How many times did you exhange?

Search This thread

bntran02

Jul 1, 2012
The thread title says it all. How many times did you return your nexus 10 before you received one that was free of defects? I have one that freezes once or twice a day and am considering the exchange process. Luckily I purchased through samsclub and should be able to just go to the store.

Reactions: ndirish2001

noisy_lightning

Dec 15, 2010
England
None!

Yes mine has light bleed, but on auto brightness in 3 months I have literally NEVER seen it in real life usage unless actually turn the brightness up to 100% and look for it. In actual fact its got better from when I bought it in Feb. As for the lock ups you mentioned, since the last software update and using Chrome Beta I have seen no locks or reboots in at least a month!

I expect your problem is linked to an app not the device itself.

bntran02

Jul 1, 2012
None!

Yes mine has light bleed, but on auto brightness in 3 months I have literally NEVER seen it in real life usage unless actually turn the brightness up to 100% and look for it. In actual fact its got better from when I bought it in Feb. As for the lock ups you mentioned, since the last software update and using Chrome Beta I have seen no locks or reboots in at least a month!

I expect your problem is linked to an app not the device itself.

I've tried removing most apps without success including chrome and location services. I guess running with no apps is the next step...

I havent done much research on which apps area causing freezes but I did not find anything on what I have installed. Some notible non-google apps that I am running are:

AiCloud, Amazon store, BankOfAmerica,Calengoo, Discover, File Manager HD, GooManager, GroupMe, Hulu Plus, iHeartRadio, IP Cam Viewer, Md5Checker, MightyText, Mobile Queue, My Netflix Q, OfficeSuite, Speed Test, Swiftkey, UberSync, WD Remote, WeatherBug, Wifi Analyzer, Wordfued, XDA

Last edited:

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
Zero

Minor bleed in the left but only seen at 100% brightness

Performance.. Rock solid. I've done 2+ Months without a reboot.

evaKieP.jpg

brees75

Jul 6, 2012
Dallas
None.

Had it since January with absolutely no problems other than the ones I have caused undervolting and tweaking. ;)

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
None, I also got mine from sams club and its been working great. I was a little worried when I bought it because the seal was broken but I took it back And they said it was to check everything was there. They gave me a different one with a closed seal and were very good about it. I don't think it should be too hard to exchange it and MIME Gantt had any problems so I think you should switch it.

Sent from my Xperia Play (r800x)

mustbepbs

Nov 19, 2011
Zero. I have slight light bleed on the black light bleed checker, but it doesn't bother me at all. Apparently my Nexus 7 had light bleed too but I never saw it in the 10 months I owned it.

newellj79

Jan 2, 2011
OnePlus 8
None. I have light bleed on the left but never would notice it in real world usage. I only know its there because I was told how and where to look. Very solid device, have had it since the first week of release.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

samwheat

Feb 28, 2011
7 no returns vs 2 / 3 returns .... ( 4 with mine on the way )

thats not so bad :)

shamefully but not disastrous

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

rxnelson

Aug 30, 2011
Once. Light bleed all 4 corners and a ”smudge” in upper left of center.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

shadowblade330

Mar 29, 2012
California

samwheat

Feb 28, 2011
i shure it is but dont forget the past and everytime ask for better ... they have the resources to do that .

nexus 10 its a very good product, very well designed but very badly build ..

i will try let others to write post relate to this subject because i m becoming subject of jokes for asking a normal thing for all of us .

Our money are important . Don t waste them for others mistakes and careless !
Money = your work = your life ...

espionage724

Feb 8, 2010
wiki.realmofespionage.xyz
OnePlus 6
Bought from Google Play; no exchanges (I'm satisfied with my device).

The only issue I have is some minor light bleed that is only noticeable on a black background at max brightness in a dark room, in other words, something I'll never notice :p (I had to actually look for this light bleed too)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i shure it is but dont forget the past and everytime ask for better ... they have the resources to do that .

nexus 10 its a very good product, very well designed but very badly build ..

i will try let others to write post relate to this subject because i m becoming subject of jokes for asking a normal thing for all of us .

Our money are important . Don t waste them for others mistakes and careless !
    Money = your work = your life ...

I think your right about the problems (even though I don't have any there are many who do) but I'd say it was Samsung's fault not Google's. I think they sabotaged it on purpose (kind of a wild accusation) so that their tablets (the galaxy series) would swell better. But I haven't had any problems with mine an im more than satisfied with it. Only thing is I hope another company makes it next time like sony (very unlikely) or lg since the nexus 4 turned out great though phones and tablets are completely different so there's no telling how a tablet would turn out by them.

I think your right about the problems (even though I don't have any there are many who do) but I'd say it was Samsung's fault not Google's. I think they sabotaged it on purpose (kind of a wild accusation) so that their tablets (the galaxy series) would swell better. But I haven't had any problems with mine an im more than satisfied with it. Only thing is I hope another company makes it next time like sony (very unlikely) or lg since the nexus 4 turned out great though phones and tablets are completely different so there's no telling how a tablet would turn out by them.

You're not alone, I've thought the same. Let's look at what they've got to lose: Nothing. What've they got to gain? Sending people to Galaxy tabs. Especially on the customer service department.
    The thread title says it all. How many times did you return your nexus 10 before you received one that was free of defects? I have one that freezes once or twice a day and am considering the exchange process. Luckily I purchased through samsclub and should be able to just go to the store.
    bla bla

and who pay for all this time wasted on replacement adventure ?

google didnt say on the box " be carefull you can gat a bad product " " i warning you "

wake up !

all you must see its this, not only me :

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=35365383

please stop argue with nonsens .... whats your point of attacking me ? i dont get it ... pff :confused:
    I wasn't trying to attack you; I'm just pointing out that no OEM specifically says what you pointed out, not just Google.

You had a bad experience, I can sympathise with that; but majority of people likely haven't had such an experience, or else we'd be seeing many more threads about this, major news sites reporting it, and even word from Google about it. But alas, I don't see any of that. What we have here is a common product launch. The loud ones are the ones with issues with their device.

Plus that thread you linked is only 2 pages. Not that I'm diminishing the reports of those people, but your talking a small handful of people, compared to every N10 owner. Drop in the bucket, or something along those lines... Now go look at the reports of the Nexus 4 charging orb. You want to see a widespread "issue", look no further than that orb.

I'm not trying to make excuses for Google either. Of course them, and every other OEM should try to release as many non-defective devices as possible (which I'm sure they do already to an extent). Such a thing probably isn't going to happen without a nice price increase either...
    None. Slight light bleed in one corner but it's only noticeable when I'm in a pitch-black room, which is never.

I don't know why people think they can start removing system services and get surprised when they run in to problems.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

I would think every time a Nexus 10 is sold Samsung gets some coin, so they definitely have something to lose. Money, and possibly their reputation.

On the outside of the box, and in the ads, there is little to tell the public its a Samsung product. That, and has someone done a price breakdown? Because according to Samsung's pricing scheme... It has to be a VERY small coin they're making on it, as I suspect its being sold near cost for them.