How to successfully fix “Firmware Upgrade encountered an issue” for GT-N7100

Search This thread

ibraahim

Mar 2, 2009
Mumbai
But that would mean flashing a nd3 bootloader which is non degradable to 4.1.2. And What am I trying to do is, make 4.1.2 work on my phone. My imei remains intact but I am not able to receive signals.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

mahastat

Dec 10, 2009
Realme X2 Pro
I've seen the 'Firmware Upgrade encountered an issue' screen multiple times after flashing DN3/other ROM. I just force closed and rebooted and it went away. The first solution to apply is, therefore, to just force reboot by pressing power button for a few seconds.

tnt4ever

Jan 22, 2009
Milton Keynes
are you sure then its not a hardware fault..?
i just assumed but why dont you keep your phone working on a 4.4 or custom 4.4
see rom section you have more good choices..!

But that would mean flashing a nd3 bootloader which is non degradable to 4.1.2. And What am I trying to do is, make 4.1.2 work on my phone. My imei remains intact but I am not able to receive signals.

Reactions: ibraahim
hi guys
you have to help a friend who is in France and has a problem, he updated the phone from 4.1.2 to 3.2 ditto but has not updated the bootloader to MJ5, and now no wifi no imei.
I tried to install the file N7100XXUFNE1_N7100OXAFNE1_XEF.zip not using the pit file attached, but always fails, I'm wrong in something? can you help me step by step?

tnt4ever

Jan 22, 2009
Milton Keynes
hi guys
you have to help a friend who is in France and has a problem, he updated the phone from 4.1.2 to 3.2 ditto but has not updated the bootloader to MJ5, and now no wifi no imei.
I tried to install the file N7100XXUFNE1_N7100OXAFNE1_XEF.zip not using the pit file attached, but always fails, I'm wrong in something? can you help me step by step?

Hello babek
Give the initial guide a thorough study once again
I are in the middle or if your friend then he is in the middle of the process
If still failed please update
:
update:
try this with PIT flash over odin 3.07( https://www.dropbox.com/s/qs9wigflyrwp8ip/N7100XXDLL7_N7100OXADLL4_N7100XXDLK7_FACTORY_XEF.rar) download and extract you will find all files inside
make sure usb drivers are installed and phone is detected
if failed, restart the System, and try again, this might fail in the middle, which means pit is flashed, you can then flash the rescue firmware without pit, which may fail few times but keep it going, it will be a success at the end ( lucky enough if went through in first try)
after flashing this rescue firmware download 4.4.2 kitkat from first post and flash that to bring it back to life( iMEI and Network) ( 4.4.2 kitkat ) https://mega.co.nz/#!2QRmCbyb!YkWs927BfvYxqL-vJiQHXkshqG3UtqHm4XIDbgLsEK0

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Hello babek
Give the initial guide a thorough study once again
I are in the middle or if your friend then he is in the middle of the process
If still failed please update
:
update:
try this with PIT flash over odin 3.07( https://www.dropbox.com/s/qs9wigflyrwp8ip/N7100XXDLL7_N7100OXADLL4_N7100XXDLK7_FACTORY_XEF.rar) download and extract you will find all files inside
make sure usb drivers are installed and phone is detected
if failed, restart the System, and try again, this might fail in the middle, which means pit is flashed, you can then flash the rescue firmware without pit, which may fail few times but keep it going, it will be a success at the end ( lucky enough if went through in first try)
after flashing this rescue firmware download 4.4.2 kitkat from first post and flash that to bring it back to life( iMEI and Network) ( 4.4.2 kitkat ) https://mega.co.nz/#!2QRmCbyb!YkWs927BfvYxqL-vJiQHXkshqG3UtqHm4XIDbgLsEK0

hello tnt4ever and thank you very much for your help !!
Sorry for my poor english, I'm not sure I understand well, I must insist, and then restart the computer every time he flashed the file until it https://www.dropbox.com/s/qs9wigflyr...ACTORY_XEF.rar pit and although fails six times? and only then switch to flash the file: https://mega.co.nz/ #! 2QRmCbyb! YkWs92 ... qHm4XIDbgLsEK0?

tnt4ever

Jan 22, 2009
Milton Keynes
try changing the pc
try changing the Odin
try to flash PIt file it self first see if it went through
if no try to flash the firmware it self ( rescue firmware) if it didnt went through try both with odin 3.09
see if it works
i hope your friend will find a way
the only bad thing is your partition, once written the problem will be resolved

hello tnt4ever and thank you very much for your help !!
Sorry for my poor english, I'm not sure I understand well, I must insist, and then restart the computer every time he flashed the file until it https://www.dropbox.com/s/qs9wigflyr...ACTORY_XEF.rar pit and although fails six times? and only then switch to flash the file: https://mega.co.nz/ #! 2QRmCbyb! YkWs92 ... qHm4XIDbgLsEK0?

try changing the pc
try changing the Odin
try to flash PIt file it self first see if it went through
if no try to flash the firmware it self ( rescue firmware) if it didnt went through try both with odin 3.09
see if it works
i hope your friend will find a way
the only bad thing is your partition, once written the problem will be resolved

Nothing to do,all the times failed or remain in connection setting ,and he has't another computer:(

den0809

Nov 15, 2012
Just lost my wifi/bt & wifi hotspot after using dn3 5+ for a several days.. I return back to 4.3 custom rom and stock rom/ flashing mj5 bootloader hoping to fix this problem but no luck.. :/

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Please post screen shots

hi my friend, I am about to give up, I do not know what to do, with much difficulty my friend found another PC but with the same results, it seems impossible to do anything with this phone I used odin and drivers kies but maybe wrong drivers ? odin sees the phone but fails at everything I've tried to flash even pit but nothing to do: (

Attachments

• fail.JPG
    fail.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 165

tnt4ever

Jan 22, 2009
Milton Keynes
Hey guys, sorry for the delay...

Dunno if the link provided by ibraahim is efficient for anyone having a problem, if it does, it's fine by me, but when I had troubles months ago (because I ticked "Nand Erase All" option in Odin, thus corrupting my bootloader and messing up my phone) I tried all the solutions from this link and, as tnt4ever well remembered to specify in OP, only the 2nd firmware from that link worked. That file was the only one to contain all three required files to re-write the bootloader and related stuff (param.img, tz.img, sboot.bin), along with the .pit file, for re-partition. Ibraahim's file is the one from the 3rd file from that link, so I remember it didn't contain all those files. But, I repeat, according to your phone's problem, that firmware could be just fine to fix your problem. For me, it didn't.

So, as OP stated, the links are not available anymore, but I have the file on my pc and uploaded (again) to my Dropbox, if anyone needs it. The problem is that Dropbox doesn't allow excessive file download and thus the file may become unavilable for download (as it did before). So, the one(s) who get to grab the file, is more than welcome to mirror it.

N7100XXDLL7_N7100OXADLL4_N7100XXDLK7_FACTORY_XEF.rar

Btw, tnt4ever: didn't you already have this file, since you downloaded and tried it, so you could upload it somewhere? :confused:

Hello steff
Can u please check screen shots posted at the last page
Some one needed help to get the phone back in working state

tnt4ever

Jan 22, 2009
Milton Keynes
hi my friend, I am about to give up, I do not know what to do, with much difficulty my friend found another PC but with the same results, it seems impossible to do anything with this phone I used odin and drivers kies but maybe wrong drivers ? odin sees the phone but fails at everything I've tried to flash even pit but nothing to do: (

I have requested steff to look into it
Don't give up mate
Life is not all about giving up
I was exactly in the same situation
Any way have you tried flashing 4.4.2 stock rom only with odin 3.07?

steff195

Nov 5, 2008
Severin
@babak: From what I see in the screenshots, the pc sees the phone, so the problem is not about the drivers, odin, or pc.
I see that you tried to flash the pit file alone, and then you tried the FN1 firmware. It's not good.

Try this: prepare to flash the 4.1.2 rescue firmware along with the .pit file, so you'll have to do this: put the .pit file in the pit checkbox, put the rom in the pda checkbox. You'll have to flash these together, not separately. Give it a try. It must work. ;)

Then, you can flash whatever rom you like. ;)

I have requested steff to look into it
Don't give up mate
Life is not all about giving up
I was exactly in the same situation
Any way have you tried flashing 4.4.2 stock rom only with odin 3.07?

Thank you my friend, but I've tried everything, I even tried to install rom 4.4.2 rom I tried rescue and pit and in each case the result is the same that's why I wrote that I give, if I could do something I have not tried yet, but I do not know what I would do.
@babak: From what I see in the screenshots, the pc sees the phone, so the problem is not about the drivers, odin, or pc.
I see that you tried to flash the pit file alone, and then you tried the FN1 firmware. It's not good.

Try this: prepare to flash the 4.1.2 rescue firmware along with the .pit file, so you'll have to do this: put the .pit file in the pit checkbox, put the rom in the pda checkbox. You'll have to flash these together, not separately. Give it a try. It must work. ;)

Then, you can flash whatever rom you like. ;)

Thanks for your suggestion but believe me I tried this, I put N7100XXDLL7_N7100OXADLL4_N7100XXDLK7_FACTORY_XEF. and Annex pit but always with the same result, odin remains stationary and does nothing I can also show you a screenshot.

tnt4ever

Jan 22, 2009
Milton Keynes
No
Thank you my friend, but I've tried everything, I even tried to install rom 4.4.2 rom I tried rescue and pit and in each case the result is the same that's why I wrote that I give, if I could do something I have not tried yet, but I do not know what I would do.

Thanks for your suggestion but believe me I tried this, I put N7100XXDLL7_N7100OXADLL4_N7100XXDLK7_FACTORY_XEF. and Annex pit but always with the same result, odin remains stationary and does nothing I can also show you a screenshot.

Remove keis from your system but keep the drivers and try again
Which windows u using xp or 7...?
Oh and by the way why you are using team viewer for this solution..?
I believe doing it remotely can cause the error though I may be wrong... But a virtual machine is not reliable specially when flashing..

Last edited:
No

Remove keis from your system but keep the drivers and try again
Which windows u using xp or 7...?
Oh and by the way why you are using team viewer for this solution..?
I believe doing it remotely can cause the error though I may be wrong... But a virtual machine is not reliable specially when flashing..

I think the problem is writing on partition by pit file ,now my friend has a new cable ,he is on windows 7 and you see teamweaver because i'm in italy and he is in France maby if i try some other rescue fireware with pit file inclused :(

Attachments

• ripartition.JPG
    ripartition.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 97
  • setup.JPG
    setup.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 98

steff195

Nov 5, 2008
Severin
I think that could be the problem, you doing it remotely. Tell him to do it himself. Explain him the steps (if he doesn't know how to do it), or assist it while doing it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hello every one

as the subject says if you soft brick your phone for whatso ever reason( and you are facing Firmware Upgrade encountered an issue on display when turning on,
    then this solution might be very helpful for you
    i was on 4.3 with MJ5 boot loader, made the mistake didnt checked the phone info and tried to downgraded the firmware caused my phone soft bricked
    the worst thing i realized i didnt made any backup( even the EFS back up was lost)

in short the story is..

i asked couple of people for advise,
    i tried following to bring my phone back

* Samsung Kies( recovery Modes by entering Device Serial Numbers and Model Name) Result: Failed, this device cant be upgraded/restored due to custom firmware
    * Odin: 3.09 + stock firm ware ( 4.3 from O2uk and then 4.3 3 Uk) Result: failed, error message, missing PIT File
    * Tried to find PIT File online but there are few places you can get stock 4.3 Firmware Extracted PIT File to flash) tried here http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1927983, result failed
    * then tried different firmwares ( European, French 4.3, UK 4.1 with and Without PIT file ( http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/) but failed again, the ODIN 3.09 was not helping out here

I was about to give up here but then steff advise me to try and flash rescue firm ware from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32273406 link but only 2nd firm ware ( not the 1st or 3rd, ) for some reason the 4.1 rescue firmware link is down,( download from here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/qs9wigflyrwp8ip/N7100XXDLL7_N7100OXADLL4_N7100XXDLK7_FACTORY_XEF.rar)
    Android - 4.1.2
    PDA - N7100XXDLL7
    CSC - MULTI XEF_N7100OXADLL4
    RADIO - N7100XXDLK7
    DOWNLOAD_N7100XXDLL7_FACTORY (2012-28-12)(
    and steff helped me out with his drop box to upload the rescue firm ware ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/gfdh3mgbv34c3ti/N7100XXDLL7_N7100OXADLL4_N7100XXDLK7_FACTORY_XEF.rar )
    any way by extracing the rescue firmware 4.1, and doing PIT file flash with Odin 3.09 didnt worked either, so as per advise i changed the Odin 3.09 to 3.07( download from ( Odin 3.07 - XDA-Developers)
    i was successfuly able to flash PIT ( done this number of times , at first flashed rescue firmware with PIT File, failed half way cause the PIT was flashed but firmware couldnt went through, then flashed rescue firmware 4.1 alone
    stopped half way, again started in download mode and flashed it went through and finally phone booted up)

* NOw the IMEI was gone, tried to enter phone engineering screen to update the IMEI from GPR Service Menu but failed
    * i flashed MJ5 boot loader to see if it works fine failed again.

* Finally i was told to flash Stock 4.4 KK which will remove all bugs from the phone and hope fully the phone will boot with correct imei
    downloaded 4.4 from this link ( https://mega.co.nz/#!2QRmCbyb!YkWs927BfvYxqL-vJiQHXkshqG3UtqHm4XIDbgLsEK0) fast download, and flashed successfully , which bring my note back to life
    everything works fine
    * I tried to flash 4.4.2 direct to see if it works( both with Odin 3.09 and 3.07 before flashing rescue firm ware but this didnt work either

* IMportant Points:

Avoid flashing any rom/kernal unless you are sure what you are doing
    * always keep a nand back up prior to any flashing
    * always read good enough before you flash
    * and even if you read enough and something went wrong, use your phone for parts and pay for the charity at the end:)

i hope this is simple guide for you to sort your bricked phone from the error'' firmware upgrade encountered an issue please connect with kies''

special thanks to smeet.somaiya , singhpratik87 , , Logel, nitol, and Specially to steff195 for providing all links up and running

this will save time and money to those who are out of warranty

thanks
    @tnt4ever awesome guide dude :)

are you sure then its not a hardware fault..?
    i just assumed but why dont you keep your phone working on a 4.4 or custom 4.4
    see rom section you have more good choices..!

hello,
    im using 4.4.2 stock firmware and have some problems with gyro/rotation sensors that im hoping to resolve with the rescue firmware, but im afraid because of downgrading the firmware. So can someone to confirm that the above procedure will work or ill just brick my device?

Maybe recalibrating will help:

Type *#0*# in the dialer and click on "sensor".

On the bottom left you can see "Magnetic Sensor" in a black circle. If there´s a 0 in it, you Need to calibrate like this:

~3x turn device around the perpendicular axis - a 1 should appear
    ~3x turn device flat around the axis - a2 should appear
    ~3x turn device sidewards around the axis - now a 3 and a blue line should appear

Sorry for my english - i tried my best.

C U
    WeT-Klb