear that otter is working on one as well. I have a gift card for them and would like to compare cases.

Either way, the active case from Seidio is what I expected. I also cut my own custom screen protector from a HD Zagg designed for the kindle fire. I think the stylus works better with the HD version then their standard protector.

take some pics! thats the one i want, though i can't decide if i want it in white, red, or purple.

and i figured the hd would do that. hope they release it for this phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got a reply back today from otterbox. I asked if they planned on making a case for the note. They said they're working on the otterbox commuter case for the note as we speak and should be available soon. Thought I would post just in case anyone was interested.

G~Note "nuff said"